Chapter 32 Age of Preparation
1.3k 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat there and stared at my screen for a few minutes. What would a good first choice be? Did I want to be cliche and choose something that anyone would if they had the chance? Yes, I think I will be for the first one. I expanded the monster list a bit and searched through what I could make. From the looks of it, I could only do something that I had access to or existed in my inventory.

I broke apart each monster type based on whichever species they came with and organized it a little better. Now that I did that, I needed to decide on what I want.

I crossed my legs and rested my arm on the side of my chair. I then propped my arm up and rested my head in my hand as I thought over my choices. I strummed my fingers across the armrest as I drew a blank. Orcs? No, I felt like they were to cliche, same with everything else on the list.

I let out a frustrated groan and went through the list again. What did the cliches even matter? But since I am so indecisive over this, I want to start with something specific, unique even. I glanced through the list once more and saw the Celestial Nephilim monster list.

This was interesting, and most unique out of the batch since my race was extremely new. I scrolled through, and I narrowed my choices down to just two. Star Eater and Celestial Dragon. "Helios, can I make personality templates for the monsters as I did for my deities?"

He shook his head. "No, they are randomly assigned a personality. But since they are considered sapient monsters, they can be issued a class, if you so desire."

I bobbed my head as I listened along. But then another question popped into my head. "So, if I can't code a personality into them, then that means I can't make them inherently loyal to me."

"That would be correct, my liege." He replied as he sat down in the chair next to me. Well, that was great. That would mean that I would need to be careful; otherwise, I would have an angry monster running around destroying things that I created.

"So, what do you know about the celestial dragon, and the star eater Helios?"

"Well, since they are new creations, there isn't really much to talk about. The celestial dragon has stats that lean more towards a caster but still has formidable physical stats. The star eater is almost entirely metaphysical in nature, and relies solely on magic." He replied after a moment of silence.

I pondered the thought for a second, "Alright, well, a star eater sounds kind of terrifying, and I don't think I want to create something that I have no clue about, So I think I will start with a dragon for now."

Helios shrugged, "That is a solid choice. Dragons scale indefinitely, so if you play your cards right, you will have a formidable ally, much like Aphelia."

I let out an evil cackle as I selected the dragon template for the monster. I couldn't wait to see what I could do with this. Instead of the three-dimensional template that appeared with the gods, this one was just a class selector if I chose to give it one, along with a naming bar. Also along the sides were dozens of potential futures the dragon could take along with its possible appearance.

Some of the dragons were much like my species with the coloring of their scales. Some looked like they were the living embodiment of the night sky. Others were a radiant orange like a beautiful sunrise. Each variation seemed unique, but they all lacked a name or overall stats. Well, almost all of them other than the basic template.

"Helios, why don't they have names yet?" I asked him as I selected the base template, which was the only one available to me.

"None of them exist yet. The system only knows what they look like, not what they are named, or anything else regarding them until they are birthed."

I ran a finger across my lip as I tried to think about a class for the dragon while trying to process the new information. "I see. Well, I am curious as to what will come to be." I replied to him and shifted in my seat.

Now, what class shall I make this dragon? I glanced over the hundreds of pictures and looked over the myriad of differences that each one had. Did I want to give it a star-related class? A dragon that had mastery over the stars and bends them to its will or even a black hole.

I began to salivate at the growing list of possibilities. But I quickly reined myself back in. Each time I rush into things without thinking about it, I screw myself later down the line.

As my eyes traveled through the pictures, I saw a dragon that had gaseous wisps flowing from its body. It had a faraway look in its eyes, and the very air around it seemed to be warped by its sheer power. Even the blue star in the distance of the picture was being shredded and funneled around the dragon's impressive form. The whole scene looked like it belonged in a dream.

Wait, a dream? That seems like a fun concept to try and turn into a class, but what could I accomplish with a dream based class? "Helios, can you give me some ideas for a class involving the use of dreams, or sleep, or even both?"

"Class wise? I am not too sure. It's not really an explored field, but what we can do is purchase the magic pack, and give the dragon the affinity, and see what it comes up with. After all, it will still have its primary cosmic magic affinity along with dream magic."

"That's a good idea, can you purchase the dream magic package? I'll install it on Ouradia, and then ill give the dragon the affinity."

Helios made a quick motion with his hand, and after a few seconds, a notification appeared on my screen, telling me that I unlocked the dream magic package. I installed it onto Ouradia and then gave the basic template I was working with a copy of it as well. Once that was done, I hovered over the name bar. Now, what was I going to name this little guy? I glanced over the settings and changed their gender to a female. There, now, what should I call this girl?

