Chapter 3 Creation
4.2k 13 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Familiar violet screen returned with a single message.

Race designation is XRC343 [ Homo Sapiens]. Would the user like to change race?

"Yes," The screen shifted into something that I would see in an MMO character creation screen. A copy of my body hovered in the center wholly nude and three dimensions. I gazed at my tan flesh and the perfect shape that resulted from my awakening for a moment. I let out a sigh of sadness and wished for a moment that my body looked like this while I was still alive. "This is too bland," I told my self under my breath as I quickly took stock of the screen. I glanced at the upper left-hand side, and I saw two tabs that caught my interest, Races, and Forge. I mentally clicked on the races tab, and a list popped up of everything I can choose. My eyes widen, and my head suddenly started to hurt at the sheer number of options available. I quickly searched for a filter, and thankfully I found one. I quickly typed in the two races that my title gave me and added them into a bin on the character creation screen and then into the forge.

I went back to the filter and stared at the blank space for a moment, trying to figure out what keywords I should add to it. I thought back to my life, growing up and the things that interested me. Out of curiosity, I typed in the words space, and star and only a single race appeared, the Star Borne. Curiosity won me over, and I added it into my bin and forge. "This is too much to think about right now. I'll come back later to this if I don't like these options." I cringed as I realized I had a habit of talking to my self whenever I become nervous. I made a mental note to work on it as I shifted back to the character creation screen. I took stock of my body, and I made a mental gesture to open up the bin that contained three races. I dragged them out with a Ghostly finger that I only realized a few moments ago that I could use. I should probably test things before assuming they don't work. I thought quietly to my self as I lined up each race next to my body. The clicked on the first, which was Divine Angel, and a small description appeared just under the name.

Divine Angel: This is a race whose template is held in close secrecy by those that have ascended into Administrators. Most of the Divine Angels have been exterminated and the remainder number few. Those that remain are amongst the most powerful and are fighting to restore their kind to its former glory.

Racial Passives: High magical affinity (Light, and Holy magic variants), God-like potential, moderate combat potential.

I shook my mental head, Alpha may have thrown me a bone, but the description is so vague. "System, can you tell me why the descriptions are so vague?"I called out as I scrolled through the screen.

Racial descriptions are only given based on general knowledge as not to provide any recently awakened administrator an unfair advantage. Only enough information is given to spark interest.

I could roll my eyes if I had any at the moment at the response of the System. Nothing I can do at the moment, I thought to my self as I clicked on the Divine Demon race and received this description.

Divine Demon: A now-defunct race. These are the descendants of the Divine Angels and were hunted down by their kin many eons ago. Few remain, and even fewer of their kind are Administrators. Most knowledge of them is lost. Please see the nearest angel for more information.

Racial Passives: High combat potential, High Magical Affinity (Dark, and Evil Magical variants)

I frowned at the race, as I read the paragraph and felt terrible at their fate, but made a mental note to ask Malek when I return why they were close to extinction. I clicked on the last race that I haven't checked out yet, which was the Star Borne, and quickly read the description.

Star Borne: A race of humanoids who exist within the cosmos. Are an enigma to most of the universe and keep mostly to themselves. They are one of the few races not to be created by an Administrator. The template was found by accident and is kept away from the typical Administrator in fears of provoking the Star Borne.

Racial Passives: High Magical affinity (Cosmic, Space, and Gravity Magical Varients) High Combat Prowess, High dexterity.

I let out a low whistle and nodded my head. These guys seem pretty cool — time to test these bad boys out. I slid the Divine Angel template over to my body and dropped it in. The screen refreshed after a few seconds revealing that my once tan body changed into a deep gold color. My body was muscular and even had an eight pack on the abdomen. Each finger was long and slender, coming down to fingernails that looked like they were fresh out of a nail salon. My face was well-chiseled and had long flowing blonde hair that splayed itself around my shoulders. Where my eyes were once grey, they became a piercing gold, and my lips were a dark red. Above my head sat a golden flaming halo that occasionally shot flames outwards and upwards, and lastly, upon my back sat seven wings, which were as white as snow, and each one was large as my body and folded outwards in an intimidating fashion like a bird of prey.

I gazed at my form a moment longer and saw a note on the bottom of the screen which read,

The forms that are on display are the paragon of the species and will not represent each individual nor what they will look like. Your true form as an Administrator will always be the paragon of the species you choose, and since you have a title that allows it, Humanity will always be a subspecies for your true form allowing your body to have a more humanoid variant.

I let out a thoughtful sigh and stared at the screen for a moment longer and saw the button to change between gender. There were three options, Male, female, and Ambiguous. I clicked on ambiguous out of curiosity and a small description appeared just below it.

