Chapter 57: Entering the City
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"Rumble..."

 

There was a burst of thunder in the sky, which scared Colin.

 

Of course, the timing of this muffled thunder was so coincidental that it was difficult to tell whether Colin was frightened by the thunder or Marquis Garcia's words.

 

He suddenly hesitated as to whether he should explain the true origin of the earring to Vera's biological father.

 

Originally, Colin thought that it might not be a big deal if Marquis Garcia misunderstood the relationship between him and Vera.

 

After all, they are just uncle-nephew.

 

but now……

 

He suddenly panicked.

 

It feels like you just hooked up with a girl, only to be blocked by her old father.

 

However, now he finally understood why Marquis Garcia looked at him so differently.

 

Not because of the military talent he showed, nor because he was a secret illegitimate son of the Marquis, but because of Vera!

 

That earring obviously made Marquis Garcia misunderstand that his daughter was deeply in love with Colin, and might even have secretly made a lifelong commitment to him.

 

Therefore, the care he received along the way was actually Marquis Garcia cultivating his future son-in-law...

 

But Colin knew that Vera only had a slight affection for him at the moment.

 

It's not at all the point where I won't marry anyone who isn't my wife.

 

In case the secret is revealed in the future...

 

Seeing Colin's stunned look, Marquis Garcia raised his eyebrows and asked, "What? Are you scared?"

 

"No, no. How could it be...I'm just a little surprised." Colin didn't dare to tell the true origin of the earrings at this moment.

 

What if the Marquis of Garcia thinks that he deliberately concealed it and becomes angry?

 

Moreover, with such a thick leg, Colin didn't know how to hold it tightly until his brain was struck by lightning.

 

"Boom!"

 

A bolt of lightning flashed across the sky, followed by rolling thunder.

 

As if to warn someone.

 

Colin was excited again and quickly changed the topic: "Your Majesty the Marquis, does Miss Vera know that you are..."

 

"She doesn't know." Marquis Garcia shook his head and looked at Colin with a warning look, "Don't tell her, let alone anyone else!"

 

"Yes, yes!" Colin promised again and again.

 

Then, he couldn't help his curiosity and asked: "So, who is Vera's biological mother?"

 

Marquis Garcia raised his brows and said angrily: "It's useless to ask around, you know."

 

Colin's head shrank and he suddenly didn't dare to ask anymore.

 

Although he didn't dare to ask, it didn't mean that Colin didn't dare to think about it.

 

At this moment, he had already imagined a bloody drama in his mind.

 

And Colin found that he could not understand the relationship between Duke St. Hilde and Marquis Garcia more and more.

 

The relationship between the two brothers was already complicated and entangled, but now Vera was added to the mix. Now, Colin was completely confused.

 

Although Marquis Garcia refused to reveal the identity of Vera's biological mother, Colin was certain that she was a great noble.

 

Otherwise, Duke St. Hilde would not agree to adopt Vera.

 

After all, Vera is an illegitimate daughter, which is extremely disgraceful.

 

However, there is a difference between an illegitimate daughter and an illegitimate daughter.

 

If both parents are noble nobles, then her bloodline is actually noble, but the difference is just one status difference.

 

Duke St. Hilde's adoption is equivalent to giving Vera this identity.

 

But did he do this to do his brother a favor? Or do you want to use this to take Vera as a hostage so that you can control your younger brother?

 

Also, why didn’t Marquis Garcia marry Vera’s biological mother?

 

Since she is willing to give birth to a daughter for Marquis Garcia, it means that the two of them must be in love, so it is only possible that external conditions do not allow it.

 

And with the status of Marquis Garcia, there is no woman in the entire Glorious Empire who is not worthy of him. Even if she is a royal princess, marrying him will not be considered an insult.

 

So, what's to stop these two from marrying?

 

Could it be...

 

Colin suddenly thought of a possibility...

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

Just as Colin's gossip fire was blazing, a crisp voice suddenly sounded.

 

Colin turned around and saw Vera standing behind him handsomely.

 

The female mage wore a light blue dress today. Her shimmering golden hair was tied up with hairpins, and she was obviously wearing makeup. Purple eye shadow and crystal red lips made her look even more bright and attractive.

 

"Ahem, Knight Colin and I were talking about the difference between lances and spears." Marquis Garcia told a little lie without blushing or heartbeat.

 

Vera obviously had no interest in this topic of straight men. After saying "oh", she stopped studying in detail and pointed in the direction of Ice Rock City and said:

 

"Uncle, look, the nobles from Ice Rock City have come out, they should be here to greet us."

 

Only then did Colin notice that a team of about a hundred people had left Bingyan City and was heading towards the Black Cavalry camp.

 

A sneer appeared on Marquis Garcia's lips, and he returned to the state of keeping strangers away: "Then let's go too."

 

After saying that, he went out.

 

Vera stuck out her tongue playfully from behind and smiled at Colin again: "Kelin, let's go there too."

 

"Okay." Colin looked at Vera's bright smile, but he couldn't feel relaxed.

 

After all, the other party's real old father is right in front, so of course he can't get along with Vera like before.

 

Moreover, Marquis Garcia has misunderstood their relationship and has cultivated him without reservation for so long. So, if Colin cannot marry Vera in the end...

 

What would Marquis Garcia think?

 

You boy just put up your pants and turned your back on me?

 

Thinking of the horrific scene of the Black Cavalry killing people on the ice field, Colin suddenly felt that he must marry Vera!

 

Otherwise, no matter how many lives he has, it will not be enough for Marquis Garcia to kill him.

 

However, the final decision on Vera's marriage lies with Duke St. Hilde.

 

After all, after the adoption, Vera is legally the daughter of the Duke.

 

Therefore, if Colin wants to marry Vera, he must get the Duke's approval.

 

But if Duke St. Hilde really gets into trouble with Marquis Garcia...

 

So where should Colin stand?

 

Moreover, according to the current development of the situation, the probability of a fight between these two brothers is extremely high!

 

Colin looked at the gloomy sky and felt that his future seemed bleak...

 

"Uncle! Welcome back victoriously!" From a distance, I could hear the loud voice and emotional words of Marquis Charles.

 

He seemed to have completely forgotten that just two months ago, his good uncle forced him to give up his position as marquis in public.

 

"Dear uncle! I also heard about your glorious battle in Ice Rock City..."

 

"Boom!"

 

A flash of lightning flashed, and the heavy rain finally fell.

 

Marquis Garcia took the opportunity to interrupt his eldest nephew's flattery: "It's raining, so don't worry about the welcome ceremony. Let's go directly to the city!"

 

"Okay, okay!"

 

Of course the nobles who came together did not dare to object.

 

At this time, Marquis Garcia, who had returned with a great victory, had become the most prestigious person in the north.

 

Even his brother may not be as good as him.

 

Only Marquis Charles stood aside with a constipated look on his face, somewhat lost.

 

Colin suppressed a smile and suddenly felt sympathy for the actor. It seemed that every time he wanted to perform, something unexpected would happen.

 

But soon, Colin had no time to sympathize with the actor.

 

Because, along with a gust of fragrant wind, a beautiful figure suddenly rushed out from the welcoming team, and then threw herself into his arms.

 

Suddenly, the blood all over Colin's body solidified.

 
0