Chapter 40
1.1k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late upload. I work a lot, so I had to push the upload back. Q&A on the bottom.


What kind of personality would I give this deity? It did not have a gender, so I had free reign over the basic personality template. I naturally typed in loyalty to Kairos there. But after that, I was drawing a blank. I did not want to make this guy overly morose or super pessimistic. I typed in a few modifiers to keep the personality somewhat stable, but I mainly focused on making it unrelenting, as death should be.

Once I messed around with his modifiers a bit, I saved them and went to choose a name. I wanted to find a name that would embody what this deity would represent. I think I want something that would start with the letter A. But what would be a good choice? I looked over the model, and a name floated through my head. Abraxis. Yes, I like that name, but I want to add flair to it. Abraxis the Eternal? No, that didn’t seem to have a nice ring to it. Abraxis the unyielding? No, not that.

I strummed my fingers along my armrest and kept putting titles with the name. What about Abraxis the Profane? I thought over that name and decided that I liked the ring of it. I finalized the name, and the machine turned on with its familiar whirl.

Abraxis was created piece by piece, bone by bone. After a few moments, the machine turned off, and Abraxis let out a strange airy sigh. His bones shifted from snow white to a dark grey. Its eye sockets glowed with a greenish-blue hue and small wisps of smoke that were the same color escaped from various parts of its body.

Abraxis raised hands up and inspected them before clenching them. Its boney fingers cracked and rattled, and it dropped them. “How quaint.” Abraxis’ voice echoed around the room with a deep boom, and its jaw clenched back together with a crack. It sounded masculine, yet there were female undertones that were unique to hear. But at the moment, I think I will refer to it as he for now.

“Welcome to the Control Room Abraxis and your new home.”

He looked up at me with his abyssal eyes and tilted his head. “I see. It is a pleasure to be here.” He took a step forward, and his bones clacked against the floor.

“Now that you are here. I can call a meeting. I can get you familiarized with everyone and everything.” Abraxis nodded his massive head, and I sent out a massive mental message to every god on Ouradia to go to the meeting room. I cleared my throat and pushed myself off of the chair. “Now follow me. Let me show you around.”

I walked into the meeting room and saw that all the chairs but my own and one other was empty. After looking around, I noticed that the only one that wasn’t here was Aphelia. I felt a pang of sadness grow in my heart, but I pushed it to the side. If she was not ready to talk to me yet, there was no point in worrying about it. I made a motion with my hand, and the meeting table expanded, and another chair was added. I cleared my throat, and all of the eyes rested on me, and I made a gesture for Abraxis to take a seat. His sheer bulk dwarfed every other being in the room outside of Ferrarus, and his seat could barely contain his mass.

I walked across the room and took my seat. Nemesis sat to my left and Helios to my right. After looking around, I cleared my throat. “Thank you, everyone, that came. I want to introduce the newest member of the Pantheon. Meet Abraxis the Profane, the god of Death and Rebirth.” A small murmur of greetings rang out from the gathered deities, and Abraxis only let out another airy groan in response.

I settled into my chair and brought up the schematics of the control room and another three dimensional model of Ouradia and let them hover above the table. “Anyways, now that I got that out of the way, I wish to appoint roles and go over general information involving Ouradia and some new developments. The first thing on that list is to get a general status update on everyone. Helios. You are up first.”

Helios rolled his eyes and cleared his throat, “As you wish, my liege. The Angels are preparing an invasion force as we speak. At the moment I have five full legions plus another three reserves at my command. Just give the word and we will march. As for the basic government functions, everything is going as expected. The Angels have kept to themselves and have no intention to interact with the other races in the world.”

I nodded my head as I listened along. That was good. “That sounds good. Can we keep that policy? At least until they are unified with the demons.”

Helios looked thoughtful for a moment before he replied. “I can manage for the time being. The real issue that will arise when other Arch-Angels arise to the tribunal. But I will prepare countermeasures for that the best I can.”

“That is good. My last question has to do with the afterlife on this world. Once I introduced ethereal magic to Ouradia, it told me a new realm was introduced, and current rules have been expanded upon. Who runs Heaven? Who runs Hell, and lastly, what does it mean for Ouradia to have these things?”

Helios shifted in his chair and crossed his arms over his purple robe and tilted his head. “At the moment, Heaven has no real overseer. I have appointed some of my chosen to police the area until we can get a proper ruler there. As for Hell, Eros oversees that until we can enact our plan to unify the two species afterward, though we need to figure it out. As for Equinox, that is an unexplored territory. So I am unsure what we need to do to keep it policed, and keep it from spilling into the world of the living. As what it means for us, it will just increase future manpower, but it is irrelevant for now.”

