Chapter 17 Primal Age
1.8k 9 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I materialized an ottoman and kicked my feet up as I brought a copy of the market place up. "So what should I buy? I don't plan on buying anything too huge. Just enough to give my races variety." Helios shifted in his chair and brought up his own set of menus. 

 "Well, I recommend expanding on what you do have and possibly adding in a few more magical systems based around swords, bows, and possibly familiars. Magic tends to get overwhelmingly powerful. So you need to give others a way to fight it." I nodded my head as I brought up the search menu.

Welcome to the Sangilla market place!

 I kept tapping away at the search bar, trying to think of the different options at my disposal.  I was working with six hundred and twenty-five creations points, and I wanted to spend most of it on my control room to get it ready for when I fall out of the protection period. I thought back to the conversation Helios and I had regarding the direction I wanted to head. So I typed in Familiar Summoning into the search bar, and multiple options came up.

Familiar Starters pack- This bundle gives access to the familiar summoning magic system. Includes a few summon variants as well, based on your current monster packages, and a few unique familiars as well. This system can be customized for maximum freedom. (Still bound by rules set in place by the current galactic overseer) Prerequisite for all familiar summoning systems.

 Cost:50

 

The Deluxe Elemental Pack- Gives life-based on the current known periodic table, also elements of the classical/spiritual/mystical, and sub-elemental variety. All count as summons, and has a percentage chance to appear based on level, personality, magical affinity, and other familiar systems in place. 

Cost:300

 

 Magical Beast Pack- Gives a variety of magical beast that can be summoned. Includes, Phoenixes, Drakes, Wyverns, and more. Summons based on personality, level, magical affinity, and the other familiar systems in place.

 Cost: 100

 

I read through the options. I needed the familiar starter package so I can implement the system into my world. So I went ahead and confirmed the purchase. I bounced between the monster package and the elemental package. Both were rather expensive, but I felt like I could get more bang for my buck with the elemental one, so I took it. I sent the screen away and went back to the search bar. Now I needed to find a weapon system to buff out my sword-wielding and bow-wielding species.

Basic Weapon Martial Arts: Grants basic weapon magic, this is not a catch-all and will require more advanced packages based on the magic present on your world.

Cost:50 

Path of the Sword: Grants advanced forms of sword magic. It contains multiple weapon styles for most types of melee weapons.

Cost 75

Path of the Gunslinger: Gives kinetic and ballistic weapons magical properties. 

Cost:60

Pathfinder: Gives bows and crossbow more advanced magical properties. 

Cost:50

 

I read through the list and let out a sigh. I'm trying to save money so I can upgrade my control room. I bought the Basic Martial Arts Package and then the Path of the Sword bundle right after since I had a feeling that most of the fighting on Ouradia was going to occur with the sword, So I was not entirely bothered by not getting the Pathfinder package with that line of thought and I definitely did not want to get the gunslinger package if I didn't have a use for it yet.

 I closed down the menu and checked how many creation points I had leftover. I had two hundred fifty points left from my small shopping spree. I could work with this for my control room. 

"Where those good choices Helios?" I asked as I set the menu to the side and brought up my control menu. 

 "They were good picks. The Deluxe Elemental package was a rather new addition, but it seems viable enough to use." 

 "Good." I brought up my menu and purchased the organic assimilator package and purchased it. The control room shook, and a hole opened up across from revealing the eternal depths of space before the walls turned into liquid and flooded out into the depths of space. The liquid formed the skeletal structure of the walls, and small wires built large interconnecting structures that lead to a strange-looking machine that was only half completed. The liquid metal rushed over to it and started to fill in the empty spots, and it began to take form. I stood up and walked over to the still-forming room with Helios close behind me.

 A walkway formed from the entrance of the room and lead to a large circular platform under the machine. The machine itself had four solid legs that sat equidistant from each other in a large arch, and were flawless and shone with a radiant silver allure. They lead up to a seamless grey rectangular box that had a single glowing red eye that stared down at the platform below.

  Eventually, the liquid stopped rushing into the room, and everything solidified, leaving the machine, which turned on with a soft metallic click. A small light appeared on the device in the direction that we were facing, and a screen appeared in front of me. 

 

Welcome to the Organic Assimilator Administrator. Analyzing current paths of power.... Analyzation complete. 

Gods that can be created 0/4

Saved avatar templates: 0/3

Please increase your Administrator level to increase the number of gods you can have, 

 "So, my level affects how many deities I can have at any given time?" I asked as I walked in a circle around the machine. The dark purple screen followed me every step as I looked over the beautiful craftsmanship of the device. 