I thought over a few names I made for characters in some of the games I played on earth before I died. I think I want to go with an X name this time. Xlya? No, that one didn't seem to fit. I felt my face scrunch up as I put some serious thought into it, and then it finally struck me. Xxylennia. I like how that one sounded. So I quickly typed it in and confirmed the choice. The machine lit up for a second and created a decently sized egg underneath it.

This egg was about the size of a small chair that I would see a child use and had the night sky painted across the outer shell. Every few seconds, the shell would pulse, and the little specks of light would become brighter before fading away again. I was slightly disappointed that it didn't come out alive, but I will take what I can get. I stood up and walked down the small flight of stairs and towards the egg.

Once I got to it, I picked it up and noticed that it was rather cold to the touch. I think I will take this egg with me and keep it warm; maybe this way, I can start building a relationship with her and not have her hate me when she is all grown.

I picked up the egg, carried it back over to set it in my lap, and wrapped my arms tightly around it. After I got comfortable again and positioned the egg so I could still use my screen, I pulled back up. I had to figure out my second monster. But what would I want for my second one?

I scrolled back through the list of monsters and went through the human list. These were monsters that I knew, or at least think I know. There were the typical werewolf, vampire, zombie monsters, but maybe simple was the best route.

But maybe before that, I needed to decide on what monster I wanted to become. I quickly looked through the list and typed in cosmic specter. I remember seeing this option when I was looking over the racial traits a little bit ago.

After reading over the list, I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't a full addition but only added in a few evolutionary paths to the Ethereal monster line, which held a fair amount of my interest as well. I backed out of a few pages and went over to it to take a better look at it.

The Ethereal monster path was that of souls. The ghost of the dead coming back from the afterlife. There were hundreds of different monster variations that all stemmed from the basic template, which was that of a wisp. I think I want to start with the Ethereal monster tree and go from there. I really do enjoy the concept of ghosts and whatnot. But now that I decided that I need to decide on what I am going to make.

I did not want to have too many monsters of the same kind, and I liked having a diverse amount to choose from, it made me feel a little safer. But I want to settle with a monster from the human race templates.

I glanced through the various monster trees trying to find the best options. The zombies started off as a basic shambler but could evolve into so many different things that I couldn't even scroll up to look at the final evolution. But the zombie tree line, which also branched into the skeleton tree, had a few glaring weaknesses.

Since they were unsanctified undead, whatever that means, they were weak to light and holy magic, which in itself is not too bad. But considering what I know about administration politics, my most prevalent opponent will be High Elfs, which were masters in light magic. So while they might be able to grow stronger over time, that would be too far away to matter now.

The next option was the werewolves, which didn't intrigue me in the slightest. I was never a fan of them on earth. They looked like a decent pick with just as many evolutionary branches at the zombies had. They had an innate weakness to silver though that seemed to spread to all evolutions no matter how far I Scrolled up on the list.

The next big group was vampires, which at least on this evolutionary tree, seemed to be somewhat interesting. All of the evolutions started off as a bat, other then thralls, which was interesting. The vampires also lost their weakness to light and holy magic pretty early in, at least on the tree. So after a few moments of deliberation, I selected the vampire option and locked it in. I only chose them because they seemed like they would be fun, and because of their practicality. They were effectively immortal, which means that if mine didn't die due to natural causes, I would never have to worry about making another one again.

Now what to name him? What was a cool vampire name other than Dracula or Alucard, which was just Dracula spelled in reverse. I wanted to stay away from other cliche names like Stefan or Damien. I wanted something unique to him. I shifted in my seat once more and adjusted the egg that was sitting on my lap.

What were some of the names that I named my male characters in video games? Now that I think about it, I played very little in the way of male characters. Balghor? No, that sounded too dark and heavy to be a vampire. I wanted something elegant as a name, something to befit a true vampire. Eventually, I landed on the name Quinn. It was short and sweet, and I liked the way it rolled off of my tongue.

I typed it in, and the machine turned on with a whir and a small brown bat formed in the air. It fluttered in the air after it formed and looked around the room with little beady red eyes. It fluttered over to me to sniff me, and I reached out tentatively and gave it a soft pat on the head. "Hey, little guy, my name is Kairos."

It tilted its head, and I gave it one finally pat before I waved my hand and teleported it to a side of Ouradia that was shrouded in darkness. Hopefully, the little guy makes it. I wrapped my arms a little tighter around the egg, as I attempted to use my body heat to keep it warm. I still have a few hours left before I need to get back down to the planet. Which means I can look into my Oblivion domain, and talk to Helios about a few other key things I have questions about.

41