Chapter 31 Age of Preperation
1.4k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*clears throat. Praise Steve. 


 

I peeked my head out of my room and glanced down the dimly lit hall. The morning sun did little to illuminate the hallway. Instead, a line of candles cast a warm glow over the stone walls. I made sure my weapons were tucked under my bed. I could teleport them if I needed to, but I felt better knowing they were in arms reach. After adjusting my bed, I walked into the hallways and quietly closed the door.

So my first class was in an hour at the opposite end of the academy. So I would need to find someone to take me there. I walked into the lounge and saw a few others talking amongst themselves while others groggily poured into the room wearing disheveled robes and had a bad case of bed head. I ran my fingers through my hair and reached into a small pocket on my pants that held my twine. I grabbed it and attempted to put my hair up into semblance and let a small smile cross my lips as I succeeded.

I patted down my tunic and grabbed my scroll that had my schedule on it. I had my magic class first, but the issue was that I didn't know how to get there. I glanced around the room and saw that the guy from yesterday was sitting on a couch.

I threw my hair over my shoulder and walked over to him and put on a large smile. There was no reason why I couldn't use his lust to my advantage, right? I walked over to the man who was currently wearing a clean brown robe.

He saw me approach, and he flashed me a small smile with his perfect teeth. "Hello there."

I smiled back in return and extended my hand out in greetings. "Hey, my name is Nia. I am new here and was wondering if you could show me around."

"My name is Cato. I would be glad to show you around the academy. It must be daunting for a newcomer." He glanced at my hand, strangely for a second before extending his hand out and taking mine.

"It is. Thank you for your help, Cato." He flashed me another smile and stood up. Cato had long blonde hair and hazel colored eyes that glittered softly in the ambient light of the room.

"What's your first class, we can go ahead and head over in that direction, and I'll show you the key places you need to know. At least for now, since classes are about to start and I want to grab some food beforehand."

I shrugged. "Sure sounds like a plan." Cato straightened out his robe and made a gesture to follow him as he started to head out of the room.

As we walked together, he pointed out the various rooms throughout the academy. From what I was told of the academy, They had ties with most forms of magic that existed on Ouradia. The only one that hasn't been discovered yet was my multidimensional magic, which, in itself, was not surprising. After all, it was a topic that was only vaguely known on earth. So I doubt any of them here will find out about it for quite a while.

After quite a while of Cato showing me around and flirting with me, it was finally time to start classes. He walked me to my first class of the day and told me he would find me when it was time to head to the next class. After bidding our farewells, I wandered into the class and took a seat in the far corner and thought about him for a moment.

Maybe if I were a human, it would be fun to see what it was like to date a guy. He didn't seem so bad. But in the end, I shrugged the thought away. It wouldn't be worth it. At least for now. After all, his life span would pass me in a blink of an eye. If I didn't have the threat of an impending invasion looming over my head, it would be fun to settle down with one of the mortal species, at least for a time. But was that something that I would want to do? What about Aphelia? I let dozens of questions race through my mind as I waited for the instructor to arrive, and my first day of classes to start.

I closed the door to my room and sat on my bed. The first day of classes was finally done, and I was insanely bored. The only fun part of the day was when the instructor taught us how to manipulate magic. Though I felt bad cause I couldn't remember his name. I closed my eyes and felt the mana course through me, and I grasped on to a few strands and brought small tendrils of mana out from my flesh and into the air.

I didn't need to close my eyes to do this, but I want to focus on how the mana felt. I wanted to feel each pulse of energy. The mana eventually formed above my fingertips. Small strands of silver mana formed an intricate web between my fingers. This was mana in its purest unrefined form—just a collection of pure energy at my beck and call. After playing with the mana for a few moments, a notification appeared on my screen.

You have learned basic mana manipulation

.

I dismissed the notification. That was good; it was another skill I could add to my reservoir. I pulled off my newly acquired mages robe and folded it up. With my classes being done for the weekend, I want to visit the control room for a bit and see what everyone was doing. Since the Ouradia week had nine days in it, they gave students three of them off, so that's about three hours in the control room.

I should probably make it seem like I left, so no one asks any questions. I grabbed my blades and teleported them up to my observation room, but kept my robe close.

I tidied up my room a bit before I left. After I left my room, I walked through the lounge with my robe in hand. As I walked through the lobby, I saw that Cato's eyes watched me, and he quickly made a move to follow me, but I turned the corner. After glancing around to make sure no one was nearby or could see me, I teleported to the control room and directly into my room.

