Chapter 45 A.O.P Battle of Theramire Pass
1.1k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late upload. I had to rewrite the chapter. I was originally going to write it from one of the combants perspectives, but I had to change it. Also, the first chapter of the ever chosen series has been uploaded on scribble! Enjoy it and let me know what you think.


“Fire.” The six-winged Angel in the lead commanded, and all the angels that floated behind him raised their hands in unison, and large swaths of yellow light shot out towards the lines of demons. Another contingent of Angels flew in behind the mages just as a volley of spells was let loose, and brought to bear bows that were as tall as they were. They drew back the large strings that had arrows that were as thick as tree branches, and with a loud clang, a volley of large arrows flew after the large swaths of magic and towards the line of demons with unerring precision.

The first wave of magic suddenly dissipated as a faint red shield appeared above the line of infantry, and visible shock waves started to fill the air with each consecutive impact. “Forward march!” The demon with six wings that floated above the battlefield called out to the infantry. With a single motion, they began to march. The demons dropped their spears in a deadly line and brought their shields to bear and marched as one. A large handful of the demons that were flying above the army broke off from their battalion and took a position above the lines of the infantry in an equally spaced pattern as if they were guardians watching other their brethren

“Pierce that barrier, don’t let the demons cover the distance!.” The lead Angel clad in golden armor that was sculpted to fit his body perfectly called out to his soldiers. The robe-clad Angels started to summon more magic and increased the bombardment of the shield that protected the Demons. The magic ranging from the appearance of golden swords to hammers rained from the sky and impacted the shield with thunderous booms that left small cracks across its surface.

The mages that protected the marching demons raised their hands as one, and small twinges of blood-red mana with black highlights started to form just inches above their fingertips. The mana started to arc like lightning as it desperately tried to find a place to go. They pointed it in the directions of Angels, and a second later, a line of dark lightning shot out towards the Angels in a brilliant display only to be absorbed by a golden shield that covered the entire front of the Angelic battleline.

“Helios, it seems they are at a standstill, at least in the magical department,” I told him as I crossed my legs and watched as the magical battle still raged on.

“The Angels are superior in the magical field. The Demon Prince is trying to negate that weakness by amplifying the magical defense and closing in on the Angels and bringing them into physical combat, which is where the Demons excel.” He explained to me as he watched the fight closely. I could see that he was bothered that he wasn't fighting on the front lines, but I needed this plan to go off without a hitch, even if it meant having to keep Helios here away from his people.

I glanced back at the screen and saw that the Angels finally managed to break the shield with continuous magical bombardment. Swaths of holy magic tore through the demonic lines wreaking destruction before their mages managed to get another shield back up and in its place. The Demonic infantry reformed and continued its march towards the Angels. The Demon mages sent another batch of dark lightning towards the direction of the Angels in retaliation, and this time the bolts pierced the shield and started dancing through the wave of Angelic infantry with deadly grace. A few soldiers dropped in a heap with small wisps of smoke coming from the open parts of the armor, causing parts of the line to collapse. The Angels reformed their line and dragged the casualties away and readied the spears for the Demons that were about to crash into them.

Angelic mages descended from the floating battalion and started to position themselves above various units, and began casting magic. Soldiers were basked in bright golden light, and weapons become enshrouded in white fire. Everyone started to stand taller and grip their weapons tighter, and some of the soldiers that stood with smoke wafting from their armor stood straighter, and the smoke stopped shortly after.

“And here comes the rough part. I am not sure of the outcome of this fight so far. The Angels started to stack buffs on the main infantry, and once the fighting begins, it's going to get brutal.” Helios told me as he leaned forward and watched the fighting start to unfold as the Demons crashed into the Angel’s lines. Spears broke against armor, and both sides began to fight to a standstill. The occasional arc of dark lightning would shoot across and bounce between friend and foe alike, killing everything it touched mindlessly. Then a wave of brillant gold would shoot across the Angels lines in turn, in an attempt to counter the damage done by the Demons.

Both factions' mages were dragged from the skies if they were caught and buried under a flurry of blades. The fighting grew intense as spears were dropped, and swords were drawn, and soon the sound of metal striking metal filled the air. The sky slowly began to darken as storm clouds started to get closer to the land, and the wind picked up, causing the grass to bend as if they were weeping for the death that was occurring around it.

Cries and screams filled the room as I watched the battle unfold, and I felt unnerved. Was I just a god, using these mortals as playthings to further my own goals? I pondered the thought for a moment and glanced over to Helios to see how he was doing.

He had his fist clenched tightly and was watching the battle unfold. His jaw was taut, and he seemed to be tense. I don’t blame him. His people were dying, and he wasn’t there to help. At least not yet. I glanced over to Nemesis, and she was watching the battle almost enthralled as the sides kept pushing and pulling.

“Okay, Helios, you are up. Go get em.” I told him as I crossed my legs and sat back in my seat and placed my elbow on the armrest, and used my arm to prop my head up. Helios didn’t even reply as he vanished into the air.

“Nemesis. Allow me to explain your role in all of this now; I'll send a mental message to Helios and Eros to inform them of the change.” She tore her gaze from the video playing and nodded her head.

“I understand. I will do my best, father.” Nemesis told me as she stood up and changed her robes into a set of light armor that was storm grey and framed her petite form. She had a cloak that hung from across her back that was almost tar black. She pulled her hair up into a tight bun and adjusted her lower grieves and attached her artificer to her arm before she sat back down.

“Thank you, Nemesis,” I told her as I shifted my attention back to the screen. Helios had yet to appear, but the Angels were being pushed back by the wave of demon infantry. Bodies lay strewn across the ground, and blood ran in rivers as the savage fighting of the Demons repelled the Angels ground forces.

But just as everything seemed lost, a large horn sounded and echoed across the landscape. The sea of bloodied gold parted for Helios as he walked from the back lines. He stood a full two heads taller than anyone else that was present on the battlefield. His purple cape fluttered behind, and his ornate armor glittered in the fading sun. Upon his head was a golden crown wreathed in holy fire and above that sat his Halo as a mark of his status. His face was locked in a resolute stare as he pushed past his Angels and marched towards the front line. The sky slowly grew darker as the storm clouds moved in, but the air around him grew brighter as he turned his aura up higher.

All the angels that were currently present gazed at him in reverence before renewing the fight with increased vigor. “For the Arch-Angel!” The battle cry roared out, and the lines pushed forward as one, throwing the demons back. Helios took another step forward, and the Angels began parted to allow him to move more freely. He extended his massive wings outwards, and with a mighty heave, he shot up into the air, and the front line of the Angels stepped forward and cut down the row of demons. With his appearance, the tides were changing, and that was exactly what I wanted to happen.

34