Chapter 10, Section 010: Thundering Infernal Vine
300 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The muffled thunder was different from the previous ones, making Yu Yuanzhen instantly vigilant and protectively placing Tiankong behind him.

In just a moment, a vine flashing with deep blue lightning appeared in front of them.

It seemed to possess intelligence, circling around Yu Yuanzhen and Tiankong twice as if to ascertain something.

"Hmm? A millennium-old lightning vine?" Yu Yuanzhen said with some confusion.

He had not seen this vine before and simply thought it was a mutated vine.

A plant-based soul beast with the attribute of lightning, as rare as those with the attribute of fire.

Tiankong said nothing.

For some reason, the "lightning vine" seemed familiar to Tiankong, as if he had heard of its notorious reputation somewhere before.

After a brief thought, Tiankong's eyes lit up. If he was not mistaken, the name of this "lightning vine" should be the Thundering Infernal Vine! According to legend, when the Thunder God of the Douluo Divine Realm died in a shocking battle, the Thundering Infernal Vine appeared with the demise of the god.

This Thundering Infernal Vine naturally possesses intelligence and a "lightning attraction" trait—it becomes stronger with each lightning strike.

Born from the thunder, it strengthens in thunder, and finally dissipates into ashes within the thunder.

This is the life of the Thundering Infernal Vine.

Hearing Yu Yuanzhen’s words, this Thundering Infernal Vine was only a millennium old, yet why did it appear here?

"Could it be that the Thundering Infernal Vine is here in the Sunset Forest to absorb a soul ring as its second soul ring?" Tiankong thought secretly.

The Thundering Infernal Vine is one of the top-tier plant-based soul beasts, making others like the Blue Silver Emperor insignificant in comparison.

Its attribute of lightning is also of the highest caliber, nearly reaching the "ultimate lightning."

At that moment, the Thundering Infernal Vine stopped—it had found its target! The attraction of that surge of thunderous power was immensely strong.

The Thundering Infernal Vine slowly moved closer to Tiankong, its blue thunder becoming even more violent, as it became more excited.

"Is it targeting me? Could it be attracted by the thunder attribute of the Engulfing Lightning?" Tiankong wondered with some confusion.

Yu Yuanzhen's expression changed. Although this plant-based soul beast was unusual, it was just a mere millennium-old soul beast before.

It dared to plot against his grandson right in front of him!

"Grandpa, this is the Thundering Infernal Vine, it’s very powerful. I think it should be my second soul ring!" Tiankong’s voice came just as Yu Yuanzhen was about to slice the Thundering Infernal Vine into pieces.

Yu Yuanzhen paused, the Thundering Infernal Vine?

What kind of soul beast was that?

Although he did not understand, Yu Yuanzhen acknowledged Tiankong’s claim that the beast was very powerful.

Judging by the thunder emanating from it, it was far more powerful than the usual millennium soul beasts.

Yu Yuanzhen nodded, then instantly completed his martial soul possession and struck at the Thundering Infernal Vine…

For ninety-six level Yu Yuanzhen, subduing a millennium soul beast was as easy as flipping his hand!

In a flash, the Thundering Infernal Vine was subdued single-handedly by Yu Yuanzhen.

"Sending the vine a thousand miles, the gift is heavy, as is the sentiment even more so!"

Tiankong didn't know how far the Thundering Infernal Vine had traveled before it came to him.

Even though it was suppressed by Yu Yuanzhen, the Thundering Infernal Vine continued to struggle fiercely. Despite its intelligence, it was only a thousand-year-old vine; how high could its intelligence really be?

In its mind, Tiankong was like a potent medicine, beneficial to consume! By devouring the lightning within Tiankong, it could undoubtedly take a significant leap forward on its path to "leveling up."

Seeing this, Tiankong produced the Engulfing Lightning in his hand, while the fully charged Wheel of Hundred Eyes formed a single stripe pattern on his back. He drew all the energy from the Wheel, directing it into the Engulfing Lightning.

The Engulfing Lightning did not disappoint Tiankong; it flickered with purple lightning, combining the blade with the lightning, its might causing even ordinary Soul Honors to tremble in fear.

It should be noted that when the Wheel of Hundred Eyes reached full energy, it meant the energy it contained was equivalent to all of Tiankong's soul power.

This strike was equivalent to Tiankong using all his soul power in one blow!

With the appearance of the Engulfing Lightning, the subdued Thundering Infernal Vine struggled even more fiercely.

Suddenly, holding the Engulfing Lightning, Tiankong paused and said to Yu Yuanzhen, "Grandpa, it has no roots. How should I kill it?"

Yu Yuanzhen glanced at the Thundering Infernal Vine. Unlike ordinary plants, it had no roots, making it somewhat difficult to kill and harvest its soul ring.

"Maybe chopping it into pieces or grinding it to dust should do the trick!" Yu Yuanzhen said somewhat uncertainly.

The Thundering Infernal Vine, about the size of a child's arm, couldn't fight back while suppressed in Yu Yuanzhen's hand.

Perhaps hearing Yu Yuanzhen's words, the vine became even more furious. A muffled thunder sounded in the sky, followed by a lightning strike that hit both Yu Yuanzhen and the vine directly.

Yu Yuanzhen was unfazed. "This little thing can also attract lightning?"

It felt similar to that great figure, but there was a difference—the lightning it attracted struck itself!

The lightning did not affect either Yu Yuanzhen or the Thundering Infernal Vine much, with Yu Yuanzhen absorbing part of it, leaving the vine unharmed.

"It seems quite suitable for Tiankong."

Yu Yuanzhen seemed to think of something and smiled at Tiankong.

If Tiankong could inherit this lightning-attracting trait after absorbing the Thundering Infernal Vine's soul ring, that would be great!

"Grandpa, are you alright?" Tiankong, startled by the sudden lightning, instinctively stepped back and asked.

Yu Yuanzhen shook his head. Being a "Lightning Law King" himself and having used lightning for cultivation before, this bit of thunderous force didn't impact him much.

"That's good, that's good."

Tiankong breathed a sigh of relief, raised the fully charged Engulfing Lightning, and swung it towards the Thundering Infernal Vine, planning to chop it into pieces. If it didn't die from that, then they would have to grind it to dust!

With several swift slashes from Tiankong and Yu Yuanzhen's cooperation in maneuvering the vine, the Thundering Infernal Vine was quickly cut into several segments.

Its "blood" was a deep blue color.

"Grandpa, we can collect this blood. It's very beneficial for soul masters who cultivate the lightning attribute."

Even though the Thundering Infernal Vine was now in several pieces, it was not completely dead, but it had lost its ability to fight.

"Oh, it has such miraculous effects?"

Yu Yuanzhen was initially surprised, then quickly took out a jade bottle. After a moment's thought, he poured out the liquor inside onto the ground—although the small amount of alcohol wouldn't affect him, he didn't want to set a bad example for Tiankong, in case he started drinking in the wilderness too.

Seeing this, Tiankong was somewhat bemused…

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

11