Well. That answered the questions for the most part. I crossed my legs and started to chew on my nails while I thought over what I needed to do there.

“Abraxis. I will appoint you to rule over the land of Equinox. If you need anything, let myself or Helios know, please.” The hulking bone giant nodded his head in agreement, but no words came out. I guess he was a god of few words.

I cleared my throat and looked over to Nemesis. “How is everything going for you.” She let out a pointed sigh and adjusted her gray shirt, and retracted her halo.

“Everything is going well for the most part. A lot of countries have issues accepting my chosen, since they see us as radical, but it’s the price we must pay to ensure that laws are upheld to the highest standard.” I nodded my head. I have yet to see any of her chosen, but if they are anything like her, then they must be unforgiving and uncompromising. I need to see just how they are, though before I make any judgments. The next critical member I need to talk to is Inovia.

I glanced across the table and had to stifle a giggle as I saw Kyrie staring at her like she was the only person in the world. I cleared my throat and put my hand down on the table. “Inovia. How are the defenses coming along?”

Inovia sat as straight as a rod and only moved her hand to brush her fiery red hair behind her hair. “The defenses are coming along well. With the introduction of the new Nazghoul template, the undead defenders of the control room received major boons. The construction is coming along, all though my budget is starting to feel strained. I have finished the final defense room, and at the moment I am designing the courtyard. Once it is finished I will inform you.”

“Very well, thank you, Inovia. Do you have any concerns or need help with anything?” I asked her. I was satisfied with her answers so far, but I might as well pry into her life a bit. I need to start interacting with my other deities a bit.

“No not at the moment, other than just money. I thank you for your consideration Lord Overseer,” was her curt response. I took a glance between her and Kyrie to try and get a feel on what is going on between the two. Nothing struck me about the two, but I am sure I will find out soon enough.

“Inovia, would you like to spar after this meeting? I need to try and start focusing on leveling up my class and learning skills, and what better way than to work with my trusted general.”

Her cyan eyes lasered onto me, and she gave me a small nod. “No need for the flattery Lord Overseer. I will gladly spar with you.”

I flash her a smile in response. “Good. I will meet with you after I work on my monster form, and then we go from there.” Inovia only nodded her head at me, and I shifted my attention to Kyrie.

“Kyrie, are you getting along well?” Her face reddened for a moment when she realized I was talking to her, and she tore her attention away from Inovia.

“Yes, I am, thank you. Do you have any pressing matters that you need help with?” Her voice was sweet and rang with harmony as she spoke. She had such a beautiful voice. I sat forward in my seat and thought over what I could have her do. I do want to learn some skills from her. So that can be something. Maybe I will assign her to work with Inovia; that way, I can push the two together and see what happens.

“Kyrie, I would like to learn some of your skills. I also want you to work with Inovia. I need another pair of hands-on, making sure this place is up to par.” After I said that, I swear I saw her face light up in a bright display of light.

“Yes, of course, father.” I could hear the excitement bubbling in her voice at the prospect. I glanced over at Inovia, yet her face remained like stone. Hopefully, that would not be a wrong choice on my part.

I tore my attention away from her and did a mental tally. I just touched base with most of them. That left Ferraris, Steve, and Aphelia and Eros. Though I am not counting on seeing Aphelia for a while, I turnED my attention toward Steve. I am curious to see what he has been doing.

“Steve, how are you doing? I have not talked to you since you were born.”

Steve dropped the mask he was playing with, and it fell onto his checkered shirt. “Ah, yes. That would be my fault. I got so curious that I wanted to go out and explore the world.” He replied. His voice shifted slightly since I last talked to him. It seemed to be silkier and joyful.

“How was that? Do you have anything that you need help with?” I asked him as I sat back and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I can’t say that I do. I much rather be down on Ouradia then spending my time in this stuffy meeting room. There is still much fun to be had still.” I eyed him carefully and could see that he was containing himself the best he could.

“I see. Well, I can send you off again, I suppose. As for a role, just build up a small following. I will need a force that is proficient at guerilla warfare. Is that doable?”

“Yes, I can see to it that it happens.” His face lit up since he knew he was about to go free, but before he could go, I stopped him.

“Before you leave Steve two things. I forbid you to harm Izalith in away. Make sure it stays safe. There is also a mortal down there who is doing the Ever Chosen questline. Please make sure that she can find you. I prefer she finish her quest.”

Steve pouted at me as I informed him of his limitations. “Fineeeee. I suppose I won’t destroy that place. As for the girl, ill seek her out. I will be going now. Bye-bye.” With a pop, he vanished from the room. I guess he was in quite a hurry.

