Chapter 41 Age of Preparation
1.1k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys! here is an upload, enjoy, let me know what you think! Join my discord, and let me know what you think. Whether it's in discord, or in the comment section.

https://discord.gg/CWDycd8


So, After reading everything over, I saw that I would start as a basic ghost once I created my form. From there, since I am an Administrator, I would just level it like I would my class. If I were not an Administrator, then I would have to kill and consume other spirits to grow stronger. So as it stands, it would be every ten levels I would evolve into something else. But the only catch was that each evolution took more experience points than the last. I scrolled through the list and saw that there were hundreds of evolution options each time I chose to evolve, though that list narrowed immensely near the top. But that would take me a very long time to get there. If I were to measure it in life spans, it would be close to thousands. Thankfully I am immortal.

So I selected ghost, and a few notifications appeared on my screen.

You have taken your first steps into monster hood. +20 creation points

Title Received: Basic Ghost

Gives the recipient a five percent total damage reduction to nonmagical attacks.*

Gives the recipient the corrupted virtue and sanctified corruption title from grey magic, and you will now only take base damage from holy and dark magic attacks instead of bonus damage.

New Skills have been added into your class due to your path:

Fleeting Steps- Become intangible and untargetable while moving. It can be used to pass through certain materials.

Chilled Air - Active Passive- The air around the user becomes chilled and restricts movements and attack speed by three percent. At higher levels, the restrictions will increase.

Haunting Breath- An A.O.E spell that allows that amplifies the user's breath and moves it to another location. Has a ten percent chance to apply the fear debuff.

*Can be stacked with other total damage reduction skills to a cap of no more than fifty percent.

I let out a low whistle as I saw my skills. I gained another gap-closing ability that could serve a few different purposes, which was good, along with an A.O.E passive that, when leveled high enough, will be very beneficial. I mentally activated my monster form, and my hands became see-through and ghost-like. I raised them to the light that illuminated the room, only to see that the light changed from white to a soft greenish-blue hue as it shone through my flesh. I clenched my fist and pushed myself off of the chair and saw that I hovered a few inches off of the ground.

This was cool. I floated around the room for a few moments and enjoyed myself before I floated back over to my chair and brought my menu back up. Now let’s do some research and see what I can do with this.

The Path of The Monster:

This path grants the Administrator a power over a specific species of monster. All the passives and skills of each monster will be at the Administrators disposal. However, each ability will be reduced in power. This reduction falls off as the Administrator grows in power, but the reduction won’t be removed until after the sixth tier has been reached. The monster form can be combined with a host form for cosmetic appearances only.

Your monster form can be leveled one of two ways. The first way is embracing it and living on your world as a monster.

The second is to level it much like your class, though it takes a slightly longer time to do so.

This was interesting, but I had no desire to live as a monster, so I guess I will go the leveling route. I dismissed the menu and shifted back to my host body. I was attached to this form, mostly since it was the last semblance of humanity that I get to experience. Once I shifted it back to my host, I merged with my spirit form, though I needed to find a mirror to see what I now look like

I settled softly on the floor and brought up the schematics of the control room. I see that they added in a training room, which was good. I can spar with Inovia there. I sent her a mental message to meet me there and began my journey through the control room.

I finally arrived at the training room and opened the door with the wave of my hand. The room was about as long as a football field and looked pretty basic. There were no windows, but lights lined the ceiling. On the left side was a small room that jutted from the wall, which I assume was the observation chamber. The air in here smelt stale, and I wish it were as fancy as the training room in my guild hall.

I saw Inovia standing across the room with her arms crossed over her chest and her cape billowing in the stale air behind. I guess magic must be involved somewhere along the way for that to happen. The door closed behind me with a loud click, and I stepped into the room and moved directly across from her. "Would you like to keep this room the same, or would you like to switch to a different environment to test your skills?” She asked as I settled into a spot right across from her. “No, this is fine for now. I want to get a feel for your fighting style before I decide where I want to go”. I replied to her and teleported my blades to my hands and equipped them before I drew the blades, “Are you ready, Inovia?"

She flicked her cape back and drew her rapier from her hip and raised it to her face and closed her eyes. Suddenly the air grew thick and heavy, and then she flicked her sword back down with the tip pointed to the ground. The air grew more compact with each passing second, and I found it harder to shift my legs. It felt like I was wading through thick mud.

You are under partial suppression. Movement speed has been reduced by twenty percent. Attack Speed has been reduced by twenty percent.

Damn. She debuffed me. I kept my eyes glued to her, ready to spring into action. However, she took another step forward, and I felt the air press into me more. As Inovia got closer, she seemed to grow in size, and I felt a small twinge of fear build in my stomach.

You have been afflicted with a slight intimidation buff.

