Pandas Don’t Do Math. Specializing in Pandas. (Rewrite)
1.7k 11 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aergia, looking at the evil fairy dust biscuit stealer in utter betrayal, ate her last whispfluff fairydust biscuit while she followed her friends to the adventure's guild. 'How dare that fox steal my cookie! It's mine. Humph, try to steal; you get bit!' The angry panda glared daggers with her eyes at her friend, who had bite marks all over her arms and face. What was weird was that Sionna also had a blissful smile. Her dopey face was confusing Aergia a little. 'Weird'.

 On the other side, Wadjet looked at Sionna with envy. 'Lucky, I want to feel Blakely's love bites too.' These two were hopeless.

As the three girls wandered through the bustling street of Dew Lake, they checked their status screens.

Player Name: Blakely Arcas
Morpher Name: Aergia
Race: Panda Kin
Sub-race: Sin (Sloth)
Class/ Profession: Summoner
Proficiency: Novice Tier 1

General Skills: Analyze (Novice Tier 1), Inventory (Novice Tier 1: 10 slots per Mastery gained), Navigation (Novice Tier 1), All Language (Unique)

Class/ Profession skills: Summon (Novice Tier 1: 2 slots per tier mastery gained. Power of Summon will affect slot availability), Calm (Novice Tier 1), Ride (Novice Tier 1), Tame (Novice Tier 1: 2 slots per Mastery gained. If Power of Summon is ten levels above Morpher, Taming will fail), Linguistics (Novice Tier 1) Simple Weaponry (Novice Tier 1), Life Link (Novice Tier 1: Must choose 1 Summon/Tame to specialize)

Physical: 4
Mental: 13
Spiritual: 10

Equipment: Starter gear (Personalized for Player)

Blakely only likes to do physical activity if she is forced to. Most of the time, she is cooped up in bed sleeping. She is a very lazy panda girl. Hence, the physical score. She is a brilliant 15-year-old. Her eidetic memory made school a breeze. Thirteen is eight levels above average. The Spiritual stats involve will and charisma. It is vital in this panda. Her cuteness is too powerful.

Player Name: Maven Fallon 
Morpher Name: Sionna
Race: Fox Kin 
Sub-race: Mystic Fox Kin
Class/ Profession: Illusionist 
Proficiency: Novice Tier 1

General Skills: Analyze (Novice Tier 1), Inventory (Novice Tier 1: 10 slots per Mastery gained), Navigation (Novice Tier 1), All Language (Unique)

Class/ Profession Skills: Basic Illusion (Novice Tier 1). Mirror Clone (Novice Tier 1: Number of Clones grows with Mastery), Mirage Fog (Novice Tier 1), Simple Weaponry (Novice Tier 1), Emissive (Novice Tier 1)

Physical: 10
Mental: 9
Spiritual: 8

Equipment: Starter gear (Personalized for the Player)

Maven liked sports and forcing Blakely to chase her. (She finds her panda-loving friend's reactions cute and amusing. This fox is really hopeless sometimes.) Because of her… hobbies… yeah, let's go with that. Anyway, because of this, her physical status is double that of an average person. Maven's Mental is also pretty high. All thanks to the pestering to be tutored by her favorite lazy bed potato. Spiritual stats... well, she had to say no to the adorable panda sometimes, right?

Lastly,

Player Name: Iris Sterling 
Morpher Name: Wadjet
Race: Snake Kin 
Sub-race: Chaos White Snake kin
Class/ Profession: Blade Dancer 
Proficiency: Novice Tier 1

General Skills: Analyze (Novice Tier 1), Inventory (Novice Tier 1: 10 slots per Mastery gained), Navigation (Novice Tier 1), All Language (Unique)

Class/ Profession Skills: Basic blades (Novice Tier 1), Dancing (Novice Tier 1), Grace (Passive) (Novice Tier 1), Flash Step (Novice Tier 1), Counterstrike (Novice Tier 1), Dual handling (Novice Tier 1)

Physical: 8
Mental: 10
Spiritual: 9 

Equipment: Starter gear (Personalized for the Player)

Iris worked part-time in the early mornings as a teacher for beginner classes at her father's fencing dojo. She enjoyed fencing but not so much the people she had to teach the basics to. Her mentality was because, like Maven, she was occasionally tutored by Blakely, but mostly, she was naturally just really smart, unlike Maven, who preferred to play around. Finally, Spiritual is due to… Yeah, Blakely really is pampered. 

"Hey, Aergia, when will you use that summoning skill?" Sionna wanted to know what kind of cute summon will her friend get.

 Aergia thought about it a little. "Most likely after we pick out our first adventure's quest. If it's too big, it will cause too much attention." The two friends nodded in understanding. 

Seeing a quaint building with a sign that read "Adventurer's Guild," the three girls entered the guild hall, where they found bustling crowds packed with players already there. The polished wooden beams and furnishings dominated the interior, emitting the scent of rich, earthy oak. The oak sent carried a sense of stability and tradition within the guild. The air was tinged with an electric excitement reminiscent of anticipation and adventure. It had hints of leather from the gear of seasoned NPC adventurers, mixed with the sweet aroma of freshly brewed potions and the earthy scent of the landscape behind the hall.

Aergia looked at the bustling Guild Hall and immediately felt her energy drain away. Hearing a pained moan behind them, Sionna and Wadjet looked at their friend, who appeared to be a melting panda-shaped slime. Wadjet, trying and failing to keep her smirk from showing on her face, consoled Aergia by giving her petting her behind her ears. It wasn't long after Wadjet heard her purring in content. 'So cute'.

While waiting their turn, Sionna discussed with Wadjet what kinds of first-time quests the three girls should do. Distracting their little panda bear friend with scratches made the time go faster. 

"Hello, welcome to Dew Lake's Adventurer's Guild Hall. My name is Suzu, what can I do for you today?" Greeted a light brown hair cat girl. Her large blue eyes sparkled with happiness. Her bubbly demeanor helped her customers feel more welcome. 

Since Wadjet was still pampering the panda in her arms, Sionna took the speaking role this time. "We wish to join the Adventurers' Guild as a group." Sionna's voice was even and emotionless. Sionna didn't like interacting with people she didn't know… or weren't Blakely. 

"Very well. Please sign this paper." A little while later, the three left the guild's hall and returned to Aergia's napping nest, the bench under the willow tree. Sionna sat down first and dragged Aergia down so she could lay her head on her lap. Wadjet lifted Aergia's feet after she sat down on the other end of the bench and laid the panda kin's feet on her lap. They relaxed for a while. 

 "Aergia, before we start the quest, we want you to use your summoning skill," Wajdet said. Sionna nodded in agreement. Drowsily, the panda kin got up, reached out, and spoke. "Summon," with a cute yawn. A moment later, a black and white summoning circle surfaced on the ground in front of Aergia, where a Giant White and pale green Panda bear appeared. 
Aergia squealed when she saw her first summon. "How do you like your first summon, Aergia?" Sionna's smirk could be heard through her rhetorical question.

Aergia looked back at her two best friends with a severe face and said with all the seriousness she could muster. "I am going to specialize in Pandas!"
 

46