Chapter 46 A.O.P Battle of Theramire Pass
913 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join my discord! 

https://discord.gg/CWDycd8


Helios kicked his giant wings once more as he rose into the sky and then fell like a hawk diving for prey. He landed in the ground with a sonic boom, and two demons were crushed under his fist as he landed. I grimaced as my body felt the echoing pains. That Angel could throw a punch, and I pity anyone or anything that has to feel his fist. He stood up and gave his wings a strong beat, and the Demons that surrounded him fell backward as a gust of wind knocked back, even the strongest of their kind.

He gave the Demons a wicked grin and began strolling through their lines. With a backhand, he sent a larger demon flying through the air. With a jab, he ended another's life in a split second. He was a walking machine of death, and the Demons fell before him in doves. The Angels began to rally behind Helios and were moving with renewed vigor and were cleaning up the stragglers as Helios continued his stroll of death.

The Angels battle line as a whole managed to reform and were slowly pushing the Demons back on all fronts. The mages above were increasing the magical barrage and were close to piercing the second shield once more. Panic broke out across the Demons lines as morale was starting to drop.

“It's amazing how much one person can change the course of a fight.” I mused to myself. Nemesis nodded her head.

“Helios is an Arch Angel, and not only that but is also a deity. It's only natural that he would change the course of the fight by himself.”

“Fair enough,” I replied to her. While the battle was still going and I had time, I should brush up on my Nephilim lore.

“So Nemesis, what is the ranking Hierarchy of Nephilim?”

She looked thoughtful for a moment as she crossed her legs. “Well, I don’t know much in that regard, Lucifer hasn't touched on that much. The only thing that I do know is that seven wings designate a king or queen. But if you manage to get eight, you become an Emperor. After that, I am not sure.” She trailed off as she became lost in thought about her race.

I ran my finger across my lower lips as I started to think about it. I need to add the Nephilim to Ouradia soon. The only issue is that I will bring some unwanted attention to myself if anyone found out about it. The more important question is if I should seed them in with the Angels or Demons or find a separate place to create them and let them exist on their own.

After much thought, I decided it would be best to seed them with the other two. The three species have always been splintered and at war with each other, at least through the history that I was aware of. So it makes me curious about what they could accomplish if all three were working together. I would put the seeds down after this fight; that way, we could work on uniting everyone under one banner, and that would negate having to do something drastic like this again. Though it may be hard to accomplish, but it would be worth a shot.

That only left two races for me to drop onto Ouradia. I had the Celestial Nephilim, which I will add in eventually, I just want to make sure the time is right for it. As for the voiding, I'm not sure if I want to use them or not. They might be for when I get another planet under my control, but I will work on that later.

I tore myself from my thoughts and went back to the battle. Helios managed to rally the Angels behind him fully and have fractured the Demon line. Craters lined the ground from the magical barrage and had faint wisps of smoke emanating from the ground. The grass was painted red with the blood that was pouring from the bodies. The sky finally finished darkening as storm clouds finished moving above the battlefield, and peels of thunder roared out as it started to drizzle in a light mist that caused the blood to become looser and flow more freely from both the living and the dead.

Helios stood proud and was covered in blood. His armor was dented and scratched, and his eyes were alight with righteous fire as he basked in the light rain. The Angels behind him were roaring in triumph and clashing their weapons against their shields and calling out taunts to the demons as they fled from the battle.

I quickly scanned over the demons lines and saw twenty Demons mages on the ground. They were prostrated and had their hands clasped in prayer. More and more demons that were away from the front line started to drop in prayer, and a low chant started to fill the air.

“Eros come. In our greatest time of need come to us. The Angels have breached the front line, and our race is on the verge of extinction. Eros, we beseech thee. Come. Let our blood of sacrifice act as your catalyst. Let the souls of our fallen empower you. Come, Eros.” A large magical formation started to appear under the feet of the Demons and began to rotate outwards. It began as a triangle that turned slowly, and then another one appeared and expanded outwards and rotated the opposite direction. More and more shapes started to appear, and the red light began to grow in intensity and power. I was not planning on that happening, but I might as well roll with it. I will have to investigate what this is after the fight has concluded.

The demons renewed their efforts as the magical formation grew in size as they desperately tried to fight the angels off. Eros, it's your time to shine. Just do as we planned. I sent the message to him just as another peel of thunder shook the land, and an arc of lightning danced through the sky. The mist turned into a torrential downpour as the atmosphere started to become denser and magical power filled the air.

Another thunderous boom shook the land, and mana started to rise from the ground in small clumps of red liquid and soared towards the sky, bringing along with it the blood of the fallen. The drops turned into streams, and the streams turned into rivers, and they flooded into the sky and condensed into a giant floating sphere that grew larger by the second.

“My children. You have called, and I have heard. Fear not for I have arrived.” Eros’ voice boomed across the land, and everyone gazed at the sphere of mana in awe. Every one except Helios who stood with his arms crossed and a bored look plastered on his face.

The sphere began to rotate faster and faster, and a vague outline started to appear before the mana imploded with a bone-shattering crack that revealed Eros’ form. He was clad in massive metal plate armor that was painted a faint shade of red with black trim. The armor was heavy, but it still allowed for freedom of movement. It hung from his frame and gave him the appearance of being twice as large as he was.

Slung across his shoulder was a large lance that had a long hilt that was composed of gunmetal grey steel with black leather. The handle extended up and started to taper off to a sizeable broad point that was hollowed out towards the center. A single red gem was attached to the center just under the hollowed portion of the blade. A small ribbon was tied off near the thinner part of the blade and danced softly in the wind.

His helm fit over his head and had a pair of horns that curled up towards his fiery halo. The helmet curved down towards the nape of his neck in a smooth curve. His long black hair flowed out from behind his helm and fluttered in the wind. The centerpiece was open and revealed his pale flawless face and his blazing red eyes. He gazed over the battlefield, and the Angels stopped fighting and gazed up at him with no little amount of fear in their eyes. The Demons dropped to their knees in reverence for their king has come to save them.

He swung his lance out and looked over the battlefield with disgust lining his face. “Pathetic, all of you.” He then pointed the lance at Helios, and the tip started to glow as he funneled mana into it. “And you prepare yourself,” He hissed out through gritted teeth. The next phase of my fight was about to occur.

34