Chapter 68: Negotiation
86 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 68: Negotiation

A flash of fear and desolation passed through Hai Bo Dong's eyes.

Feeling the injuries on his body and the seal in his dantian, Hai Bo Dong's face showed a hint of bitterness.

Is this where it ends?

Although he survived, he understood that in his current state, he was no match for Su Yun.

Su Yun withdrew his fist, shaking his arm. The Xuan Bing Shield did have some effect; the recoil force had made his left hand a bit sore.

Su Yun looked at Hai Bo Dong gasping on the ground, nodding in satisfaction.

He had already broken through to the Dou Spirit level and had been strengthened by the "Barbarian Bull Strength". His current strength was not comparable to when he was just a nine-star great Dou Master.

If he were to fight that ice snake now, it would take less than three rounds to slay it with his sword.

Feeling the power in his body, Su Yun's eyes flashed with fervor.

He had tasted the sweetness of refining his body with martial arts.

"Barbarian Bull Strength" had enhanced his physical body, not just in terms of strength. As his physical strength increased, so did his speed, significantly boosting his overall capabilities.

Su Yun sheathed his red sword and slowly approached Hai Bo Dong.

"Mr. Hai, I apologize for my disrespect this time."

Saying this, Su Yun took out a bottle of pills for internal injuries from his system space.

He had already shown mercy.

The Eight Extreme Explosion he just used didn't carry its hidden strength.

Otherwise, even if blocked by the Xuan Bing Shield, the hidden force would have stayed in Hai Bo Dong's arms.

Once detonated, Hai Bo Dong would have been left crippled.

Hearing this, Hai Bo Dong was stunned, his hand covering his chest lowered, pointing at Su Yun with a trembling finger.

"You, how do you know my identity?"

Su Yun smiled slightly, without answering, and helped Hai Bo Dong up.

"Mr. Hai, don't be nervous. I mean no harm."

No harm, yet you beat me like this.

Hai Bo Dong muttered in his heart but didn't speak out loud, fearing Su Yun might kill him with a punch.

After helping Hai Bo Dong to a chair, Su Yun sat opposite him.

"Now, Mr. Hai, can we have a proper conversation?"

Hai Bo Dong snorted coldly.

"Hmph, just say whatever you want to say."

Hai Bo Dong also understood by now that this mysterious individual must need something from him.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have acted this way.

With this realization, Hai Bo Dong breathed a sigh of relief.

He, too, was someone who cherished his life; who would choose death if they could live?

"Hehe, Mr. Hai, I've come here to make a deal with you."

Hai Bo Dong opened the jade bottle and swallowed the pills Su Yun had given him.

Although his strength was gone, his eyesight hadn't diminished in the slightest.

This was a fourth-grade healing medicine. He had taken many of these when he was younger; it wasn't anything poisonous.

And if this person wanted to kill him, it would only take a punch, no need for such hassle.

Without suspicion, he directly swallowed the pill.

Feeling the injuries in his body ease and no longer worsening, Hai Bo Dong sighed in relief and spoke.

"What deal do you have in mind?"

"I heard you have an Ice Flame Grass and a fragment of a map. I need these items. Additionally, I wish to search for a Heavenly Flame in the Tagore Desert and need Mr. Hai's assistance."

Hai Bo Dong frowned, pondering for a moment before speaking.

"What do I get in return?"

"I will find a way to help you restore your Dou Emperor cultivation."

Hai Bo Dong's eyes widened, and he slammed the table.

"You're trying to swindle me. You want so much from me just by saying you'll find a way to help me. That's impossible."

Su Yun smiled, removed his face armor, revealing a youthful face to Hai Bo Dong.

Of course, this wasn't his real appearance.

Hai Bo Dong, looking at the young man before him, was somewhat shocked.

How could someone so young...?

"What does Mr. Hai suggest, then?"

Hai Bo Dong took a deep breath, suppressing his emotions.

"I want you to go to the Tagore Desert for me to find a herb, the Sand Mandala. Additionally, find me a six-star alchemist who possesses a Heavenly Flame."

Su Yun nodded.

"Okay."

Seeing Su Yun agree so readily, Hai Bo Dong was taken aback.

"Young man, do you understand the difficulty of this task? The Sand Mandala is deep in the Tagore Desert, guarded by numerous snake people. Even as a Dou Spirit, you might not come back unscathed. And a six-star alchemist with a Heavenly Flame is even harder to find. In the entire Jia Ma Empire, only Alchemy King Gu He is a six-star alchemist, and he doesn't possess a Heavenly Flame."

Su Yun shook his head with a smile.

"Mr. Hai, rest assured. Since I have promised, I will not go back on my word. However, I need you to give me the Ice Flame Grass first and help me find the Heavenly Flame in the Tagore Desert."

Hai Bo Dong frowned.

"No, you first bring me the Sand Mandala and the six-star alchemist with a Heavenly Flame."

Upon hearing this, the smile on Su Yun's face disappeared, and his expression gradually turned cold.

"Mr. Hai seems to be unclear about the situation."

Su Yun spoke calmly, but Hai Bo Dong could sense a chilling seriousness in his tone.

Only then did Hai Bo Dong remember his predicament and chuckled awkwardly.

"Young man, let's talk nicely, why the need for violence?"

As he spoke, Hai Bo Dong took out a herb from his spatial ring โ€“ the Ice Flame Grass Su Yun wanted.

Just as Hai Bo Dong was about to speak, Su Yun snatched the Ice Flame Grass and stored it in his system space.

Hai Bo Dong forced a smile. Now that he was at Su Yun's mercy, he had no choice but to concede.

Seeing Hai Bo Dong's expression, Su Yun snorted coldly.

He was no longer in the mood for niceties. Hai Bo Dong's spatial ring was only a mid-level one and had no ownership binding. If he angered him, Su Yun could easily kill him and take his treasures.

He knew very well that the map indicating the approximate location of the Green Lotus Core Flame was inside.

As for the Green Lotus Core Flame fragment, divided into two by Hai Bo Dong, it was on his chest, carried close to his body.

During the negotiation, Su Yun had already used his system's scanning feature to investigate everything.

He was only being civil at the table because he valued Hai Bo Dong's strength as a Dou Emperor after breaking the seal.

"Young man, now that you've taken the Ice Flame Grass, how about we both make a concession? You first bring me the Sand Mandala, and I'll help you find the Heavenly Flame you want. Then bring me the six-star alchemist with a Heavenly Flame, and I'll give you the other half of the map. The fragment you just took is only half of the whole."

A cold sneer crossed Su Yun's face, his patience almost exhausted.

He stretched out his hand and directly took the other half of the map from Hai Bo Dong's chest, storing it in his system space.

(End of Chapter)

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

3