She got even closer, and she opened her eyes, and I could feel her cyan eyes pierce into my soul. Her cape rose behind her, and she dashed forward faster than anything I have ever seen before. I activate fleeting steps along with lunge and quickly dodged backward. The top of Inovia’s rapier appeared right where my head was a few seconds ago. I could hear the air kick around me from the force of her strike.

I jumped forward and activated lunge once more and swung my blades around in an arc down toward Inovia’s face. I heard a tsk sound escape from her lips, and she caught the first blade with the tip of her rapier and deflected it to the side. She bent backward, cleanly dodging the remaining swords. She reached out with her right hand and brought herself back up with a backflip, landing quietly on the ground. She flicked her blade out once more, causing her cape to rise again. She made a quick motion with her sword, and in a split second, I felt four blades pierce into my back and stomach, causing me to stumble in surprise. She raised her hand that held the handle of the rapier tight, and a red light began to encase her fist. It glowed menacingly and reacted to her movements, no matter how slight they were. She then swung the blade out in a short arc, and a second later, I felt the blade bite into my flesh in a flash of pain and cut a swath through my stomach.

A pained grunt escaped from my lips, and my health bar dropped by almost a quarter. Holy shit Inovia hits hard. I activated my dimensional step and covered the distance in a second. I swung blades in a tight arc, and Inovia placed a hand behind her back like a fencer and stepped to the side and delivered a quick stab forward in return.

I activated the undying dance sequence, and my blades blocked the rapier with a resounding clang“ “Too slow.” I heard Inovia’s voice behind. I tried to spin around to counter her, but I felt her blade bite into my back. My health bar dropped another significant amount. She was fast, and she was precise. I activated fleeting steps and quickly broke away from her, trying to create some sort of distance. What could I do to even the playing field out a bit? I ran down my list of skills both in my class and as side skills. Maybe I should try and distract her. I flicked the hilt of my sheathed sword, and I heard that same haunting bell ring. Dozens of cuts appeared in the air, that thankfully caught Inovia unware, leading to a few slashes across her body and clothes that bled profusely.

“That was unexpected." She replied in the same apathetic tone as before. She brought her rapier back up in a defensive stance and watched me like a hawk. Seeing my chance, I began to cast a few fireballs towards her. Maybe if I can distract her, I can close the distance and get a strike-off and then amplify it. I threw a set of three fireballs towards her and then used lunge to reposition myself and cast another set. I used fleeting steps to dash to another spot, and I began casting some earthen spikes to throw at her.

As soon as the last earthen spikes left my fingertips, I used fleeting steps once more and cast haunting breath, and activated my first sequence. Inovia’s eyes dash around as she tried to analyze the situation. She flicked her rapier and cut through the first set of fireballs and twisted her body in various directions, nimbly dodging each attack after it. I was starting to grow frustrated. I couldn't seem land a hit. Was I that bad? Inovia tried to take a step back, but I pressed the attack, and eventually, I managed to push past her rapier and land a clean cut across her chest. She delivered another quick swipe to my face in turn and stepped back. Her face remained as impassive as ever as I brought my blades down in a harsh motion. We began a deadly dance of close cuts and glancing hits, yet neither of us could seem to get the upper hand. My frustrations quickly mounted as more of my attacks started to miss. I brought my blades down in a sideswipe, not thinking about my next strike. Inovia parried them quickly and stepped into me and thrust her shoulder into my chest, causing me to stumble backward. She promptly shot her rapier forward faster than I could react. I could only widen my eyes as I felt the cold steel of her blade piece my throat, causing me to drop to my knees. My hands scrambled towards my throat as my breaths became more labored, and I felt my lungs start to fill up with liquid. I coughed and sputtered as I watched my health bar plummet to zero. Pain wracked my body as I desperately struggled to take a breath, and the only thought that crossed my mind was my desire to take a breath.

You have been stricken with the grevious wounds debuff.

Suffocating Debuff has been applied.

My health bar rapidly ticked downward as I fell onto my side. My blades hit the ground around me with a clatter. My body started going numb as my health bar quickly neared zero. My vision started to fade to black, and my last sight was that of Inovia giving her blade a flick, a bright swath of crimson liquid shot from the tip and coated he ground with my life essence. As my vision finally faded, all I could see was Inovia was staring at my dying form with those same uncaring eyes.

When I came too, I was lying on my back, and Inovia was resting against the wall with her arms crossed and her head slightly tilted in my direction, “You did well, Lord Overseer. You are the only one who managed to last that long against me.”

I let out a tortured groan and sat up. My head was pounding, and I felt sick to my stomach“ “I got absolutely trashed by you.”

Her face remained impassive as she shrugged, “You did well. Don't take it personally, though. It was just how I was designed. Though I did not appreciate having to hurt you."

Well, I can't fault her there. I was the one who made her like this even if she was close to being heartless. as I pulled my legs underneath me, “Please.”

She nodded her head and extended her hand out, "let's teleport down to Ouradia. I will explain in detail as we train, and I teach you some of my skills”.

40