Ambiguous allows the user to be sexless if they do not wish to identify as strictly male or female and gives the user the ability to switch between the sexes freely.

I cycled through the three options and wasn't very impressed by any of them on the Divine Angel, and the male were too perfect, the female looked too precise and ambiguous was the closest to what I enjoyed. I dragged out the Divine Angel and made sure I had a copy in the forge area before dismissing it. I then dragged the Divine Demon over my body and waited as the screen refreshed itself.

Once the screen refreshed itself, I was rewarded with the sight of my flesh, turning from tan to a deep red. My short hair grew into free-flowing, dark hair that hugged my well-defined face and complemented the burning red halo that sat just above it. I had a set of seven wings on my back just like the angel except where they were white; these were a mixture of black and grey. My body typed looked almost exactly the same as a Divine Angel except where at the end of my fingers sat long claws. My eyes changed from grey to a glowing blood red. I frowned as I stared at the race; they looked almost the same. But clearly, they were different enough to be classified as separate races. With an annoyed sigh, I quickly dragged the Demon race off of my body and checked to make sure it was in the forge before dismissing it. This part is what I am most excited about.

I dragged the Star Borne over my body and waited patiently as the screen refreshed, and I was in shock. My tan skin dissipated and was replaced by an inky blackness that spread over every inch of my body. The skin was so dark that I couldn't even see the definition of the muscle underneath. Across the surface of my skin were small blinking lights that looked as if they were stars in the night sky.  My eyes were replaced with two little blazing blue stars. My face had no lips, and the skin seemed to meld together so well that my face almost appeared flat. I was so enamored with the form my body took that I almost clicked on accept before I realized that I could alter the templates in the forge area.

I clicked on the forge area, and a new picture appeared of what looked to be schematics of nervous systems and genetic coding superimposed on each other. Everything that made the species unique sat open to view, from the mana channels to the "Soul" of the species. However, confusing it looked, it made sense because of the title that Malek gifted me. I gestured with a ghostly finger to create a new template, and a blank space appeared underneath the three races.

I analyzed the bone structure of the Angels and the Demons and only saw a few differences. Where the Angels had a slender bone structure, the Demons had thick and dense bones. I created a copy of both skeletons and placed them side by side in the blank slate and pressed them together, and was shocked to feel that they repelled each other. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy. I thought to my self as I stared at the blueprints for a moment longer as I struggled to figure out how I was going to do this. I grabbed the rib cage of both species and clicked on them to reveal an extensive menu with a mind staggering amount of options. I let out an exasperated sigh and started working on my current project.

After what felt like ages, I managed to combine and mix the bone structure of both species template and managed to make mix the nervous system and mana passages together shortly after. Next was placing the DNA inside of this new template in a way that would make a functional being that wouldn't fall apart. I brought up a copy of both species' DNA and found that both shared almost the same DNA pattern. Both where a double helix strand of DNA, and the only real differences were the placement of specific proteins that both races had. I let out a small sigh and grabbed a fresh copy of a double helix pattern and mentally steeled my self for another long session of meshing and melding.

After a while and numerous failed attempts of crafting a new DNA strand from scratch, the system finally accepted it and imprinted onto the body structure. I let out a small sigh of relief as I realized the template was almost done. I only had to name it and set traits for the race. I gazed at the blank box as my mind raced through my memories on my time on earth, trying to find a suitable name. "Nephilim," I told the system, and the template grayed out for a moment while the familiar violet screen showed itself once more.

Analyzing template...Analyzing template... Analyzing complete. Congratulations, you have recreated a template of a species that is extinct. You have been granted the title of Raiser of the Forgotten. Species name has been changed to Nephilim and has been saved to your permanent database.

Title received:

Raiser of the Forgotten: You have successfully raised a species that has been extinct for countless eons. You have been granted progenitor status of the species and hold sole authority over this template.

Would you like to make this race public for Administrators to use?

I let out a nervous chuckle, not sure of what I just did, so I clicked no and quickly left the forge screen and dropped my new creation onto my body. The screen promptly refreshed, showing me a race that was beautiful beyond all standards.

My hair was mixed between golden and black, which seemed to shine and radiate power and cupping my face. My eyes were heterochromatic, one eye blazed with a fiery red resonance while the other hummed with holy white light. My body remained with the same toning as it had with both races, but the coloring was a light red shading of the skin with flakes of gold lightly dusted across the surface of my flesh. The halo burnt with dark crackling energy that alternated between red and gold electricity sparking across the surface. The wings held the color of storm grey clouds, and the feathers that were attached looked razor-sharp and Intimidating. I let out a low whistle of appreciation at sight and quickly cycled through the different genders equally impressed with the visuals of the race. The women were breathtaking and stunning and put to shame even the Divine Angel in terms of beauty, while the ambiguous trait was equally as attractive as both the male and female versions. The face held the softness of the female face while maintaining the male's severity. The muscles shrank and did not look as large or as menacing as the male did, but looked leaner and taunt.

