Chapter 34 Age of Preparation
1.3k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eros stood up as the light around him faded away. He opened his eyes and scanned the room. As soon as they landed on Helios, a disgusted snarl appeared on his face. "Filthy Angel."

Helios gazed down at him from his seat. "I can say the same to you, vile demon," Helios replied with a voice full of disdain.

Feeling the tension in the room grow, I spoke up. "Now now, children. You can hate each other later. We have much to discuss. First, welcome to Ouradia Eros." I told him as I tried to diffuse the situation a bit.

Eros tore his gaze from Helios and glanced at me. "My, I didn't realize the Administrator would be so beautiful."

I gave him a blank stare in return. Did he think that he could try and be smooth with me? "Thank you, Eros, though I am sad to say this is not my true form," I replied to him and crossed my arms.

"I see. Well then. What is it we need to talk about?" He asked me as I swept my white hair back.

" I am trying to bring together the Demons and the Angels. I want to see them unified before the protection period for Ouradia is up." I explained to him as I created a chair in front of me and gestured for him to take a seat.

Eros quickly complied and walked up the stairs, elegantly. Since I forgot to set clothing on him, the system gave him a deep red cloak with red trim that hung down to his knees. It flowed around him with each step he took and gave him a menacing appearance with his black raven wings. He took a seat across from Helios and I and patiently waited for me to speak.

"So why do I need to help unite the Angels and the Demons? We have a genetic disposition to hate each other." Eros told me as I tried to formulate my plans into words.

"Because in a cycle, Ouradia loses its protection period and we do not have a barrier world to help stave off attacks. It would be greatly beneficial to us all to be united in some way." I explained to him once more, though I was starting to get irritated at having to repeat myself.

"I don't see how that is my problem. I don't have to help those pompous angels." He replied with an aristocratic tone and upturned his nose at me.

I felt a flash of anger course through me, and I clenched my hands, and a loud crack echoed throughout the room as the arms of the metal throne were snapped in half. How dare this demon question me, and threaten to destroy everything that I was working on. After a few seconds, I managed to calm myself.

"Eros. It would behoove you never speak like that again. That is an order. You are to help your brother in uniting yours and his kind under one banner. Is that clear?" As I spoke, I noticed that my voice took on a sickly sweet tone, and judging by the look on Eros' face, he knew he screwed up.

"Yes my lord. Please forgive me." He spoke quietly and stood up and bowed before me.

"All is forgiven. Helios, please show Eros around, and please play nice. I'll send you and Eros a written plan, and we can discuss it after Eros learns his way around." I told him as I brought up my screen and quickly typed in my plan.

"Yes, Lord Kairos. I will get on that right away." Helios' words were clipped and lacked his usual teasing tone. I had a feeling making a Demon would kind of ruin the peace around here, but it is alright. It was going to happen one way or another.

The two quickly exited the chamber, and I typed away wrapping up my plan for the Angels and Demons. I added Inovia into the list of people to send this to since she was my war goddess, after all. After reading over the plan's basics, I sent it to three deities and settled into the chair. My eyes wandered over to the clock. I spent two hours here, which means that I had about an hour left before I needed to go back. I did have more than an hour, but I wanted to go explore the city a bit and get a feel for my races.

But since I was up here, I might as well look into my choice of Oblivion as a Path of Power. I went down the rabbit hole of links as I mindlessly searched through the various paths of power, and I bookmarked the ones relevant to myself. I eventually came across it after searching for a while.

The Basics of being a God of Oblivion

This is an unconventional path and domain amongst Administrators but is extremely hard to master. The only way to unlock the God of Oblivion is to initially have the Path of the Oblivion Remnant as an original path of power.

Upon activating the Oblivion domain, the Administrator will lose a Path of Power slot, but will potentially gain a large amount of power. Becoming an Oblivion deity has many perks, and just as many cons but is widely considered a better choice than merely just walking the Path of Oblivion.

The Administrator will slowly become immune to the corrupting influence of Oblivion and will not succumb to the Elementals will. This is widely considered one of the biggest boons of taking this domain however there is a significant drawback.

Once the user becomes utterly immune to the corrupting influence of Oblivion, they will attract attention to themselves by the entity. While the entity will seldom attack an Administrator outright* it will open rifts and send in minions to try and bring the planet and surrounding space back into its fold, and kill the user.

Attacks are random, sporadic, and utterly unpredictable unless the user has the Voidling race package active. But the user is also not guaranteed to be attacked by the entity.

The Oblivion domain will ultimately allow an Administrator to create a universe if they so desire, but the power and strength required to achieve this are nigh-impossible to get.

Overall this Path of Power is rated as a high A into S tier on the Path of Power tier list. If you would like more information, please consult your system companion.

*Will only attack an Administrator if the universe is on the verge of collapse due to Oblivion influence.

I read over the page and was moderately surprised at what I saw. At least I don't have to worry about being consumed by my elemental, but I have to worry about rifts opening around my planets—just another thing to add my to-do list. I strummed my fingers along the arms of my chairs as I glanced at the clock. I still had a little time and a few god slots to fill up.

