Chapter 59: Fierce Battle
126 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 59: Fierce Battle

Su Yun used his soul perception to check the situation inside the cave.

In Su Yun's soul perception, two formidable auras stood out like torches, extremely conspicuous.

One emitted a bone-chilling cold, like an icy spring, freezing anyone who dared to approach.

The other had a deep and moist aura, resembling a calm lake surface, seemingly tranquil but concealing strong undercurrents.

Su Yun squinted his eyes and made a plan.

Indeed, judging from these two auras' fluctuations and elemental attributes, it seemed to be a fourth-order ice-type magical beast and a fourth-order water-type magical beast.

Facing two fourth-order magical beasts simultaneously, Su Yun felt a surge of determination.

This battle was bound to be intense!

He was fully equipped and ready to challenge opponents beyond his level.

Moreover, with the enemies unaware and himself hidden, he could strike without honor initially.

Su Yun moved silently, not making a single sound within the cave.

He walked deeper into the cave without alerting the two fourth-order magical beasts.

As he entered the cave, a blast of cold air hit him, shrouding the cave in gloom. No sunlight could penetrate inside, and faint dripping sounds could be heard.

The cave was quite spacious, which explained why these two fourth-order magical beasts had chosen it. Su Yun nodded to himself, considering it a favorable circumstance.

There were no other magical beasts in the vicinity, likely because magical beasts possessed a strong territorial awareness. If other magical beasts attempted to approach, these two fourth-order magical beasts would probably drive them away, making Su Yun's task easier.

Furthermore, the cave was sizable with thick rock layers, providing good sound insulation. Therefore, there was no need to worry about other magical beasts being attracted by the upcoming battle.

Approaching the two fourth-order magical beasts, they remained completely unaware of the danger and continued to sleep soundly.

Magical beasts also chose their environments and active times based on their elemental attributes, and it was clear that these two preferred nighttime activities.

Su Yun grinned and took out a black short rod from his spatial storage. The front end of the rod was embedded with a fourth-order fire attribute magic core.

The Qi within his body surged through his meridians like a raging river.

The short rod in his hand emitted a dark red glow, as a formidable Qi gathered within, producing a muffled sound.

It was this sound that finally woke up the two fourth-order magical beasts from their slumber. Their eyes showed a hint of alertness.

They began to move their limbs, attempting to get up.

However, Su Yun had already prepared his xuan-tier high-level martial skill. Without waiting for the two magical beasts to stand up, he struck one of them in the head with the rod.

Xuan-tier high-level martial skill: Flame Sun Staff!

This martial skill involved using a staff-like weapon to condense a massive amount of fire attribute Qi into it and then swing it, producing tremendous destructive power.

Both of these fourth-order magical beasts were snake-like creatures, similar to water snakes from Su Yun's past life, with relatively large bodies.

The power of a fully mastered xuan-tier high-level martial skill was extraordinary. Su Yun's strike landed on the water attribute fourth-order magical beast, which had a reputation for its recovery and endurance but not particularly strong defense.

Without any defenses in place, the magical beast received a full-powered strike from Su Yun, which caused its head to burst open.

Red and white matter sprayed in all directions, staining Su Yun's clothes with blood.

The strike was effective, and Su Yun had yet to reveal a smile when the other fourth-order magical beast, an ice attribute snake-like creature, swung its massive tail toward him with a heavy presence.

Shadow Step!
Su Yun's feet moved in a mysterious pattern, narrowly avoiding the incoming attack.

The massive snake tail landed where Su Yun had originally stood, creating a huge splash of water and causing the ground to shake.

Su Yun licked his dry lips. The fourth-order demon beasts that survived in the depths of this Demon Beast Mountain, secluded from the world, were not to be underestimated.

That last attack, if he hadn't dodged quickly, could have severely injured him.

Su Yun gripped the short rod tightly in his hand.

He could credit the success of the previous strike on the other fourth-order demon beast to this fourth-order magical core weapon.

A fully mastered single Xuan-tier high-level martial skill, a fourth-order magical core weapon, combined with the support of Xuan-tier high-level cultivation techniques, and being an ambush—all these factors contributed to his apparent ease in dispatching the fourth-order demon beast.

However, it didn't mean that fourth-order demon beasts were weak. With his current strength, engaging in a direct battle with a fourth-order demon beast would still require considerable effort.

Su Yun took a stance, his gaze locked firmly on the fourth-order ice snake in front of him. The upcoming battle was likely to be a tough one!

The ice snake's failed attack had left its snake-like pupils filled with anger. Seeing its companion's head explode, the entire snake body shivered with fury.

With a hiss, the ice snake spat out its snake core, which wriggled on the ground, swiftly approaching Su Yun.

A cold look flashed in Su Yun's eyes as he gathered his Qi in his hand.

The ice snake's large snake mouth revealed two sharp fangs, as if it intended to swallow Su Yun in one bite!

The snake head suddenly accelerated, leaving an afterimage in the air as it aimed to bite Su Yun's head.

Su Yun activated his Xuan Shadow Step once again, his footwork moving his entire body slightly to evade this attack.

At the same time, Su Yun's right hand shot toward the ice snake's snake body just as the snake's head was about to strike.

Although the massive snake body appeared cumbersome, it was still agile.

It moved strangely, almost sticking to Su Yun's fist, avoiding the attack, and then began to coil around Su Yun's arm. In the blink of an eye, the entire body of the ice snake was wrapped around Su Yun.

Su Yun's expression changed as he realized the situation. He thought of a term: strangulation!

As expected, in the next moment, the snake body coiled around him immediately exerted force, causing a tight constriction sensation throughout his body.

Although Su Yun remained calm, the demon beast's physical strength was formidable, and attempting to break free with brute force was impossible.

Su Yun's mind raced, and the Qi within his body began to boil. He emitted an intense heat from his entire body.

Two different-colored flames appeared on him, one green and one pink.

Simultaneously, a layer of armor and a protective shield manifested around him.

Flame Shield! Qi Armor!

With these two layers of protection, the pressure on Su Yun's body disappeared immediately.

The ice snake's face contorted in pain as the two flames burned its body.

However, it didn't want to miss this opportunity. Enduring the burns, it exerted force once again.

For a while, Su Yun and the snake remained in a deadlock. As time passed, the ice snake voluntarily withdrew its coiled body from Su Yun and moved to a distance.

Su Yun also sighed in relief, retracting the Flame Shield but maintaining the Qi Armor.

Fourth-order demon beasts were indeed not to be underestimated.

Moreover, snake-type demon beasts had agile and flexible bodies. The Eight Extremes Smash, which had always been unbeatable in the past, failed for the first time.

It was fortunate that the two types of elemental flames Su Yun previously considered mediocre had proven to be effective.

Su Yun frowned; this magical core would probably not be easy to obtain.

(End of this chapter)

==================================================================

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

4