I gave the body another appreciative glance. I quickly took off the template from my body. I promptly slid it away and was about to place it back in the forge before I remembered that I didn't read the description in my rush to try it on. I mentally kicked my self as I opened up the information.

Nephilim: A race once lauded as more potent than the Divine Angels and Divine Demons. The race started as offspring between couplings of the two, before eventually being hunted down to extinction from fear of their power. Strict laws were ultimately created by the leaders of the two divine races to stop their return, and these are only things that the angels and demons cooperate on.

Racial Traits: High Magical potential ( Grey Magic) High battle prowess.

I rolled my eyes and kicked my self again; good going dipshit, you created a race that was driven to extinction for a reason. I placed the template back into the forge and felt mentally drained. "This was going to be a long night," I told my self as I dropped back into the forge area to experiment with the Nephilim and Star borne templates.

Analyzing template... Analyzing template... Template created. Congratulations, you have created a new species. Species designation is now known as Celestial Nephilim. You have received a new title.

Title Received:

First of a species I: You have successfully meshed together two completely different species together to make a unique one. You have been given the status of progenitor and hold sole authority over the race you created.

Would you like to make a description for this new species, or would you like to wait?

"Wait," I told the System, and the message faded away only to be replaced another.

Would you like to save this template in your database for future use?

"Yes." I quickly gestured the screen away only for a final message to take its place.

Would you like to make this race public for other Administrators to use?

I shook my head and typed no into the text box. These are my species, and no one is going to mooch off of my hard work. I dismiss the screen and quickly went back into the creation menu and dropped my latest creation onto my body. The screen refreshed a few seconds later, and I felt my heart flutter in happiness at the sight of what I created.

My skin color switched to the inky darkness that the star borne had initially, but the flecks of light that were previous dim shone with a radiance of golden fire. My wings still numbered seven, but where the Nephilim had grey wings, this race had wings that held feathers, these ones were comprised of gasses that held the original shape. Upon closer inspection, the gasses reminded me of pictures that I saw growing up of space and the universe. Extending from the wings was a large cloud of gas that was leaking from the feathers, leaving behind a myriad of colors trailing behind them like the tail of a comet. The inky darkness kept switching between a deep vibrant black that seemed to curl and dance around the golden flecks of light to a blue that was as light as the oceans back on earth. My body held no exact definition and only had a vague outline of a humanoid shape. My face was almost perfectly round and in place of eyes sat two burning blue stars. The skin on my face lay smooth, and not even the crevice of a mouth was seen. I reached out a finger and gently pried apart where I guessed the mouth would be, and I was rewarded with a sight that reminded me of a black hole. I closed the lips and glanced up at the halo, which was clad in fire from the stars themselves. Red, blue, white, and then other colors appeared upon the flames that I had no clue even existed and started to orbit around each other in a patternless dance.

I smiled at my creation and felt accomplished at my work. After looking it over once more, I then decided to alter my form to become more cosmetically appealing. I dimmed the lights and sent small fluctuations of power through them to make them shine like faraway stars on a clear night sky. I adjusted the wings to make them seem more incorporeal and ribbon-like then before and floated backward, taking stock of my self. I nodded my head in approval before switching my eyes to something slightly more subdued. The brilliant blue in my eyes quietly faded into a deep purple. This is perfect, I thought to my self as I continued to make small changes to my body. Once my body was finished, a small gush of happiness welled up inside of me, and I quickly went about trying to form a cohesive plan for the future.

Alpha did tell me that humanity is under assault, so maybe I should come up with a pet project to assist me with this. The thoughts trailed off as my eyes met the forge panel, and I'm sure that if I had a body at this moment, I would have a wicked smile plastered across my face. I opened up the forge panel and created a blank slate and grabbed a 3D model of a quadruple helix D.N.A strand, and placed it in the center of the screen. I erased all the proteins that sat in the strand, leaving me with only the framework. "Now what if I inverse the structure and add in molecules that wouldn't typically be found in DNA," I mused quietly to my self as I tampered with the genetic coding. Thankfully the knowledge provided by geneticist title was a massive help in this. Otherwise, I would not have been able to even attempt this.