I brought the god creation menu up and thought over my choices. I want to make a Nazghoul, but I want to check out the template and see what I can do to complete it. So I will set that though to the side. But it will be the next god I make. Now I know I should probably cut down on the number of gods I make, but I am far behind, and I need all the advantages I can get. My biggest issue is going to be giving attention to all my kids, er gods I mean.

I groaned and pinched my nose as I stared at the screen. I have so much I need to keep track of now. I need to start watching Steve and make sure he doesn't burn down a kingdom out of boredom. I need to keep a watch now on Eros and Helios and make sure they don't kill each other. Inovia is fine. I know she won't do anything stupid. Ferrarus was programmed from the start to only care about blacksmithing, so as long as I stop in now and then and give him some metal ores, he should be fine.

My biggest concern at the moment was going to be Nemesis. She was designed to be a ball of righteous fury, though she has thankfully seemed to be rather tame at the moment. At least, I haven't heard anything about her going on a rampage or anything lately though I wouldn't be surprised if she did do something. After I make these next two gods, I am going to be done for a while unless something comes up. I don't have the patience to take care of many more kids.

Upon thinking that thought, I glanced down to the egg, and I pouted. Damn, I forgot about the dragon and the bat. Maybe, I can visit Apehlia's core later on and see if I can bribe the dragon off to her or convince her to raise it with me. So many things to do and such little time to do it in.

However, I am getting sidetracked! What god should I make next? I definitely want a female, mostly to balance out the male that I just added to the pantheon. But what race? I crossed off Celestial Nephilim since I don't want a deity for them just yet. Eventually, I'll look into promoting Omega to a god so that the Ancient Ones can have a deity at some point down the line. That really only left the Drow as a choice, but for some reason, I was leaning towards creating another human deity.

I didn't have anything against the Drow, but I was still unsure of their combat prowess, and since I was a human before, I have a better understanding of them. At least I think I do.

I locked in the human model and clicked the female. Now how do I want her to look? Well, for starters, I wanted to give her a class regarding fire or ice. Maybe even both. So I made her hair ice blue with some fire red streaks in it. I looked through some advanced details for hair and saw a wide variety of hairstyles I could choose. I wish I saw this earlier but its no problem. After scrolling through the list, I settled on a hairstyle that was named waterfall braids, which looked to be a modified version of a french braid. It looked pretty so I chose it. After I made the changes, I adjusted her face a bit and gave her a few freckles on her nose. I dialed back the skin tone a bit and made it almost ashen pale.

I changed her lips around a little bit and made them more full and shifted her eyes brows slightly. I made one eye fire red and the other ice blue to represent what she was going to become. I scaled her height down a little and put her at about the average of a human female and adjusted her body enough to bring it in line and make it proportionate. I then went into the advanced settings and made her hair change colors based on the temperature of the air in her immediate surroundings.

I would say she was beautiful. The duality of her appearance was rather striking, and her face had a very soft and serene look radiating from it. Now let me name her real quick, and I will work on her class and then her personality.

I stared at her for a moment, and a name floated through my mind. Kyrie. She looks like Kyrie. I typed her name in and confirmed it, and went into her domains. I quickly typed in fire and ice into the domain bar, and surprisingly, three options appeared. The first two I typed in and then a third that was labeled thermodynamic temperature.

I wasn't a big science guy in school, but that seemed interesting. I clicked on the description and quickly read it over.

The Thermodynamic Temperature domain allows a deity to control the flow of energy between particles. This domain is not to be confused with the Fire and Ice domain and is a stand alone entity. There are very few differences between this one and fire and Ice. The main one being more exceptional control of energy, and a more specific power base. Another being that this domain does not focus on elements but the temperature that both share. The recipient will also be able to cast spells regarding heat and cold that would be otherwise unattainable to either of the aforementioned domains. Due to the nature of this domain, if selected, no others can be chosen. If another domain was selected before this domain will override the previous. This domain also locks in a unique class known as a thermal mage.

I read it over and locked it in. It seemed like a decent trade-off, I would lose access to another domain, but I would have a powerful singular one. This one looked like it had more of what I was looking for anyways. Though it didn't seem to offer too much more between the three, it came with its own class, which was surprising. I can't wait to see what would happen with this.

The final thing I had to do was make a personality. I naturally keyed in loyalty to my self and Ouradia to make sure that she wouldn't rebel. But now that I had that out of the way, I decided to add in some specific modifiers. Since she was a goddess based on duality, I decided to make her personality mirror that. Her mood would dictate the temperature in the air around her. If she was happy, the air around her would stay at room temperature. If she grew angry, the air would grow hotter, but it could also grow colder, depending on how angry she became. I added in a few variables, but the system capped the temperature, in a noncombat situation, and then the combat situation temperatures were capped as well.

In a noncombat situation, the temperature capped at the highest temperature of three hundred and nine kelvin, and the lowest of two hundred and seventeen kelvin. The combat situations were only slightly different, but I am sure it could be altered with passives. After reading through everything once more and confirming all my choices, I confirmed and watched the machine whir to life once more and add another member to my ever-growing family.

40