Chapter 35
1.3k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early Chapter, cause I feel charitable today;^.. just kidding its a cry for attention.


The machine turned off, and a default blue cloak bellowed around Kyrie as she stood up. She opened her eyes and scanned the room, and then they landed on me. A broad smile appeared on her face as her eyes fell on me, and she spoke with a quiet melodic voice. “Thank you for creating me ,father Kairos.” She beamed another smile at me and skipped her way up the stairs.

“Yes, welcome to Ouradia Kyrie,” I replied to her. I glanced around the room and saw some small beads of moisture forming on the walls as she got closer to me. But I wasn’t sure if it was hot or cold, but I was not going to remove my resistance to find out. She got closer, and a wide grin exposed her white teeth. “Wow, you are beautiful.” She reached out and ran her fingers through my hair, and an involuntary giggle escaped from my lips.

“Thanks,” I replied happily and moved her hands away from me and held them in mine.

“Anyways, show me around! I am excited to meet everybody!” All her words held excitement and helped amplify her already girly voice. I nodded my head and stood up and brushed down my wool pants.

“Sure thing! I was going to go around meeting with everyone anyways before I head back down to the planet. So come along! We might run into the other newborn on our travels.” I told her as I dropped her hand and started my way down the stairs. Kyrie fell in line behind me, skipping and humming softly to herself in a cute yet disorganized way.

“So can you tell me about my new family?’ Kyrie asked as we exited the organic assimilation room.

“Well, In theory, the oldest of your siblings is Nemesis. The goddess of Retribution and Justice. She is a bit stubborn and unyielding, so if you make her mad, there’s no telling what she will do,” I told her as we got to the hallway.

“She sounds kind of scary. What about the others?” She asked me as she skipped a little faster ahead of me.

“You have Inovia, Ferrarus, Steve, Helios, Aphelia, and Eros at the moment for the deities that live here, though keep in mind that you are all not related.”

“I see. What is this room?” She asked as she skipped into the Hall of the Gods. The primary platform that held all of the thrones was expanded, and a throne that was tar-black and small gouts of flowing lava running through it was added in near the end of the rotation of thrones. On the opposite end was a single slate grey throne that was yet to be customized.

“This is the Hall of the Gods. This is one of the rooms that we will all meet in. Mostly for when we invite guests over and acts as the capital for the Control Room.” We walked further into the room and onto a red velvet carpet that led up to the stairs.

The sunlight poured into the room and illuminated the small gouts of dust that floated in the air. All of the torches that lined the pillars of the throne room flickered and cast a faint red glow over the surroundings that fought with the yellow glow from the star’s light. “I love how all of the thrones look. Will I get one too?” She asked as she skipped over to them.

“Yes. You will need to speak with Helios about it, But I am going to assume that the slate grey one on the end will be yours to customize.”

Kyrie let out a shrill squeak and ran up the stairs and over to her throne. She spun around, causing her cloak to kick out around her and plopped down on it. She puffed out her chest and gazed over the room with an imitation of a serious look on her face, which caused me to chuckle. It was nice to have a light-hearted deity here finally, though I can't discount Steve. Everyone else seemed a little dark and morose though I am the one to blame for that. I gave her a bit of time to enjoy herself before I motioned for her to join me. I was running out of time in the control room, at least for now. “Come now Kyrie. let me show you to your room.”

She jumped down from her throne and ran over to me. “Alrighty!” I spun around and started walking to the door that stood opposite from the way we entered. I make a quick motion of my hand and the door fractured apart like glass and dissolved into the floor, eliciting a gasp from Kyrie. “That’s so cool!”

“It really is. I never get tired of seeing this stuff. It reminds me of what I am now.” I told her as we stepped through the door and it rushed back together like flowing water.

“What were you before?”

“I was once a human. A human that had no idea a life like this even existed. But now I think I have fully accepted all of this now so it’s alright.”

Kyrie bobbed her head as she listened to me talk and her next few words caught me off guard. “If you could, would you go back to your old life?”

I paused as I seriously considered what she asked me. Was this new life really worth all the struggle and mistakes that I have made so far? Was it something that I was willing to give up? I thought it over and weighed my pros and cons before I finally decided to reply.

“No. I have too much invested and now for me to want to give it up. Besides, there isn’t much for me, back on Earth. My new family is here now.”

Kyrie stopped and quickly spun around and locked me in a hug. “Well, I am happy you are here too. Now let’s get to my room. I want to decorate it.”

 

As we walked through the sprawling hallways I saw Inovia turn the corner. Her blue cape fluttered behind her as she quickly walked down the hallway. Her eyes were focused on a spot behind us, giving us the impression that she was staring through us. “Kairos who is that?” Kyrie asked me as her eyes locked on Inovia. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks as she watched Inovia move through the hall with feline grace.

“That would be Inovia. The Goddess of War and Strategy.” I replied to her as we both came to a halt.

“She's very pretty.” Kyrie glanced over her and took a step forward. “I think I am going to go talk to her.”

“That is alright I suppose. Just have her show you to your room at some point Kyrie.” She glanced back at me and gave me a smile and nodded her head and skipped off to go talk to Inovia, who was either oblivious to what was going on or didn’t care enough to say anything.

Poor girl. I saw the look of attraction in her eyes, but I am not sure how Inovia was going to handle that. She was made to be Apathetic, but I guess I will see what happens. With a sigh, I pushed the thoughts to the side. I had around 30 minutes before the next class started. Which if I left now would give me about twelve hours of free time on Ouradia before I had to be in class. I guess I will use this time to explore Orsalon and see what it had to offer. I sent Helios a mental message to help Kyrie get situated before I teleported to an alleyway just inside of the city.

I appeared in an alleyway that was framed by shadows cast from the setting sun. Man, I really needed to find a name for it instead of calling it the sun. This isn’t earth. But I will have to decide that later. I want to take a bit of a break from naming things for a while. I pushed out of the alleyway and onto a side street that a few people were walking down. Some wore tunics that were light and hung off of the body and had clothes wrapping around their face only leaving their eyes exposed. Others wore clothing that reminded me of the renaissance era back on Earth, though the clothing they wore looked a little on the lower class side.

I remember that Helios said this was a merchant city, which would explain the different styles of clothing. This was a melting pot of different cultures, though I wasn’t sure if it was just in the area, or spanned continents. Though I doubted it was that large. Ouradia was equivalent to the late roman empire, so I doubt they have the technology for something like that though they have magic that seems to be pushing them ahead in other ways.

I was so lost in thought that I bumped into someone and felt them fall backward.” Wow, Nia, you are built like a mountain.” I was tore from my thoughts by the familiar voice. Hazel colored eyes peered up at me from a few inches down and put on a smile. “Hello, Ziva! Long time no see.”

37