Chapter 61: Hunting
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"Whoosh!"

 

"Whoosh!"

 

Two arrows shot out, one hit the hare trying to escape, and the other——

 

Missed.

 

"Ta-ta-ta..."

 

Two people and two horses chased after him. After one of them saw the arrow mark on the hare's leg, he shouted excitedly: "Haha, Colin, I shot it again this time!"

 

Another person shook his head in annoyance and praised: "Miss Vera's archery skills are indeed getting better and better!"

 

Vera raised her little head proudly, and then motioned to the cavalry attendants behind her to come forward and get her prey.

 

"Yeah, it's actually still alive."

 

The hare that was shot in the thigh by an arrow was flapping vigorously in the attendant's hands, as if he still didn't want to accept his fate.

 

Colin was about to go over and give this tenacious little guy a good time, lest Vera's kindness would overwhelm her and stop her from taking action.

 

"Ta-ta-ta..."

 

There was another sound of horse hoofbeats, and the Marquis of Garcia was seen leading a group of cavalry approaching.

 

Seeing the other party returning home with a full harvest, Vera exclaimed in surprise: "Wow, uncle, you have gained so much!"

 

Marquis Garcia smiled indifferently and glanced at Colin: "Of course, after all, no one on our side is letting go."

 

Colin didn't seem to hear the teasing in Marquis Garcia's words, and smiled: "It seems we can have a full meal tonight."

 

"Great." Vera cheered and went to check out Marquis Garcia's prey excitedly.

 

Halfway through, she seemed to remember something. She turned back to the attendant and said, "Let the hare go free. It's too small anyway and doesn't have much meat."

 

"Yes." The attendant looked helpless while carrying the hare that was still flapping.

 

At the same time, I couldn’t help but curse in my heart——

 

One deliberately indulges himself to please others, while the other is kind-hearted and can't bear to kill. Fortunately, there is also the Marquis, otherwise I would be really hungry tonight.

 

 

As night fell, the attendants lit bonfires and began to prepare food.

 

Vera watched Colin take out a burnt black mud ball from the fire, frowned, and questioned: "Is this really edible?"

 

"Of course!" Colin said confidently while peeling off the outer layer of burnt soil and flesh skin:

 

"This is beggar's chicken, oh no, I used deer legs, so it's beggar's deer. Once upon a time, a chef named Huang Rong conquered a strong man from the holy realm with this dish..."

 

"Huang Rong? What a strange name." Vera held her chin in her hands and asked curiously, "What is the name of that strong man from the Holy Realm?"

 

"Uh...forgot."

 

Colin couldn't make it up anymore. The strong men in the holy realm in this world basically all have names. If they continue to talk nonsense, they will be exposed easily.

 

"Okay, don't worry about the minutiae, come and try my beggar deer!"

 

Colin cut a piece of deer leg and handed it to Vera.

 

Vera took a bite carefully, and then looked a little weird.

 

"Isn't it delicious?" When Colin saw this, he cut a piece and put it into his mouth with some guilt.

 

Then, he immediately spat it out: "Bah! It's not cooked enough!"

 

"Giggle..." Vera looked at Colin's embarrassment and suddenly became happy.

 

Just when Colin was thinking about which step he made wrong, the crisp sound of horse hooves suddenly came from outside the camp.

 

A cavalryman quickly approached and placed a letter into the hands of the Marquis of Garcia.

 

When Colin saw this, he immediately realized that it should be news from Ice Rock City, so he also came over.

 

Marquis Garcia did not shy away from him and directly handed the letter into his hands after reading it.

 

Colin took it and scanned it hastily.

 

"What's wrong?" Vera was also a little curious and asked back.

 

Before Colin could speak, Marquis Garcia took the lead and said, "It's okay. Count Dawson sent a letter to inform you about the distribution of the Black Cavalry's spoils."

 

"Oh." Vera obviously had no interest in this, and turned around to continue concentrating on saving the deer leg that Colin had destroyed.

 

Colin said nothing and silently threw the letter into the fire, destroying the body and destroying all traces.

 

Marquis Garcia lied.

 

The content of the letter was not about the distribution of spoils at all, but about the petition from the lords.

 

A petition calling for Charles to be deprived of his title of Marquis has been sent to the Duke of St. Hilde.

 

However, Duke St. Hilde directly rejected the lords' request and ordered all the lords to immediately go to the Golden Lion Legion's station to meet him.

 

Colin did not expect that Duke St. Hilde's attitude would be so tough, with no intention of giving in at all.

 

This simply forced the lords to rebel.

 

Colin glanced at Marquis Garcia again, but there was no emotion or anger on his face.

 

"Lord Marquis, are we ready to return to Ice Rock City?" Colin asked tentatively.

 

They've been out for three days.

 

Moreover, this time when I went out to hunt, it seemed like I was really hunting.

 

But now, the situation in Ice Rock City has reached a point of breaking out, so it's time to go back.

 

"No, Earl Dawson will take care of everything." Marquis Garcia flatly refused.

 

Colin was immediately confused.

 

Is the Marquis prepared to stay out of this?

 

"You two, come and try my roasted deer legs!" Vera seemed to have no idea what was happening in Ice Rock City at this time, still smiling heartlessly.

 

"Okay!" The two men immediately smiled and went to enjoy the food cooked by the beautiful girl.

 

It was as if what happened in Ice Rock City really had nothing to do with them.

 

 

The night was getting darker, and most of the people had gone to bed.

 

Colin couldn't sleep, so he got up and sneaked into the woods far away from the camp, and caught the owl that kept hooting.

 

"Crack!"

 

After breaking the owl's neck, Colin used a dagger to cut off the owl's aorta, and then put his mouth to it.

 

"Gudu... Gudu..."

 

After drinking to his fill, Colin wiped his mouth, buried the owl's body, and returned to the camp.

 

Just as he was about to get into his tent, Colin saw Marquis Garcia walking out.

 

"My Lord Marquis, you can't sleep either?"

 

"Yes." The Marquis nodded towards Colin, "Let's go for a walk together?"

 

"Okay." Colin followed quickly.

 

The two of them walked all the way outside the camp, and the surrounding guards followed quietly, but they were all scattered in the distance.

 

"Are you worried about your sister who stayed in Ice Rock City?" Marquis Garcia spoke first.

 

"Well, actually not..." Colin told the truth.

 

But Marquis Garcia obviously didn't believe it, so he comforted her: "Don't worry, Count Dawson will take good care of her. So will the army left in the city by the Angelet family."

 

"Thank you, Lord Marquis!"

 

"You're welcome. After all, I pulled you out. I should be responsible for this."

 

"My Lord Marquis, I am actually very grateful to you for bringing me out."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I don't want to get involved in the fatal whirlpool of Ice Rock City."

 

Marquis Garcia glanced at Colin and smiled: "You are a smart man, so if you were in Ice Rock City now, which side would you be on?"

 

Colin's heart suddenly tightened.

 

Marquis Garcia's straightforward question made him a little embarrassed.

 

He didn't know whether this was a test or not.

 

With a sudden change of mind, Colin played a clever trick:

 

"Your Majesty the Marquis, the Angelet family will always be loyal to the Saint Hilde family!"

 
0