 "Correct. You can use this machine to create other things as well, based on what you choose for your remaining paths of power. For example, If you choose the Path of the Monster, you could create several monsters that would be comparable in strength to a god." I nodded my head and completed my walk-around of the machine and stepped back next to Helios in front of the doorway. 

 "Are there any major drawbacks of the Path of the Monster? It does seem rather interesting." I mused as I brought a copy of the menu back up. 

Path of Godhood*

Path of the Monster

Path of the General

Way of the Warlord

Path of the Leader

Way of the Technosaint

Path of the Eternal Dancer

Path of the Arch Magus

Path of the Assassin

Path of the Guardian

*Note: The user can only select three paths to follow. Once selected, they can not be changed unless the user receives a promotion of at least that of a 3B Administrator.

 Helios nodded his head, "As with all paths of power, they give potent bonuses, but they all have drawbacks. The Path of the Monster gives you significant bonuses based on which monster you choose, but you have to become that monster and have to work your way up the monster ranks. For example, if you select the Orc rase, you will start as the lowest variant, which would be a goblin, and you have to evolve to gain strength, and you have to continually change to keep getting stronger and stronger bonuses in turn. 

 I nodded my head as I looked over the options, "What about the paths of the General, Warlord, and Leader?" 

 "The General offers bonuses on war and politics with other Administrators. The Warlord offers only war bonuses, and the Leader only gives politic bonuses." He explained to me as I mentally crossed those three off of my list. I had no interest in waging pointless war with the other Administrators, only as a last resort, or if I got invaded. I also planned on mostly sticking to my self, so politics was a wasted trait on me as well. 

"So what does politics effects on the grand scheme of things along with war bonuses?" I asked him as I quickly scrolled through my menus checking out other stuff. 

 "Politics and war bonuses affect how you stand with other administrators and how you interact with them. War bonuses specifically allow for war and defense and innate racial passives that can be applied to any specific race you wish. It's mostly for Administrators that want to live a life of politics or turn their path into one based on war." I nodded my head. 

 "So really it's a utility-based path than an actual character-based one or even one that applies directly to my worlds?" 

"Correct," Came as his only reply. 

 "So with that being said, I can safely assume that the Arch Magus involved magical bonuses, so Im not worried about that. But what about the path of the Eternal Dancer, and the Technosaint?"

 "The Eternal Dancer acts as a class synergy. It just buffs your class up a bit. As much as it is a boon, it also serves as a trap for new Administrators. It will give you class expansion powers but at the cost of broader utility and bonuses that the other paths can give to you. The Technosaint revolves around bonuses to technology and typically creates religions based around the tech. It comes in handy for races that lean more towards a technological affinity then magical. The same goes for the Arch Magus. It gives bonuses to magical affinity rather than tech." 

 I nodded my head and crossed off the Path of the Eternal Dancer, and Technosaint. One was a boon that Helios told me was a trap, and the second because I don't think it would have fit with the path I wanted to take. "Alright, so Im guessing that Assassin is based around killing, and Guardian is based around protection, right?" I asked as I started to think about what paths I wanted to take now that I had a better understanding of them. 

 "The Assassin path serves as a way to kill off Administrators while the Guardian path serves as a bastion of hope and defense. Both are really strong if done correctly." I let out a frustrated sigh, and I crossed those two off of my list. They seemed reasonable enough, but I wasn't sure of what path I wanted to take yet. 

 "Is there a way to gain another Path of Power? Instead of just having to choose from these ones?" I asked him as I locked in the Path of the Monster. This one seemed like it would be rather fun to take. I wonder what I could accomplish as a monster and the bonuses I could get from it.

 "You can periodically gain new paths based on the choices you make or packages you buy." He tilted his head for a second, and his eyes glazed over. A second later, he straightened his head, "In the Deluxe Elemental package, there are a handful of paths of power you can check out, though I'm not quite sure yet what they are." 

 "Ohh, I want to check them out. I want to make a really good choice as my last path since I chose the Monster as my second." I opened up my inventory and selected the Elemental package, and hundreds of options of elementals appeared as a list on my screen. I let out a low, appreciative whistle as the sight and I saw a small notification appear on my HUD that I clicked on. 

Paths of Power have been updated based on the user.  

Path of the Elemental 

Path of Endless Fire 

Path of the Eternal Blizzard 

Path of the Ash Walker 

Path of the Oblivion Remnant

Path of the Steel Bender 

Path of the Electric Avatar 

Path of the Radiated Elemental 

 

49