Chapter 13.2 Primal Age
2.2k 6 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord Link:https://discord.gg/CWDycd8


Location: Sangilla

"What's the situation with the Andromeda galaxy?" A monotonous machine voice spoke out into the void. A pair of blazing blue eyes shone in the darkness as the sole source of light.

"The galaxy has moved closer to us, and we have detected a few unidentified objects passing through some of the satellite galaxies around the Milky Way. The administrators on the outer rim have already retreated or are setting up defenses as we speak." A voice answered back in the same monotonous voice. The sole difference was that this voice held a faint trace of an Italian accent.

"Send a detachment of Monoliths to the outer sectors and a missive to the four chief Overseers. What's the sit-rep with the traitor forces?"

"No movement has been detected. All the rogue administrators are maintaining their current position, and Avalorn has been quiet." The large blue eyes nodded in response to the answer and dimmed for a moment.

"How many administrators awakened during the last cycle Gredaeus?"

"We had one hundred successful awakens and four unsuccessful. Out of that hundred, five defected to Avalorns forces shortly after being awakened." The glowing blue eyes flashed to a deep scarlet before dying down to a faint red.

"That is unacceptable." The eyes pulsed once more, and the red started to dim further before flickering to a dim blue. "However, it's also an unavoidable fact."

The room sent out a pulse, and the surroundings flickered into existence. Massive buildings rose into the upper reaches of the atmosphere and were scattered in small clusters as far as the eye could see. Their smaller cousins stood proudly next to them in the air and filled the landscape as far could see. Multi-story tall golden humanoid statues were kneeling intermittently between the various buildings. Some looked to the skies, while others stared down at the traffic.

Each statue was radiant gold in color and was sculpted to absolute perfection. The arms were large and muscular and looked as if they were crafted from stone. Some had blades for hands, while others had small knives coming out of the fingertips. The heads were oblong and faceless and came up into a curved halo that circled around their heads like horns.

The legs were sculpted in semblance to that of a human and radiated a faint light. Clothed on their back were flowing red capes that the wind was unable to shift. Decorated on the halos were sprawling wreaths of spring green olives leaves. The olive leafs painted the sides of the cape in a long, intricate pattern and ended at the gold trim that lined the bottom of the cape.

The buildings were a myriad of colors and materials. Some of them were thousands of stories tall and looked as if they belonged in a server room. Others were hundreds of story tall buildings comprised of glass planes, reflecting a large amount of traffic flowing in between the buildings.

The pair of blue eyes faded, and In its place, a form the size of an adult human appeared. It looked almost the same as the statues that were scattered throughout the city. Its cape was a royal violet color and fluttered in the wind gently. The halo came down closer to its head, and right on top sat a crown of olives leaves. It was clad in a form-fitting tunic that was painted red with gold trim. Its legs were the color of steel, and small circuits could be seen in the place of veins.

It's blazing blue eyes pierced the darkness, and each step it took echoed across the room until it came to a railing that overlooked the city.

"There is a war coming to us, Gredaeus. One I'm not sure of the outcome of." The form spoke with no visible lips, but the words could be heard loud and clearly.

"There is Lord Alpha. What do you wish to do?" A voice asked in turn from seemingly nothing.

"Have all of the monolithic varients put into commission, and send a missive to the war guilds. Tell them battle restrictions are lifted for the time being and have any planet destroyed in the aftermath requisitioned for materials."

"Your will be done, my lord," came to the only response. The wind shifted again, and Alpha leaned further onto the railing and gazed at the city below.

"Hopefully, with the war guilds can stimulate the economy enough to get new and innovate technologies, maybe some new races to even the playing field a bit." Alpha mused as he watched the traffic flow increase slightly, and some small strands of code flickered across his eyes.

"Well, your newest administrator has created a race from nothing and brought back the fallen angels." Alpha raised his eyebrows at the new knowledge.

"Bring me the species template for the new race, let's see what he is up to." A screen opened up in front of Alpha, and his eyes widened in surprise. "My my my. I wonder what Kairos's plan is. This is a genuinely terrifying race to behold. Let's sit back and see what is going to come." Alpha reset back on his heels and spun around and marched back into the darkness. His cape fluttered in the wind as the darkness consumed him. His final words could be heard faintly on the wind, "Hopefully, we can fight off the darkness that's coming."

58