Milestone/ Sneak Peeks/ General Discussions
1.2k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please take a read, even though it isn't a chapter <3. Also here is my shameless plug to my discord. https://discord.gg/Xeq8wC9 . I do events, movie nights, and interact with everyone the best I can. ;^


OI! Let me preface this by saying thank you guys so much for reading my stuff. I never thought that this series would be popular or widely read so thanks guys this means the world to me. Now with that being said let's get to the juicy parts.

1) I have tallied up the votes on the two platforms I post on. There will be an Ever chosen series coming soon. I just need a few weeks to stack up chapters so I can have a regular release schedule. As with Awakening Chronicles, it will be posted on Sunday once I get chapters built up.

2) Once my work schedule calms down, I do plan on increasing the release rate of Awakening Chronicles. I plan on releasing roughly 2-3 chapters a week, though it hinges heavily on my work schedule.

3) I forgot to upload two new pieces of artwork, so here you go. Steve and Nemesis.

4) I am also looking for some artists to commission more work from, for both the Awakening Chronicles universe and other things I am working on, so hit me up if you are interested.

5) For the Bleeding Hearts readers, I do plan on redoing the entire series, and improving it. But for the time bieng it is put to the side,

5) I want to do a Q&A with you guys. So if you have any questions for my self, or any of the existing characters drop please drop them down below. I will have them all collected and answered and ready to go by the next release. ;D. Now for other fun stuff. *All sneak peeks are from other stories in the Awakening Universe.

Sneak Peek Part 1 Rise of the Ethereals

I walked to the stone hovering in the middle of my ritual room. The stone was shaped like a large diamond and radiated a dull white light that pulsed very softly in the dimly lit room, almost like a heart. I reached out to lightly graze the surface of the stone, and as soon as my gnarled boney hand slid across it I called out, "Amari dear, come to me." As the words left my mouth, I felt the air temperature drop multiple degrees and a soft feminine voice that seemed to lack any emotion called out behind me, "Yes, master?" I removed my hand from the stone and turned to look at Amari. I gave her a soft smile as I took her form in for the last time.

Her long, raven black hair hung below her shoulders but was floating wildly in multiple directions. Her face was pale white with the only contrast being her eyes, which were an inky black that had a soft green glow radiating from them and her lips, which were a pale blue. Her petite frame was clad in a light red kimono-like dress that was torn and tattered, exposing the soft grey flesh underneath. It was wrapped tightly around her waist and had a flower-like design that was blood red and repeated itself across the surface.

In one hand she held a long glaive that stood just as tall as she did. The handle of the polearm was slender and colored like that of a bleached bone. The grip of the glaive tapered off into a worn black guard piece that circled the entire blade and had red ribbons dangling from off of one side. The blade itself had a slight curve to it and glimmered like the night sky in the faint lighting of the room. "Amari, you being the only sentient onryō in service to us, you are much too valuable of an asset to lose today. So as your master, I want you to bind yourself to this soul core and take it and hide." She tilted her head, and I saw a faint look of sadness in her eyes as she spoke again, "But master, what about you? What will become of this place?"

I shook my head at her and gestured at the stone once more, "If you stay, you will die. The church has grown too strong too quickly, and has practically killed off the ethereal mages. We are the last standing bastion of ethereal magic and all of its teachings, and if they take this stone, then we will become extinct, and our practice will be forgotten. They will attempt to raze this place to the ground and erase our history." She continued to stare at me sadly and had her lips pursed, the first real glimmers of emotion surfacing on her face in the many decades that I knew her. I felt my heart start to break as I watched her reach out to the stone to start the bond transference ceremony. I placed my hands on hers, and I felt her ice-cold skin touch mine.

Sneak Peek part 2 Haunted Soul

After what felt like an eternity, my rage finally left me. What was the point of being angry? I was dead. Besides, if it were a common thug, the academy would have them disposed of; if it was a rival, it might be overlooked. The longer I floated there, the more I felt my memory start to slip. First, it was my childhood, from playing with my childhood friends to even the memories of my mother and her honey-brown hair. Everything started to fade away, bit by bit. No matter how hard I tried to hold onto them, they only faded away.

Bit by bit, I felt myself slowly starting to fade, even my memories of that school I went to, just before I died. The void within me began to spread, and I struggled to hold onto the last bits of who I was. Even my name started to slip away. I fought and held onto the last bits of my memory when a screen that looked familiar flashed before my eyes.

Analyzing soul remnants... Analyzing complete. Current Location: Limbo. Due to your location and the cause of your death, your soul will now wander Ouradia. Commencing soul collection...

I didn't even get a chance to read over the screen before I felt myself start to come back together. The memories that I lost never returned, but parts of who I was started to return to me bit by bit.

Due to the addition of the system that allows this to occur, you will be given a unique passive. Please note that this is applicable only to the beings that are currently in limbo. If this passive is lost, it can never be recovered.

One of few: This passive allows the recipient to maintain their sanity as a wandering soul.*

*Only given to the beings that were in limbo at the time of the conversion.

And that is all for now for the sneak peeks! Let me know what you guys think down in the comment section and please drop what ever questions you have down there as well! I really want to communicate with you guys an improve my work!

27