Chapter 51 Age of Preparation
999 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am currently working on increasing chapter release rates from one to two chapters a week. Maybe even three if I can manage it. Since I know that some of you enjoy this story a lot. 

 Patreon: Consider joining my Patreon! I have a 5$ tier that gives access to another chapter immediately after I post one. https://www.patreon.com/silentoverseer 

Discord:/discord.gg/UCuHcbw


After looking through the list, nothing seemed to interest me, other than the three options that I saw before. But which material would be the best bet? I want Ziva to be somewhat protected while she is out adventuring, so I guess the spider silk would be the best bet.

After finalizing the choice, I decided that since I did not have anyone who could make this specifically, that I would spawn in the materials that I would need. However, I could give ferrarus the metals so he could work them. The first order of business would be to create the cloak. I rifled through my menu and brought up an editor in the artifact tab.

The first option was to name the item. It was going to be a cloak, but what would be a proper name for it? I wanted something that sounded powerful for an item like this. Raiment of the Gods? No, that seemed a tad bit too edgy. At least for me anyway. The Cloak of the Everchosen? That sounds a little more down to earth than anything else, though not as flashy or powerful as I wanted. Heh, I probably shouldn’t have said that, considering I’m not on earth anymore. That thought made me a little sad. And slightly homesick. I missed my parents and my friends, and sometimes I felt like this was all a dream and that I would wake up in my bed.

I spent a few moments reminiscing before I turned my attention back to the screen. I imputed the name into the system. Now wasn’t a time to be lost in memories. The screen blinked for a second before a blank screen appeared, and a list of hundreds of items appeared in an index. I quickly scrolled down the list and located a cloak and selected it, and then I had to go through another list of materials until I found the spider silk that I was looking for.

Once I selected that, the cloak took on a more shiny and vibrant appearance than before. The menu also changed slightly, and on the corner, a zero appeared. That was the creation point counter. The cost would go up with the amount of stuff I added to the cloak. I glanced over at my inventory screen to take a look at how many creations points that I had amassed recently. I was sitting at three hundred. I skimmed through and saw that I would have had around eight hundred and fifty more, but Helios transferred them out of inventory and labeled it as control room expenses. It's good to see that everything is going as planned.

I turned my attention back to the screen. Now I get to design this cloak. I spawned in a model to equip in on and to get a feel how it would look. The model that was generated was the average height of all beings on Ouradia, which was one point seven six meters, or roughly five feet and six inches tall. The cloak went down to just below the knee cap and had a spare piece of fabric that was wrapped around the next like a scarf. The light caught it in such a way that it seemed to glitter slightly as it was covered in dew. The color of the silk was a soft beige with hints of its original silver color.

I looked at the cloak and thought over what I could do to change it. The length was perfect, so I had no complaints there. I know for a fact that this color was not great at all. I always hated beige as a color. It was just so ugly and gross, and it should never have existed. I brought up a list of dyes that I could use and mindlessly scrolled through them. I am naturally inclined to purple as a color, so I selected it, and I painted the entire cloak. There, that was much better, but I still felt like it was lacking. I went through the dyes and picked out a very light ice blue and started to place in various spots around the cloak giving it a beautiful and ominous appearance. It was a bit like looking into the cosmos, though nowhere near as extreme.

After painting over the cloak, I stopped to look it over. I was pleased with what I saw. I shifted around the silk that bunched up at the neck and moved it more towards the left. Since it was more open than most other forms of a cloak, I added in a button on the lapel just under the fabric that was bunched up, and a few more sporadically down the open areas, though I did my best to blend them in and made them easy to slip off for ease of use. I added in a small weave under the fabric just for some added warmth, and an extra layer of protection, only as a backup. I looked around the cloak and was content with the appearance of it. Now that I finished with that, it was time to add in the enchantments.

Once I confirmed this screen, another appeared before me. This time it was a long list of enchantments and on the bottom was the number eight thousand, and it was labeled power budget. I see, so the more potent the enhancement, the more power budget it takes up. So, I should look through and see what enchantments I could add-in.

There were hundreds of excellent options to choose from here. They ranged from increasing spell casting speed to base movement speed; there were even enchantments to improve sexual performance. That one got a good chuckle from me, but sorry, Ziva. You are not getting that one from me. But I need to give it a blend of enchantments from spell casting speed to martial art buffs since all the deities have a wide variety of skills. Looking from the top, I went through the slow, meticulous job of selecting a few enchantments that would fit.

Enchantment of the living fabric: Grants the material a sense of self and allows it to repair itself over time, at the cost of mana. +400

Accolade of the Spell Singer: Grants a 60% increase cast speed to spells. +800

Indefatigable mind: Grants a 200% increase to stamina regeneration. Stacks with other bonuses. +900

Virtuoso of the blade: Grants 50% Increase damage to blade attacks. Consecutive attacks after the first increase damage by 10% as a stacking effect up to six times. + 1000

Scion of the gods: Applies a 40% damage increase to all abilities gifted by the gods. +400

Heart of Vitality: Grants 200% Increase to health regeneration. Stacks with other bonuses +900

Mind of the Sempiternal Arch-Mage: Grants 200% mana regeneration. Stacks with other bonuses +900

Visage of the Metal Hierophant: Grants the material that this enchantment is cast on an increased 150 armor rating and raises strike, stab, and pierce resistances by 30%. +500

Visage of the lost omni-elemental: Grants the material that this is cast on Increased magic resist rating by 150. Increases resist against al forms of magic damage by 30%. +500

I let out a low whistle as I read over the stuff that I chose. This is too strong to give as a gift for now, at least at her level. I think that this will be a gift to her if she completes her quest. If she fails and dies, then I guess her successor will get it instead. Though I do hope she succeeds. I still had some points left over, but if I need to, I'll remake it and add more stuff in later. I confirmed everything, and I glanced at the price that it would cost to create and place on Ouradia; this thing was going to cost me almost two hundred and fifty creation points. That was so expensive. I bit my lip and confirmed the choice.

A bright flash blinded me for a split second. While I was squinting my eyes in pain, I felt the cold touch of a fabric grace my fingertips. When the light vanished, I had to wipe away my teary eyes before I could see anything else. In my hand sat the cloak that I just made. It was so soft to the touch and held a coolness like a fresh pillow. I ran my fingers over the surface of it, and as I did that, an idea came to mind. Why don’t I use this until Ziva completes her quest? It will be a nice boost to my resources.

I stood up and wiped the cloak around and placed it over my shoulders.

You have equipped an Artifact. Would you like to soul bind it?

No, most definitely not. I am just going to wear this temporarily, and since I know I can do this, I might make some clothing to bolster my stats, though it's going to cost me a pretty penny. After settling in on my shoulders, I felt a wave of power course through me, and I felt more alive than I ever have before. It was an almost addictive feeling to have. I may rename this cloak and make something entirely different for the Everchosen instead, but I'll decide on that later.

I glanced over to Ferrarus and saw that he had the weapons set to the side and was working on the last bits of armor. I think I will take a walk around the control room and see what’s new while I am waiting.

27