Chapter 4
1.7k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Well, that turned out quite different from what I had planned. I don’t know how I feel about this...Oh well, what can I do. Enjoy:)

It was dark. That day.

The blue sky mocking her. Laughing at her ignorance.

But was it...ignorance? She knew, didn’t she?

She refused to accept the truth, preferring the thin veil of lie.

Even when they tore that up as well, she scrambled to gather the pieces.

Pathetic.

That person was right all along.

***

Blurry. Where am I? *blink, blink*

{Welcome back Amy. I hope you had a nice rest.}

She took a few seconds to gather her thoughts. Oh yeah. She died. Now she’s a cloud. On the bright side: No studying! No homework! No exams!

[Author: lucky biss:(]

It is dark, nighttime. She’s still above the familiar, static body of water. Hopefully it won’t be long before a scenery change. She’s surprised how quick she got used to her new body. Too natural, almost like it was meant for her.

How long have I been knocked out for?

{It’s been approximately half a day since you were last awake. Mental stability minimum reached.}

Oh? Not too bad. She thought it must have been a couple days for sure. She felt surprisingly well rested, a bizarre feeling for a college student to get used to. Maybe it’s just her, but she always felt tired no matter how long she slept after starting college. I miss home...


Startled, her brain automatically steered her thoughts towards a safer subject.

Is there any way to get to land, or am I stuck following the wind?

{Your mana has been refilled since your upgrade. Would you like to spend 10% for a map? Remainder: 90%}

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Right after she spoke, a floating paper map appeared in front of her. She would have preferred an invisible hologram thingamajigger, but beggars can’t be choosers. One thing for sure, it looks nothing like the map of Earth.

Her eyes are soon drawn to a blue glowing dot in the middle of what should be an ocean.

Is that me?

{Yes, that’s right. Would you rather wait for the free transportation to send you to the nearest land mass. The eta sets at no longer than 48 hours. The other options are 20% for instant random teleportation or 10% for stronger winds.}

What if the random teleportation sends me to another body of water? That would be totally my kind of luck.

{No worries it will be somewhere random on the closest land mass. The stronger wind option will also blow you towards the closest land. It will just take longer.}

She should probably conserve her mana since everything requires it. Also, what if somebody noticed a cloud appearing out of nowhere. She should be cautious until she knows the current world situation.

I’ll take the strong winds please.

{Understood. Remainder: 80%}

That was how she ended up being blown across the ocean by a hurricane.

So...what else can you tell me about this world?

***

Narrator POV:

Meanwhile, on a land not too far from Amy in this new, exciting world, there lives a young girl about 5 years old. Her name is Yi (忆).

She lives in a tiny little house in an insignificant village like the numerous that exists in the kingdom of Ruo. Like all small villages, all the villagers are

well acquainted with each other and any news, no matter how small, spreads like fear/panic during an epidemic.

Her parents died when she was 3. She stood in silence not far from the blazing fire. (Dead bodies needed to be cleansed by fire to prevent evil from claiming them.)

‘Poor thing’ one whispered, to lose her parents at such a young age.

‘She probably doesn’t even understand’ a neighbor replied. ‘She’s never been the brightest.’

‘Perhaps it’s better that way.’ They all agreed.

‘Doesn’t she still have a bro-‘

Shush! They all glared at the idiot who suddenly appeared among the flock.

The fire flickered in front of her unblinking eyes. Tears rolled down her cheeks, yet she stayed silent. It was as if she was waiting for her parents to come pick her up and tell her it was all going to be alright. But that would never happen ever again.

A warm hand rested itself on her shoulder. Yi tilted her head back. Her blurry vision fell on the 11 year old boy standing front of her with a slight frown on his face.

“Come on. Let’s go home.”

“Home…”

***

{-many kingdoms. The one you’re heading towards is called Ruo-}

Ok, ok. Let’s take a break here. I want to sleep.

{But you just woke not too-...Alright, good night Amy.}

She could sense the slight disappointment that managed to seep through her mind. Great, now even I’m disappointed with myself.

That familiar disappointment...her parents. Family. Home. Home? The unnerving feeling came back full force. Before her mind could distract itself, she saw it. Her memories.

Where home should be…

B

L

A

N

K

32