Chapter 39 Age of Preparation
1.2k 9 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, here's another chapter. Join my discord! Dont forget to drop questions for sundays Q&A!

https://discord.gg/CWDycd8


 

After hours of trial and error, I finally managed to push the ethereal mana into most of the template. I even managed to increase my mana manipulation to basic level eight. The ethereal mana pulsed in my fingertips as I readied another ball of it. After numerous failed attempts, my mana bar has almost been drained, but I still have a few attempts left in me. I create another ball and stretch it out in a slightly more complex pattern than before and start pumping more of my mana into it. If this attempt failed, this would be my last one for the night.

My mana surged, and I forced it into the template. The necromantic mana surged and buckled as it fought off the ethereal mana. It eventually gave and started to compress into a tight ball at the center of the template. I drained the last bit of my mana as I pushed the bit into the template, and it shuddered as the necromantic mana finally caved and started to mix with the ethereal. The template shifted and started to change colors as the mana rushed through the channels mixing and twisting with each other. As soon as the last piece of the template was covered, it pulsed, and a notification appeared on my screen.

You have unlocked a variant of the Nazghouls. The template has been renamed Ethereal Nazghoul. Would you like to make this a public template?

I clicked on the no option and then left the description blank. I will figure one out later for them. I grabbed the new template and looked it over with a bit of pride. I figured out what to do with Helios’ help. I brought up a model of Ouradia and dropped the template onto the planet.

Would you like to start the conversion?

I clicked yes, and a small loading bar appeared on my screen and quickly hit one hundred percent, and then a set of notifications appeared.

Would you like to delete the Nazghoul template since you now have a superior version of it? This will not remove any monsters, or Nazghoul in existence since they have been converted.

Due to the nature of the magic in the conversion, new monsters will be roaming Ouradia, and new evolutionary trees have been unlocked for all existing monsters.

Title unlocked:

Lord of the Afterlife: Title has been granted because this Administrator has added a variant of an undead race into the systems template index +50 creation points. Increased affinity towards spiritual magic and bodies.

I naturally clicked yes and got rid of the template. I let out a sigh of happiness as I relaxed on the bed. That was a very long and grueling process. I flipped onto my stomach and buried my head into the pillow. Now that I finished that I could make a god for the Nazghouls.

I glanced over to the clock and saw that it was going on seven am. I needed to go to class. I glanced down and saw that my clothes were starting to get a little gross, and I scowled. I hated having to wear these mage robes. Thankfully they had built-in magic that would clean them off periodically. But I did want to change out the clothes that I wore underneath since they are starting to look a little dated. Maybe I will go shopping in the merchant district later, or just go to the control room and make something myself.

I smoothed out my cloak and ran my fingers through my hair to help straighten it out before I walked into the hallway and towards my class. While I was walking down the hall I started to think about what I did. When I read the prompt, it said that new monsters will be roaming around. I am glad that it happened since it gives more variety for my species to fight. But I was curious as to what was created. I pulled up a screen and started to search for changes that were implemented.

Recent system changes

Undead variants for all races and monsters have been expanded and improved. Click here for more details.

Limbo has been expanded, and all souls that were locked there have been granted the title of ‘One of few’ and have been released.

Limbo has been revised and has been replaced with the world of Equinox. Click here for more details on Equinox.

The realms of Heaven and Hell have been expanded, and requirements have been changed slightly due to the nature of ethereal magic and the conversion. Please see the system companion for information.

Wow. I had no clue that changing the Nazghouls would have such a drastic impact on the system that governs Ouradia. But what is this place called Equinox? I clicked on the link, and it brought up another screen.

Equinox: A realm between Heaven and Hell that exists to house souls who refuse to go to either, or are not allowed in either place. Both souls and monsters roam the land of Equinox, but with magic, they can come and go as they please. Be wary of the souls and monsters that escape from Equinox, for they are often powerful foes.

Underneath the description was a portrait of a land that was enshrouded in equal parts light and dark, but everything was grey and dull. Even the trees that dotted the landscape were both dying yet stuck in bloom. Even the sun that beat down on the surface was split in half with the duality.

So this was the middle realm for souls to go. But the only issue was that I don’t remember implementing a cycle of life, but that must have been Helios. Man, as much as that angel annoys me, he has saved my ass a few times. But I need to make plans for Equinox since that warning does not sit well with me. Just another thing to add to my to-do list.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I was trying to work through the list of things that I needed to do. But I was torn from my thoughts as I bumped into Cato.

“Damn, Nia. You did not budge an inch.” Cato told me with his annoyingly charming voice as he took a step back. Great, this was the last person that I wanted to bump into. He has been borderline stalking me since I came here.

“I have heard that many times before,” I replied curtly after I stepped to the side and continued to walk down the hallway, nimbly dodging the other students. A few seconds later, I saw Cato in the corner of my eye as he caught up to me.

“I have a question for you, Nia.” He glanced at me, and I could see him struggling to keep up with my pace.

