The Red Priest and Blue Slime Chapter 7
195 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Rimuru had Gobta, who had actually been to the relatively nearby Dwarven holdings known officially as the 'Armed Nation of Dwargon.' get some more Hobgoblins and some of the newly evolved Tempest Wolves that had evolved with Rimuru's naming. I was more focused on the other three beings I had named.

Like Rigurd and a few other hobgoblins. Karna had grown to be large, he was seven feet tall and with blazing red hair and one of his eyes had a ruby glaring pupil that as he looked upon things would raise the temperature just passively to say nothing if he used his mana to enhance its effects. 

But far more noticeable were the two Direwolves I had named, Fenrir was a fucking beast to put simply. More than twice the size of Rimuru's Ragna, and with saber tooth-like fangs, instead of the unicorn horn that Ragna had. And the fangs went along with his skill in cursing anything he bit with necrotic magic.

And then there was Sif, she had gone from the standard Direwolf to an advanced form of the Tempest Wolves that Rimuru created en-mass with the same abilities but hers were greater and more advanced. 'So there is obviously a correlation between the amount of power, the name, and intent given for the Majin.' I thought as I threaded my hands automatically through Sif and Fenrir's fur on their heads while Demeter strapped some ropes around the wolves for us to ride them.

"So how long is the ride going to be?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as I had forgotten that detail.

Gobta grimaced but then he smiled as he held out his hands and said confidently. "For just a normal goblin, to carefully and safely make our way to there... It takes a good couple of months, but with how strong Lord Rimuru is, and the speed of the wolves. We should get there in a week at max!"

My lips twitched at the thought of riding for a solid week for multiple hours a day on the back of an oversized wolf that was obviously going to be leaping about. But in reality, I knew I needed to go to this dwarf city as they likely had a lot of the ingredients I needed to make the potions for my advancements up the Red Priest, Sequences.

While I was in my thoughts, and Rimuru spoke to mount up so we would get a move on. I realized a rather crucial fact... "Rimuru," I called out making the slime bounce and turn to look at me from its position atop Ragna which it was going to be riding. "When we get to the city, could you loan me some materials I can use to sell to get the money I need to get potion ingredients?" As the slime paused I added on simply. "I will of course be paying back in potions that can do a large variety of things." 

The whole cultivation system of Lord of Mysteries was weird, it was basically taking the literally blended-up remains of some super eldritch creator god and using its concepts to become a god in those concepts... Of course, my own Red Priest Pathway, instead of alien space god juice was instead made with the pulped remains of a version of Khorne so mine didn't have the eldritch mania built in.

Either way, the potions and rituals I had downloaded into my head, could bring Rimuru and their people some much-needed bonuses.

Rimuru jiggled and my lips twitched up into a smile as they formed a large thumbs-up aimed at me with their voice coming in gleefully. "That's no problem at all Jake! I was just thinking about what kind of materials you needed!"

And with that little episode, we set off. I rode on Fenrir's back with my body laying almost flat atop his thickly furred back and using the ropes that Demeter tied around him to keep my grip on him while Demeter riding Sif rode in beside us.

We rode across the great Jura Forest, not meeting much in the way of issues, if anything I slowed us down a bit as I collected alchemical ingredients. But regardless Gobta was very wrong in the travel speed of Tempest Wolves when they knew where they wanted to go. It only took us barely three days to reach the dwarven city.

"Ok! Jake, and Gobta, you follow me into the city to find some blacksmiths we can bring back home!" Rimuru said excitedly and I nodded getting off Sif and patting her head which earned an amused chuff from the cool-tempered lady wolf while Demeter and Ragna protested and wanted to come with us.

"No! We shouldn't come in a huge group lest they think we are up to trouble or something." Rimuru said and I nodded and added.

"Setup camp, go fishing in the nearby rivers... It's gonna take us all day probably to meet with the dwarves and make a favorable impression." I said while wondering how things were going to go now with me here.

But apparently, peoples desire to live... Or maybe just fate itself was playing its hands as after we joined the large line to enter the city, we were accosted by two thugs with one looking weird as fucking hell with a large deep X-shaped scar that dug into his head, along with a massive Frankenstein like screw that was put into his ear.

"Oi oi oi! What are these weak ass monsters trying to do entering civilized lands!?" The scarred one drawled while holding his long dagger out towards us and I noticed the travelers in front of us cringed and pressed forward to move away from us while still watching with their full attention.

I coughed and spoke dully. "Both of you two, leave lest you get chucked into the dwarves' prison." I finished coldly but the short blond one snorted and drew his own long sword.

"We ain't in the dwarves city... I would say we should just kill both monsters and break your hands and feet for being mouthy." 

Rimuru coughed and then with their own voice turning dark said flatly. "Just walk away or we will have a real problem." And in response, they continued to bluster saying how they were going to sell the rare talking slime that was Rimuru reminding me how slavery was common in this world.

So in turn Rimuru took on an even bigger form of Ragna with two horns on his face and seeing the large wolf they called out and from the nearby tall grasses a few more bandit-looking adventurers ran out and my lips twitched as they instantly began attacking Rimuru but their attacks broke upon the thick fur of the Alpha Tempest Wolf form that Rimuru took.

"Now you guys made me mad!" Rimuru snarled and then they howled... The howl being the typical Rimuru's voice badly making a wolfs howl but it was just them screaming the 'Ah' and then hanging on and extending the 'Wo' but this time the sound wave shattered the magical shield they put up and like a wave of conquerers Haki from One Piece I could see the line of people behind and around us fainting and some even pissing themselves in fear.

"Rimuru.." I drawled making Rimuru look at me in their dog form and I held up a thumb behind me as clear as day, dozens of heavily armed dwarves were rushing towards us. "You done fucked up dingus." 

And I would always remember the way Rimuru's face had a doggies expression of surprise and then shame as their ears went down before they dropped back to the ground in their slime form as the dwarves took us into custody... With Rimuru being stuffed into a used wine barrel apparently as no cuffs could be put on them.

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patr-eon.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

13