Chapter 25 Age of Preparation
1.4k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Would you guys like to have a Q&A?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

Sangilla

Alpha stood quietly, overlooking one of his largest cities. Vehicles flew through the air as traffic started to fill up the sky, and a large number of beings began to flood the ground in their daily commute. As he watched them, everything started to slow down and came to a grinding halt. Everything froze mid-motion, and Alpha dropped his head, and his shoulders slumped as an audible machine-like sigh escaped from his frame.

The surrounding area began to grow darker, and a tangible sense of dread began to fill the room. "Long time no see old friend." A deep voice rang out across the room, causing everything to shudder slightly. Alpha's eyes turned a faint shade of yellow, and he picked his head up.

"What do I owe this unexpected visit, Watcher?" He asked, his voice sounded weak and frail in comparison to this other beings' voice.

"It appears an Administrator in your galaxy has not only chosen the path of the Oblivion Remnant but has also chosen the Path of Godhood regarding it." The Watcher's voice echoed around the room, and a set of scarlet red eyes peeked out from the darkness.

"Ahh, yes, it would appear so. He is a newly awakened Administrator and is trying to find his way." Alpha replied as he quietly gazed out to his now frozen city.

The Watcher poured out of the darkness and stood up. Infinitely dark shadows poured off of its frame and dripped onto the floor like a thick viscous liquid before fading away. Its form was hidden by the darkness that slowly extended outwards with every step it took, with only its piercing red eyes visible. "I see that. You know that I take anything involving Oblivion seriously. I will not let this universe be consumed once more." The Watchers' voice grew deeper as it took another step forward before coming to a stop next to Alpha.

"I am well aware, but I also have faith in Kairos to do well and be able to control it. I have a feeling one day he may hold mastery over Oblivion that is much like your own."

The Watcher gazed out into the city as darkness slowly started to form in the sky and slither across it. "That would be nice. For far too long have I kept Oblivion at bay on my own. Maybe I shall take him as a champion, or allow him to create his own universe. That is if Oblivion doesn't consume him first."

Alpha turned his head and looked over at The Watcher, and his yellow eyes grew darker. "And if he fails?"

"Then, I kill him and purge his existence from my universe. Either he lives, or he dies, it matters not to me in the end." The Watcher visibly shrugged and turned. "I figured since I was in the area, it would be kind of me to drop by and announce my presence to the owner of the galaxy."

Alpha nodded his head and turned to it. "I appreciate that, thank you, Watcher." Alpha gave him a bow, and The Watcher turned back as he reached the shadows.

"I will not be interfering in anything while I am here, I'm just here to observe and shut down some Oblivion incursions in the area. If you need anything, just let me know." With those words, it faded away, and time sped up once more, and the darkness disappeared. Alpha let out an audible sigh of relief as straightened himself back up.

"I really hate it when it comes here," Alpha muttered under his breath and walked back over to his window to observe his planet once more.

 

Location: Unknown

 

"My lord, one of our informants in the Breath of Creation, has reported that one of the newer members may have the Nephilim template and also has a unique species template as well." A well-dressed elf dropped to his knees and dropped his head before an elf that wore a golden robe and had a burnt and disfigured face.

"What other information do we have of this Administrator?" The robe-clad elf asked. His voice was raspy and tortured.

"His name is Kairos the Silent Overseer. He is still in his protection period, so we can't attack him yet. Other than that, he has a few registered unique templates that can't be accessed, which tells us that he has a few species that we have never encountered before." The well-dressed elf told the other.

"Hmm, we need to be careful on how to approach this. Chances are that Malik already knows that we have a spy planted there. Take your time and uncover what we can about this Kairos, and then we can reconvene at a later date. Thank you, Aegnor." The robed elf dismissed him with a wave and started to walk back his throne.

"It is my pleasure, lord Alywin." He replied as he stood up and bowed once more before leaving.

 

42