Chapter 58: Refining the Fire Seed
117 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 58: Refining the Fire Seed

This kid, did he really start living off a rich girl? Su Yun felt a twinge of envy.

Honestly, a rich loli is quite tempting.

If he had the surname Xiao, maybe at four years old, he really would have tried to latch onto those coattails.

But alas, there are no 'ifs', and that ship has sailed for him.

Su Yun shook this thought from his mind.

His progress in cultivation over the years had given him some confidence. With his foresight and the system's capabilities, he too had the qualifications to reach the top.

A rich loli, after all, would only slow down his cultivation speed.

Su Yun flew back home, his dou qi significantly depleted. Sitting cross-legged, he restored his dou qi to its peak, then entered the system space.

The body of the Amethyst Winged Lion King was enormous; his small courtyard couldn't possibly accommodate it.

For Su Yun, the system space was the safest place.

Extracting the fire seed from the Amethyst Winged Lion King was a lengthy and tedious process, and any disturbance could easily ruin it.

Therefore, Su Yun planned to do the extraction in the system space.

Upon entering the system space, the massive body of the Amethyst Winged Lion King came into view, looking like a small mountain from Su Yun's perspective.

Compared to it, Su Yun seemed quite small.

Picking up the remains was indeed a delightful task. Su Yun looked at the giant beast before him and nodded in satisfaction.

Su Yun prepared himself, sat down cross-legged, his dou qi boiling, surging through his meridians, creating a faint sound as it passed through his body.

He placed his palm on the blood-covered body of the Amethyst Winged Lion King, closed his eyes, and mobilized his soul power.

Using both dou qi and soul power, he guided the purple fire spread throughout the Amethyst Winged Lion King's body in one direction.

A faint purple glow emitted from the body of the Amethyst Winged Lion King, its temperature slowly rising.

Su Yun furrowed his brows, focusing all his attention on the Amethyst Winged Lion King, not daring to relax in the slightest.

He gradually increased the transfer of dou qi and soul power, a significant undertaking.

An ordinary Great Dou Shi wouldn't be able to accomplish this.

But Su Yun, having lived two lives, had naturally strong soul power, further enhanced by practicing the Soul Technique.

His soaring soul power was beyond what any fourth-grade alchemist could contend with.

With the fire-handling experiences of Yao Lao and the Pure Lotus Demon Saint, he could fully utilize his dou qi and soul power, wasting not a bit.

All these factors combined allowed him to extract the fire seed from a sixth-rank demonic beast, despite being just a Dou Grandmaster.

As time passed, Su Yun's dou qi rapidly depleted, sweat beading on his forehead.

He moved his teeth slightly, swallowing all the Qi-Returning Pills he had prepared in his mouth.

After some more time, the purple fire within the Amethyst Winged Lion King was nearly all gathered.

Su Yun gritted his teeth; this was the final step. He had smoothly gone through the process so far and couldn't afford to fail now.

"Condense!"

Su Yun shouted lowly, intensifying the input of soul power and dou qi. A point of light with purple flames rose from the body of the Amethyst Winged Lion King.

Seeing this, Su Yun was overjoyed with success! He carefully stored it in a specially made jade bottle.

Su Yun let out a long breath, his eyes burning with passion.

The realm of Dou Spirit was not far from him now.

Reaching this level, the things he could do would be much more.

First of all, with his breakthrough to Dou Spirit, the dou qi in his body would surge, leading to a significant increase in his strength.

More importantly, at this level, he would be able to concoct fifth-grade medicinal pills!
The Blood Lotus Pill, essential for absorbing the Green Lotus Core Flame, is a fifth-grade medicinal pill!

He had always planned to make a breakthrough to Dou Spirit before heading to the Tagore Great Desert, and the Blood Lotus Pill was one of the reasons.

Although he could use the system's fusion function to create it, it would still require the use of a fifth-grade demon core.

In the Jia Empire, demon cores above the fifth grade were not easy to come by.

Even if he had the financial resources, whether they were available on the market was another matter.

Fifth-grade demonic beasts, equivalent to Dou Kings in the realm of humans, were scarce in the Jia Empire.

And he hadn't yet cultivated any Earth-grade Dou Techniques, still waiting for a fifth-grade demon core to fuse one for himself.

After setting the jade bottle aside, Su Yun swallowed some more Qi-Returning Pills to restore his dou qi to full capacity.

Once restored, he began searching for herbs in the system space.

The beast flame extracted from a sixth-grade demonic beast, even if it couldn't rival the Heavenly Flames, was not something a Dou Grandmaster could absorb unprepared.

The second-grade medicinal pills he used before to absorb two fourth-grade beast flames, the Vein Protecting Pill and the Ice Heart Pill, were no longer effective, their grade being too low.

He planned to concoct a fourth-grade medicinal pill, one that could form a thin layer of ice within a Dou Practitioner's body, more than sufficient to refine this purple flame.

Su Yun searched carefully, then suddenly his face showed consternation.

He had enough herbs, but lacked a demon core; the pill required a fourth-grade ice attribute demon core.

A fourth-grade demon core was manageable, but the ice attribute was a different story.

Sighing, Su Yun realized he would have to find a fourth-grade demonic beast.

Life, it seemed, was a lesson that took a lifetime to learn; after all the twists and turns, he was back to square one.

The day was already too late, as night had fallen.

After practicing for the night and resting a while, Su Yun headed back into the Demonic Beast Mountain Range the next day.

In the sky, Su Yun used the Phantom Technique to become invisible, flying with the Purple Cloud Wings.

Su Yun frowned; while there were plenty of fourth-grade demonic beasts, finding an ice attribute one was not easy.

He flew around, looking for lakes and cold, damp places.

Generally, demonic beasts choose their habitats based on their attributes.

For example, fire attribute demonic beasts prefer living in volcanoes or hot areas, earth attribute beasts like to stay in caves or even burrow into the ground.

Naturally, ice attribute demonic beasts prefer icy fields.

However, this wasn't the far north where it's cold all year round, and there were no vast icy fields.

He had to settle for lakes and cold, damp places.

The Demonic Beast Mountain Range was vast, and maintaining the Phantom Decision and Purple Cloud Wings consumed a lot of dou qi.

Therefore, every so often, Su Yun had to return to the system space to recover his dou qi, then resume his search.

After a day of intermittent flying and stopping, Su Yun had not found anything.

But he wasn't discouraged. He returned to his previous routine of searching the Demonic Beast Mountain Range during the day and practicing in the system space at night.

After three days of this routine, a breakthrough finally occurred.

In a gloomy, damp cave, two fourth-grade demonic beasts were residing.

And now, Su Yun stood at the entrance of the cave.

Stepping slowly into the cave, he made no sound, his figure and breath concealed by the Phantom Technique.

(End of Chapter)

=================================================================ย 

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

3