The second I appeared in my room, I collapsed onto my bed with a sigh. I didn't mind learning magic and whatnot from my species, but it was boring. I relaxed on my bed for a few more minutes before I stood up. I glanced over at the mirror that sat on the far wall and looked over my human host. I enjoyed being human again, so I think I'll stick with this for a while longer.

I placed my robe on my bed and quickly exited my room. I wanted to see what my deities were working on since I have been gone, granted that it's only been a few hours since I have left. Due to time dilation, I could spend a few hours up here and be back in time for the classes.

Since I was up here, I could check in with Inovia and Ferrarius to see how they are doing and if they need anything. I pressed the button next to my door, and it whirled open, and I walked into the hallway. I brought up the control room map, glanced around, and saw that there were a few new additions and a designated entrance. I teleported to the hall of the gods since it was the closest area.

I appeared in the area with a flash and walked over to the large wooden double doors that oversaw the throne room. I pushed them open with great effort and revealed a smaller lobby that was bustling with activity. In the middle of it, all was Inovia, who was issuing orders.

The lobby itself was smaller than the throne room, but it looked like it came straight out of a military base. Small defensive areas dotted the room, and skeletons walked around and were in the middle of constructing additional defensives.

"Inovia, what's going on?" I asked her as I walked through the lobby.

"Lord Overseer, welcome. I am currently putting together a defensive area in preparation for war." She told me as she turned sharply to glance at me. She looked me over, and her face remained impassive as she spoke once more. "I rather like this form. It's pleasing to look at."

"Are you trying to say that my real form is ugly, Inovia?" I asked her as I stood next to her to overlook her preparations.

She shook her head ever so slightly, "No, I never said that Lord Overseer. I am merely stating that I prefer this form. I enjoy a more feminine physique than anything else."

I felt my lips form an O as what she said finally hit home. I won't press her about it, though. I cleared my throat and started to speak. "So anyways, Will this room be openly available?"

"No, this room will be hidden until the control room is forced to come down in an invasion. So if any of us were to invite a mortal here, they wouldn't see anything."

Good, I didn't want any form of plans being leaked. "So, Inovia. Who are the people here? I see some skeletons mixed in with the various races of Ouradia." She shifted for a moment and crossed her arms over her chest. She was wearing an outfit that reminded me of something a musketeer would wear. The outfit was a light shade of blue. On her chest was a set of buttons that stretched out and pulled her cloak close to her body. The fabric on her arms was tucked into a pair of white gloves that went all the way up to her elbow and matched the top part of her cape. " The skeletons and the zombie-like creatures you are seeing are the Nazghouls. They are fantastic warriors, and I plan on utilizing them to their fullest, especially when their template is completed."

"Wait, what do you mean their template isn't completed?" I asked her, my curiosity immediately spiked at her remark.

"Helios said that they lacked a vital piece of their template, so they are only part of a species." She quietly replied as she watched the people work.

I thought about the implications of that and decided to ask Helios later about it. "On a different note, who are they?"

"They are just spawned beings. Some of them are demigods who only exist to defend the control room. Others are exalted warriors from Ouradia's past. Just whoever suits my needs." She replied as she brought her screen up to look at some stuff.

"Anyway, thanks for the chat Inovia. You have given me some stuff to think over." She glanced over from her screen and looked me over with her piercing cyan eyes.

"Anytime lord Overseer." She replied and turned back to her screen. With that, I teleported to the Organic Assimilator room. It was time I built my first monster.

I settled into my makeshift chair after appearing and brought up the menu. I remember reading that monsters had a different form of scaling then administrators did, but I better check with Helios before I did anything reckless.

"Hey Helios, I have some questions," I called out, and I glanced over and saw his form appear from a small portal.

"Yes, liege?" He called out and settled into his chair. He adjusted his purple robe.

"I am creating my monsters now, but I have some questions before I make them."

"Fair enough, what would you like to know?"

"Well, how do they scale? I feel like I forgot how they did."

He shrugged his shoulders and settled into his seat. "Fair enough. Monsters scale based on how much they consume and evolve. So let's take an earthworm, right? If the worm survives and manages to get stronger, it could potentially grow into something that surpasses the imagination in strength. The possibilities are endless."

I nodded my head as I followed along, "Alright, well, what are the downsides?"

I could see Helios visibly think it over as his eyebrows scrunched together. "Well. If they die outside of an Administrator war, then they are permanently dead and can't be respawned, much like your deities. Also, again they have to kill and devour others to grow stronger. So there is no guarantee on how strong they may be in a war."

I listened along and thought about my choices. So they can become powerful but ,it's not a sure thing. I can work with that, I guess. I made a quick gesture towards the screen on the machine, which opened up my monster creation tab. It was time to start creating once more. Now, what should I make first?

40