Chapter 58: Sister
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Nephrite Wenxiang hugged her, but Colin didn't have any charming thoughts.

 

Because, two substantial gazes made him feel like a light on his back.

 

One came from Vera, and the other came from Marquis Garcia.

 

Especially in the latter one, Colin could almost feel the hidden murderous intent of the other party.

 

"Brother, I'm so happy to see you're okay!"

 

Fortunately, the cry of the woman in his arms saved Colin's life.

 

That's right, the woman who pounced on him was Colin's sister, Caitlin Angelet.

 

The two sharp eyes immediately moved away from Colin, but he did not feel relaxed at all.

 

The excessive enthusiasm of the woman in his arms made Colin very uncomfortable.

 

On the one hand, it is because he is not the real Colin, but a time traveler who lives in this body. On the other hand, it is because Colin has always suspected that his sister Caitlin was the murderer involved in his murder!

 

After gently patting his sister on the back, Colin comforted him: "Sister, I'm fine. It's raining so hard, let's go to the city first!"

 

"good."

 

Only then did Caitlin look up from Colin's arms. Her smile was full of tears, and Colin couldn't help but wonder, could this be an actor too?

 

This small episode did not make the welcoming team stop too much, and everyone quickly entered the city.

 

Since the capacity of the Sudo family's castle was limited, and there were too many nobles gathered in Ice Rock City at this time, it was naturally impossible to accommodate everyone in the castle.

 

Therefore, Colin still found the hotel where he stayed when he came last time.

 

As soon as he entered the room, a blue figure sprang out from the corner and threw himself into Colin's arms.

 

This time it's not a person, but a cat.

 

"Haha, I didn't expect you to be still here!" Colin touched Xiao Bai's head, a little surprised.

 

"Meow~~" Xiaobai whimpered a few times, as if complaining that his master wanted to abandon him.

 

"When did you get a cat?" Caitlin looked at her brother with a smile and poured two glasses of water.

 

"I picked it up on the roadside not long ago and kept it." Colin sat down at the table, but did not touch the glass of water.

 

Xiaobai seemed to be thirsty, so he leaned over to Colin's water glass, stuck out his tongue and started licking it.

 

Caitlin frowned and wanted to drive Xiaobai away, but Colin stopped her: "It's okay, let him drink."

 

"You dote on it too much." Caitlin shook her head, feeling helpless.

 

Colin didn't pay attention, but stared at Xiaobai after drinking the water, carefully observing its reaction.

 

"I heard from Steward Aemon that you were assassinated in Graycastle?"

 

"Well, it was Knight Carter who did it. He was killed by me."

 

"That treacherous bastard! Father valued him so much back then." The anger on Caitlin's face didn't look fake at all.

 

"Then what happened next? Why did you leave suddenly without saying goodbye? And why did you follow the Black Cavalry to the ice field?"

 

Colin looked at Xiaobai who looked normal and wondered if he was too sensitive.

 

When he heard his sister's inquiry, he briefly described what happened next.

 

As Colin told the story, Caitlin was sometimes worried and sometimes amazed. She was exactly what a sister who cares about her brother's safety should look like.

 

After Colin finished speaking, Caitlin said in a lecturing tone:

 

"Your behavior of leaving Graycastle alone was too risky. Although you said it was to lure out the murderer hiding in the dark, it was still not appropriate. You should have contacted me as soon as possible!"

 

"Yes, yes! I didn't think carefully." Colin immediately pretended to be a good boy.

 

Seeing that Colin was so obedient, Caitlin let him go and asked, "So, do you have any idea about the person behind the assassination of you?"

 

Colin shook his head, and then observed every subtle expression of his sister.

 

Caitlin frowned, as if she was thinking about who might murder her brother, but after thinking for a long time, she had no clue, so she had to say seriously:

 

"Although I have no clue at the moment, your security must be strengthened. I will contact Knight Raymond and ask him to bring more people to the hotel."

 

"Is Knight Raymond here too? Where is he now?"

 

"The private armies of each lord are concentrated in the military camp in the west of the city. Raymond brought more than 500 people this time, all of whom are private armies of the Angelet family."

 

When Colin heard this, he frowned immediately.

 

Caitlin obviously misunderstood what Colin meant, so she explained: "Don't worry, although there are not many soldiers in Gray Castle, there should be no big problem with Knight Rhaego here."

 

Most of the Angele family's troops were brought to the battlefield by Father Colin, and then naturally they were completely annihilated.

 

This time Raymond brought out another 500 people. According to Colin's predecessor's memory, the remaining troops in Gray Castle were estimated to be less than 100 people.

 

But in fact, what Colin was worried about was not the safety of Graycastle.

 

"Who asked Raymond to bring people to Ice Rock City?"

 

"It's Knight Karn, son of Viscount Sudor."

 

"It's impossible for him to order Raymond to do anything!"

 

"I had returned to Graycastle at that time. After receiving the letter from Knight Karn, I ordered Knight Raymond to bring people to Ice Rock City. I am very worried about your safety."

 

Colin wanted to say that you were not qualified to order Raymond Knight, but he still swallowed the words.

 

Caitlin's behavior was so natural that he couldn't tell whether the other party was really worried about his safety, or whether he was trying to drag the Angele family into trouble.

 

The current Ice Rock City is an extremely dangerous political whirlpool. Although all the northern lords have brought troops, Colin really does not want the Angelet family to get involved.

 

"Okay. I will go find Raymond myself, so you don't have to worry."

 

Colin went to find Raymond himself, of course not for his own protection.

 

In fact, he wished that someone would assassinate him again.

 

This time he must stay alive so that he can interrogate the person behind the scenes.

 

The reason why he wanted to go to Raymond in person was to tell him that no matter what happened in Ice Rock City in the future, the Angele family's army could only obey his orders.

 

No one else, not even Catelyn, has the authority to mobilize this army.

 

He had a hunch that these northern lords had gathered their troops in Ice Rock City and were preparing to cause trouble.

 

And this mastermind behind the scenes is certainly not the weakling of Karn Knight who dare not even go to the battlefield.

 

He is just a puppet pushed to the stage.

 

Just like at the banquet that forced Marquis Charles to give up his title, the Knight of Kahn who stood up was just a stupid young man who didn't know the importance of it.

 

And standing behind him...

 

Colin thought of Count Uman, one of the suspects who murdered him.

 

"By the way, is there any news about my brother-in-law's whereabouts?" Colin suddenly asked.

 

When they met at the Mirror Lake Camp, Knight Raymond once told Colin that his sister's husband, Knight Valla, was the illegitimate son of Count Uman. He originally followed Baron Angele on the expedition, but got separated after the defeat. .

 

Caitlin's eyes turned red instantly and she choked, "Not yet."

 

"Don't worry, my brother-in-law will be fine. We will always find him."

 

Colin was confused for a moment, what's going on?

 

In his opinion, Count Uman's motive for assassinating him was actually to gain a share of the family fortune for this illegitimate son who had no inheritance rights.

 

But I didn't expect...

 

Is the Knight of Valra really in bad luck, or is he also acting?

 
0