Now that I finished with Steve, that just leaves Ferrarus and Eros. I turn my attention towards Ferrarus and saw that he had changed a little. Most of his copper ore has been replaced with iron, and I could see dozens of various metals dotting his metallic flesh. “Ferraus I have not seen you in quite a while. How are you doing?”

His floating head turned toward me, and he placed his massive pillar-like arms on the table with a room-shaking thud. Where there were once massive stumps are now some smaller, more refined finger-like appendages. Nothing too fancy, but he was getting there. “I am well. I am eager to get back to my forge, though.” His voice echoed around the room, and he set his arms down again with another room-shaking tremor.

“I know. I won’t keep you long. How is the production coming along? Do you need materials to work with?”

“I am fine for now. As long as Black Smiths on Ouardia keep offering new metals to me. I should never be hurting for the materials. I thank you for the consideration, though.” That was good to hear, I supposed.

“Good. Can I get with you later on and create some artifacts for later?.

“Yes. Is there anything else you need from me?” He asked again with that same booming voice.

“No, not at this moment. Thank you, Ferrarus.” I dismissed him with a flick of my wrist, and he stood. His size nearly dwarfed that of Abraxis. The meeting room shook with each step that the giant took and continued on well after he left.

Last but not least I have the demon. I tore my attention away from the door that Ferrarus just left through and placed my eyes on Eros. I gave him a sweet smile as I asked my question. "How are you doing? Are you and Helios getting along well?"

Eros shifted his arms away from his chest and placed them on the table and interlocked his fingers. "As well as we can be, all things considered. I am sorry for my outburst earlier."

I waved my hand and let out a small chuckle. "It's no problem; it happens. So anyway. How is Hell? How is the land of the demons?

"Hell is fine. As per your orders, I have no revealed who I really am just yet. As far as anyone else knows, I am just a mighty Demon. As for the Demons, I have visited the major cities in disguise, and I am disgusted by what I see." He explained to me as a pained look crossed his face.

I sat forward in my chair and brushed a bit of my white hair back. "Do tell. What is going on down there?"

"The leadership is lacking and allowing the cities to fall apart. Demons are creatures of technology and magic. Those pathetic excuses for Demons are letting my people stagnate and fall behind the Angels." He growled out through his clenched fangs.

"I see, well in that case, just hold on for a few more hours. Once we set our plan in motion, feel free to purge whomever you need to." Well, I think that was everyone. I think I covered everything, if not, then I can talk to them indivually.

“Thank you, Eros. I guess that’s just about everything. If anyone has any questions, come find me, and we can discuss it in detail.” Everyone murmured their agreement and started to leave the room one by one, eventually leaving me on my own in the meeting room. I hope that was okay. It was the first time I ever did a meeting like that. I leaned back into my chair and started to plan out my next step. I needed to create a monster form. But I had no idea what I wanted to do. I mean, I have pretty much made up my mind in regards to becoming a ghost of some sort.

I opened up my menu and selected my monster path, and a screen appeared for me to choose a base monster form. I searched through the list and found the Ethereal monsters. I read through it and saw that certain types of spirits get immunity to holy and dark magic spells, as well as getting a damage reduction from nonmagical attacks, which would be hugely beneficial to my class since I am slightly squishy. But what would be the best evolution path? So many choices and such little time. I better at least take my time so I don't make a stupid mistake.


1)how souls and the afterlife are handled in this universe? Are souls destructible? Can the dead be revived if you are not an Administrator  

  They are one of the most powerful forces in the Universe. As for the afterlife, it varies based on the Administrator. Reincarnation, Heaven and Hell, and a few different ones that I am experimenting with. Souls also function as a power source for these realms as well since they are eternal, and at no damage to the soul. But it is an exponential increase. More souls in Heaven? More souls required to maintain it kind of deal, but that only happens once a soul hits a certain age. 

  Yes very much so. Its mostly done through ritualistic magic since it has the power required to do. Destroying a soul causes a lot of problems. Kinda like a nuclear fallout but worse.

  Yes, but the magic is costly and is very advanced to do so. 

2) When will MC place down the rest of the races? 

  The Nephilim, he is waiting for the right time. Too soon, he will attract attention. Though I have a grand plan. Im thinking near the end of this arc. As for the Celestial Nephilim, I am not sure my self. After this arc, shit hits the fan fast, so I will try and slide them in some time during this one, or in a lull, next Arc/Everything else is based on the situation. 

 3) What is your favorite character to write about? 

  Inovia 100 percent. She is based on a few of my favorite characters. Camile from league, Byakuya from bleach. Even though she doesn't have a lot of screen time at the moment though. She is my favorite. 

38