I let out an exasperated sigh as I failed again, and the DNA strand crumbled. Why did this have to be so hard? I slid the screen over and opened up the races tab and started scrolling through mindlessly trying to find some sort of inspiration for what I wanted to do. As I scrolled through the almost endless amount of races a thought dawned on me, I had no idea what I was even trying to make. I fingered the text box as my mind ran through the many options of what I could do. Maybe I could make a fungal race or even a parasitic race. My incorporeal mouth started to salivate at the prospect, and I quickly typed in the keywords and was immediately rewarded with a large number of different races. "Hey, system, is there any way we can narrow down this search a little more?" A single text bar appeared just before my eyes after I asked my question.

Would you like to use the advanced search function?

"Yes." A new set of search bars appeared, and I quickly typed in, rapidly adaptable, hivemind, and parasitic. The initially large number of races dropped down to only a handful, and I grabbed a copy of each one and threw it into the forge tab, not even bothering to read the different racial descriptions.

Once I swiped away the tab I was on, I went back to the forge and brought over a copy of each piece of DNA. Into the empty screen and proceeded to rotate and see how each function of DNA was different, and what proteins each used. In my little testing area, I had a vast amount of diverse DNA strands ranging from a single strand to the traditional double helix, to shapes that I never dreamed of existing. I realized while messing with the different DNA strands that I did not have the knowledge to mess with anything past a triple-helix strand, and quite possibly a quadruple helix strand if I actually focused. I brought everything closer and got to work.

After another set of innumerable failures, I finally received a beautiful collection of notifications from the system.

Congratulations, You have created a new race from nothing. Analyzing template... Analyzing template. Analyzing the complete template has been named The Ancient Ones. Title Received: Creator of Life. The template has been saved for future use. Would you like to create a description for this race?

"Yes," A new text box appeared before me with a small warning on the bottom of it.

Warning, This screen is viewable by any Administrator who comes into contact with race regardless if it is public or not. Will also be shown to any member of the race who has a high enough tier scrying ability. DO NOT give more information than necessary.

I acknowledged the warning as I began typing out a summary of the race without revealing too much.

From the depths of darkness rises a hunger that can't be contained. Fear for the end has arrived.

I quickly hit submit feeling rather proud of my self for that description of the race, right after another message appeared.

Would you like to make this race public?

I clicked on no. I couldn't risk for this race to fall into other Administrators' hands especially the ones who wished to harm humanity. After filling away some more the screens, I brought up one of the notifications for a new title that I had. 

Creator of Life I: You have created life out of nothing. You have been given the status of progenitor and hold sole authority over the race you created.

What is this progenitor status that keeps popping up? I click on the name, and a new text screen appeared where my finger was.

Progenitor Status- You are the father of a race. It does not apply to any race that may already exist that you did not have a direct hand in creating. Any race or species that are created by you will recognize you as their immediate creator and by all rights, will worship you and grants you all rights over their template. This status will transfer over if the user is slain by another, or the race is wiped out in totality, then the next user to discover the race will be granted this title.

I dismissed the notification and went back to my character screen. I quickly saved my Celestial template and pull it to the side, and out of curiosity, I dropped my newest addition onto my body, and the screen froze for a moment before revealing the monstrosity I have created.

My flesh turned a sickly green, and giant tentacles grew and dangled from my back and arms. Small specks of spores sprinkled from my flesh. My body looked nowhere near human even with the subspecies option toggled on nothing looked even remotely humanoid. No eyes existed on any part of the body, and tissue was continually falling off in doves only to be replaced by spores or fungus growths. A large amount of horror grew in the chest. I quickly changed off the template and replaced it with the celestial. What did I create? I raised a ghostly finger to where my mouth should be with the full intent to bite my nails in anxiousness before realizing I didn't have any. I mentally fought with my self for a few minutes before telling my self that Its for the good of humanity. I quickly took off the template, desperate to get off the monstrosity, and I changed it back to my Celestial. I quickly made sure to check over my body to make sure it was perfect as could be before clicking the confirm button.

A bright white light blinded me, and a new message appeared in my vision.

Race creation phase complete... Applying the template to the user's body... Template applied. The user is no longer designated fully human. The primary Designation is now DDA Celestial Nephilim, with a sub designation of human. Analyzing Kairos... Titles Removed... Favor of the System, Race, and Creation, and True Geneticist. Analyzing Kairos... Titles withheld due to gifted title... Budding Geneticist- Journeyman Geneticist. Moving onto the next phase, Class selection, and weapon creation.

After the message faded away, my vision whited out, and I felt the kiss of the sun on my face as my body collapsed. I took a deep breath in and felt the sand beneath my fingers, and I passed out while the sunlight held me in its tender embrace.

96