“What do you want, Cato?” I asked him as I grew more annoyed. I didn’t have time for this. But I will humor him, I suppose. I slowed down to allow him to speak.

“So, word around the school is that you are some sort of prodigy amongst the students. You seem to be steps ahead of everyone and can pick up on multiple types of magic, while others start to struggle after learning two or three. I happen to come from a noble family to the east of here and wield tremendous influence. I think that together we can become two of the most powerful people in my nation.” He explained to me as he slowed his pace.

Did this man just try and ask me out in the most aristocratic way possible? Just because I am masquerading as a woman doesn't mean that I am interested in men, or anyone for that matter. Well, I shouldn't quite say that I am interested in someone.

I pinched my nose and stopped in the hall and pulled him to the side. “Listen, Cato, as great as that sounds, I have no real interest in becoming a power couple. Besides, I am already taken. I am also just a simple girl who is just trying to succeed and learn all she can. So please just leave me be.”

Catos face turned dark, and he leaned in close to me. “I think you are mistaken. I did not ask. I am a noble, and you are a peasant bitch. I will get what I want. Do you understand me?”

I gave him the sweetest smile I could muster and looked him in the eyes. “Cato. Do not threaten me. Ever. There is nothing that you have that I could possibly want. This conversation is over. Have a nice day.” I pushed him to the side and walked away, all too painfully aware of his burning gaze on my backside, and the shock looked on all the bystanders' faces. I had a feeling that man was going to be troubled. But this won’t be the last I hear of this from him, that much I am sure of.

I got through all my classes for the day, and surprisingly all I got was ugly stares from him throughout the day, but it is what it is. It's not like he could actually hurt me. I got back to my dorm and brought back the template I created and started to look more into what a soul was since I was curious. I extended the template out and shifted the mana channels out. The Ethereal mana has pretty much mixed with all the Necromantic mana and now permeates every inch of it.

However, near the center of the template, the mana starts to become more active and is absorbing a large amount of energy and condensing it down into a source that I could not identify. I won’t even pretend to know what it is doing or how a soul is created from this process, but it does look rather interesting. I dismissed the template and shed my robe. I folded it and placed it gently on the bed. I was starting to get tired of being at the academy. Granted, I learned a few skills here and there but it really was not worth my time overall. I still need to work on my class. So maybe now would be a good time to bail and call it quits. At least for now. Besides, I have a feeling if I stay any longer than Cato is going to harass me more, and I really don’t want to deal with that.

I teleported out of my dorm room for the last time and appeared in my control room. Home sweet home, I suppose. I walked through the sprawling halls whistling quietly to myself as I approached the organic assimilation room. It was finally time to create the last god of my pantheon for at least for the time being. I slid into the room, and the lights turned on and adjusted themselves. I glided across the empty room and up the stairs and took my place on my chair, and summoned my menu.

I clicked on the create a god option and selected the Nazghoul template. The first thing that I noticed was how unique they were. They could take the form of any race on my planet, outside of the Ancient Ones, but still performed the same as an undead would. They even had a unique ability to become a soul as they aged.

I crossed my legs and thought over my options. How about I combine every race into a single form. This new creation will represent every being on my planet. It is only befitting a deity that will represent death.

I created a blank template and decided to start with nothing. I grabbed a human skull and placed it down first, and from there, I began to grab bone structures from every other race. I gave it the bone wings of an Angel on one side and then a single wing from a demon on the other. I gave it the ribcage of a Dark elf and arms of a Drow. I continually stacked bones on one another, beefing up the deity and increasing its size.

After a while, I finally added the last piece of its skeleton in and started to adjust the thickness of the bones. I stretched and pulled until I was finally happy with the effect. After a few more adjustments, I saved the template and started to work on choosing its domains.

I immediately typed in death as its domain and locked it in, and then I chose rebirth. After all, you can’t have death without rebirth. I finalized the domains and then went on to its class. But what class would fit a god of death? I think I would choose his class the same way I chose Eros’ class. I brought up the Nazghoul template and looked through the classes. Nazghouls specializes in death, and have a class called Death Knights, so why don’t base him off of the class. I typed Death Knight into the search bar, and a whole host of options appeared for me.

Grand Death Knight: A front lining class that is focused on tanking hits and trading damage for damage.

Sion of Death: An overwhelming d.p.s class that offers very little in the way of defense

Bone Colossus: A bruiser like class that has equal damage and tankiness.

Juggernaut of Death: A class that is supremely tanky, and has constant d.p.s.

I strummed my fingers along the arm of the chair as I attempted to decide what class I wanted to give this deity. I went ahead and got rid of the Sion of Death class since I had enough damage classes in my pantheon. That left the Grand Death Knight, Bone Colussus, and the Juggernaut of Death.

After pondering over my choices for a bit longer, I decided to go with the Juggernaut of Death. I would need something that would be able to tank and dish out sustained damage. I clicked on the class and confirmed it. Now it was time to work on the personality and then the name.

39