My SECOND Reminder
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh... No..."

Looking out from the alleyway, the Soul noticed that most people wore outfits nearly as outrageous as hers, and began to breathe normally, she wouldn't be seen as strange in this day and age. Walking out, she was nearly pushed over by a running white blur, an inverted red cross over the chest of the woman in white that ran past the soul.

As the Soul fell over, a hand came up from behind her and caught her, revealing a man in a suit one would normally see on a biker or thug, but was seemingly normal in this city. An inverted cross decorated his chest, but a gentle face looked at the soul, filled her heart with conflict over whether her mission was truly possible.

"Whoa there lady, you need to be more careful, can't have a pretty girl like you getting hurt."

"Thanks, you are?"

Confidently, and with a smile that made him look like a dumb sidekick, the man answered.

"Name's Noir, I work for a gang as a hired killer, it pays well and I'm allowed to take targets I want to take."

Seeing that his sin was less about desire and more greed, the soul became reinforced that her actions are the right ones.

"Violet, I'm looking for a job, I can kill, and I can do so everyday, but only if the person is a sinner."

"And what quantifies a sinner?"

"Greed, Wrath, Lust, Envy, Pride, Gluttony You know your seven deadly sins. Are your bosses hiring?"

"Sadly no, but I can put in a good word, my coworker just ran past, she's currently hunting down a target, wanna join?"

"Are they a Sinner?"

"You bet your sweet lips they are, stole some money from the boss, greedy bastard."

Violet pulled up her scarf, covering her smiling face, and answered.

"I'm in..."

***

"Alright Newbie, this is our target, Richard Goldlewis, he's been ignoring his debt to the boss, and we've been hired to kill him and collect the debt by any means possible."

"Let Violet be Blanc, she needs to learn how we operate, and we need to see how she fights, the boss will be happy if we can bring in a new debt collector for his veritable rainbow of killers. Remember Azure?"

"Shut up Noir, No one needs to know about his betrayal."

Watching the two killers fight, Violet stood slightly taller than the both of them, which surprised both Noir and Blanc, the sinner in white, as both were quite short for their age, but Violet who looked no older than 20 was taller than them.

"Alright Newbie, since you want a job, you'll be in charge of collecting the debt this time, after you get the money, your free to kill the guy or leave him alive, though I recommend killing him to get his stealing ass off the boss' back."

Violet just silently nodded before entering the building, summoning a black and purple sword of energy, but not a normal sword, a whip-sword, one that would serve her well. The first floor was mostly empty with no guards to be found, however, as Violet stepped foot onto the second floor, a large battalion of guards held her at gunpoint.

"Stop right there, you won't get to the boss!"

"He failed to pay his debts, I came to collect them, If I'm gonna let sinners order me around then I can't call myself a grim reaper."

Every member of the guard had the sinner's mark on their chest, removing any remorse Violet may have had for them. Taking the coffin off her back, Violet began to swing her whip-sword towards the guards, her movement too fast for them to see, her blade cutting through almost every guard, only one surviving.

"L-look lady, I'm just following orders, please spare me! I have kids I need to feed!"

"Too Bad... Sinners must repent."

Stabbing the sword through the final guard's head, Violet grabbed the coffin and made her way to the third floor, the final floor in the building and the target's office. Kicking the door open, Violet was greeted by a fat pig like man sitting at a desk, his nervous face telling of his fear of her.

"You're with the Chessboard aren't you? Look, I need more time, I have most of the money, just not all of it."

"Your Greed was your fall Sinner, Repent, Repent and serve your punishment in hell."

As Violet finished her sentence, she cut the target's head off, before suddenly being transported back to hell, the Demoness that she made the deal with standing before her with her back turned.

"Well done Sinner, or should I call you Violet, well either way, good job collecting all these sinners, but my quota was one a day, not 31, so that's a problem."

"Look, I fulfilled your request for today, can I return?"

"Oh no no no, First I must explain some things I forgot to tell you. I'm not The Demoness, though that is a apt description, I'm Lucifer, Satan, The Devil, The Dark Lord, among other names, and you are one of four reapers, one for each direction, Violet you are the Northern reaper. Behind you is the Southern Reaper, Citrinitus, He was made into a reaper about 100 years ago, so play nice."

Turning around, Violet was greeted by a man in a black and yellow trench coat, a cigarette in his mouth, a pistol made of the same energy as her sword at his hip. A black cowboy hat adorned his head, with three large horns sticking out of the hat, he leaned into the whole southern aesthetic and seemed to enjoy his look.

"Howdy Newbie! Welcome to our dysfunctional little family, you'll meet Maggie and Verdant soon, they just had some things they needed to do first. As the newest reaper, you've got first dibs on sinner picks when two of us meet, can't have the newbie failing a week after they become a reaper. You also must respect your elders, we've got more control over our power and could easily remove you from the running. Now, Seeing as you're pretty good at controlling your power, let's spar, I'll refrain from using my gun."

Haring the word spar, Violet just nodded before creating her whip-sword once more. Citrinitus just smirked and waited, as Violet dropped the coffin she carried and began her attack, only for citrinitus to block it with his hand, which was now covered in the same black energy that formed Violet's sword and Citrinitus' gun.

"What..?"

1