Chapter 62: Q&A
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

A very clever answer.

 

It's basically the same as not answering.

 

"Loyal to the St. Hilde family" does not mean loyalty to the current Duke of St. Hilde.

 

The Marquis of Garcia was also a member of the San Hilde family.

 

In Colin's opinion, no matter what happens to Ice Rock City in the end.

 

The master of the North will still only be born from the Saint Hilde family.

 

The most critical figure among them is actually Marquis Garcia.

 

Because this terrifying army, the Black Cavalry, has the power to make the final decision.

 

Whether it chooses to help the Golden Lion Army or the Lords Alliance, it can leave the other side with absolutely no room for resistance.

 

Now, it depends on whether Marquis Garcia chooses to remain loyal to his brother, or decides to take the position of Lord of the North.

 

Judging from various previous signs, Marquis Garcia's position seems to be more inclined to the latter.

 

After all, he first accepted the invitation of the northern lords and entered Ice Rock City. He also sent Earl Dawson to attend the lords' meeting and sign the petition.

 

This seems to clearly mean that Marquis Garcia supports the lord group.

 

However, Colin was not sure.

 

Because just two months ago, when everyone thought that Marquis Garcia was going to fight with his brother, he led the black cavalry army to attack thousands of miles and directly destroyed the troll's army of 300,000 people.

 

Who knows if the two brothers are acting again this time?

 

"Slippery!" Marquis Garcia chuckled, obviously not satisfied with Colin's flattering answer.

 

So, he asked another question: "If you were me, which side would you be on?"

 

Colin felt a pain in his balls and felt that Marquis Garcia was really difficult to maintain tonight. Why did he keep asking such life-threatening questions?

 

Moreover, this time, he seemed to be running out of tricks.

 

After struggling for a long time, Colin had to choose the most upright answer: "If I were you, I would choose to be loyal to my oath!"

 

Marquis Garcia paused and looked at Colin seriously, as if he wanted to confirm whether the other party was sincere.

 

The so-called oath is naturally Marquis Garcia's oath of allegiance to Duke St. Hilde.

 

Therefore, Colin's answer basically means that he chose to side with the Duke.

 

"Oh? Really?" Marquis Garcia continued to ask, "Oath? I have seen too many betrayals, and I no longer believe in oaths. Colin, you must give a better reason."

 

Colin now regrets it very much.

 

Why would you go out for a late-night snack when you have nothing to do? You must be stupid now.

 

Moreover, he felt that Marquis Garcia tonight was very abnormal. Why did he keep asking himself this kind of question?

 

unless……

 

Marquis Garcia himself had not yet made up his mind, so he kept asking Colin.

 

In fact, if Colin really stood in the position of Marquis Garcia, he would definitely choose to betray his brother.

 

He would not accept the Duke's arrogance, endure endless suspicion, or face constant suppression.

 

If he could control the Black Cavalry, he would never give up the position of Lord of the North to anyone else.

 

However, he did not dare to express his true thoughts.

 

Although at present, it seems that the Marquis of Garcia thinks so too.

 

But Colin's intuition told him that if he really said this, he would definitely lose the favor of Marquis Garcia.

 

Colin suddenly realized that perhaps this was the Marquis's ultimate test for him!

 

"There is no better reason, Lord Marquis!" Colin decided to take a gamble.

 

In his opinion, among all the superiors, no one would want his subordinate to be a guy who does not keep his oath.

 

Betrayal is always the most taboo and vigilant thing for those in power.

 

Therefore, Colin stopped and continued righteously: "No matter what kind of burden I will bear, no matter what fate I will bear, I will never break my oath!

 

This is my basic conduct as a knight, and it is also the greatest honor of the Angelet family! "

 

Marquis Garcia also stopped and looked at Colin with sharp eyes.

 

Colin also returned his calm gaze without fear.

 

The cold moonlight shone in the forest, the wind blew gently, and the leaves rustled.

 

After a long time, Marquis Garcia finally withdrew his scrutinizing gaze and continued to move forward.

 

Colin blinked his sore eyes and quickly followed.

 

Has this passed the test?

 

He was a little confused.

 

Marquis Garcia said nothing and just walked forward with his head buried in the ground.

 

I don’t know how long they walked, but the two gradually went deeper into the forest.

 

Just when Colin was thinking about whether to suggest going back to sleep, Marquis Garcia suddenly spoke again:

 

"The Black Cavalry will stand on the side of the Duke, and those lords who do not know how to live or die will pay the price for their betrayal!"

 

really!

 

Colin was shocked.

 

You bet right!

 

This time it's another trap!

 

Those lords who tried to cause trouble were fooled by these two brothers again!

 

"That's right! All betrayers deserve to die!" Colin immediately agreed.

 

At the same time, he was secretly glad.

 

Fortunately, I didn't follow those people to cause trouble, otherwise I would have died without a burial place.

 

Immediately, he began to gloat again.

 

Because among the lords causing trouble, there was Count Uman, and he seemed to be the leading organizer!

 

Hehe, let you send someone to assassinate me!

 

Let you covet my family's title!

 

Let’s see how you die this time!

 

Just when Colin was feeling happy, Marquis Garcia spoke again:

 

"However, I made this choice not just because of my original vow."

 

"What's that for?" Colin suddenly became curious.

 

Marquis Garcia stood again, looked up at the crescent moon in the sky, and whispered: "Actually, this is just a plan that has been made long ago. It has been implemented since three years ago."

 

"Three years ago?" Colin immediately thought of the major event that happened three years ago - Marquis Garcia was transferred back from the front line, and the Black Cavalry was hidden in the snow!

 

Could it be?

 

"That's right." Marquis Garcia seemed to have guessed what Colin was thinking, "When I retreated from the front line, it was actually part of the plan."

 

Colin's mouth dropped open.

 

This secret immediately dumbfounded him.

 

And, he finally connected it all.

 

Everything I was confused about and couldn’t understand before was finally figured out at this moment!

 

He suddenly felt a chill all over his body.

 

Because such a huge plan, or conspiracy, actually came at the expense of 200,000 northern soldiers!

 

And its target is the trolls and the lords of the North!

 

Colin certainly understands dealing with trolls.

 

However, Colin couldn't quite understand how to deal with the lords who were loyal to him.

 

Unless the Saint Hilde family no longer wants to share the northern territory with the lords...

 

That Duke wants to take back power!

 

"I didn't expect Duke St. Hilde to be such a... far-sighted person!" Colin hesitated, but still used a complimentary word.

 

But in fact, at this moment, he only felt a deep fear of the Duke, who had never been masked before.

 

"This plan was not made by the Duke." Marquis Garcia denied Colin's guess.

 

"Who is that?" Colin asked curiously.

 

He felt that it could not be made by the Marquis of Garcia. Colin knew from previous interactions that the Marquis was not a person who liked conspiracy.

 

Marquis Garcia whispered a name that Colin could never have imagined:

 

"Count Uman."

 

"What?!"

 

Colin was dumbfounded again.

 

The schadenfreude that was originally hidden in my heart immediately disappeared without a trace.

 

Instead, there was deeper fear!

 
0