Chapter 64: Rebellion
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Time goes back to the present.

 

The air in Ice Rock City was filled with anxiety, restlessness and excitement.

 

The ignorant commoners still don't know what happened, but all the nobles know that the moment has come when the arrow is ready to be fired.

 

The categorical refusal of the Duke of St. Hilde left the lords with no way out.

 

Orders were passed on one after another, and the army was making final preparations before the war.

 

A chilling atmosphere enveloped the whole city, and it was destined to be difficult to sleep tonight.

 

Knight Karn Sudor was one of the people who couldn't sleep. He just felt his heart pounding, beating at a frighteningly fast rate.

 

After tossing and turning for a long time, Kahn simply stopped sleeping.

 

After getting dressed and going out, Kahn subconsciously walked to his uncle's room.

 

"Good evening, Ms. Penny!" Kahn greeted the housekeeper of the Uman family halfway when he met her.

 

"Good evening, Knight Kahn, are you also looking for the Earl?"

 

"No, no. I just walked around casually." Kahn quickly denied.

 

He knew that on the surface, this Ms. Penny was the housekeeper of the Uman family, but in fact, she was the lover of Count Uman.

 

And it's not just any lover.

 

It is said that the reason why Count Uman fell in love with Penny was not only because of her beauty, but also because of her burgundy eyes.

 

The pupil colors of humans in this world are generally blue, black, and green, and burgundy pupils are very rare.

 

And Earl Uman himself also had the same eye color.

 

From the perspective of Earl Uman, who did not understand genetics, this Penny, although she was from a humble background, had the same color of pupils as him, and she might be a descendant of some ancient bloodline.

 

Regardless of whether this rumor is true or not, it is a certain fact that Penny has a high status in the Uman family.

 

Even Valla, the illegitimate son she gave birth to for the count, received more attention than ordinary illegitimate children.

 

Count Uman not only allowed him to be baptized as a knight, but also went to great lengths to help him marry a baron's daughter, Colin's sister Caitlin.

 

That's why Kahn showed such respect for a butler.

 

Moreover, he realized that when Ms. Penny went to the Earl's room at this time, she was probably going to...

 

Therefore, Kahn wisely chose not to disturb the Earl's enjoyment.

 

After bidding farewell to Kahn, Penny came to Count Uman's room and opened the door directly.

 

When Count Uman saw Penny coming in without even knocking on the door, he actually didn't reprimand her.

 

"Is everything arranged?"

 

"Yeah." Penny replied casually.

 

Then he stepped forward to help Count Uman unbutton his shirt.

 

Earl Uman kissed the forehead of the woman in front of him, and then began to help her undress and untie her belt.

 

The Earl's wife has been dead for many years, and he has never remarried.

 

Instead, he and his lover Penny act more like a couple.

 

If outsiders saw this scene, they would probably be very confused.

 

How could a count treat a lowly lover like this?

 

Even though Penny was once stunningly beautiful, now that she is over forty, it is impossible for her to still be so attractive to the Earl, right?

 

Or are those burgundy pupils really so noble in the earl's eyes?

 

If this were to happen, then all the commoner girls with burgundy pupils in the entire North would probably gather in Fallen Eagle City.

 

However, Count Uman didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with treating a civilian lover like this.

 

And Penny also looked like it was natural.

 

"What are you worried about?" Count Uman saw the worry on Penny's face and asked suddenly.

 

"Nothing." Penny avoided the count's eyes.

 

Count Uman reached out and pinched Penny's chin, turning her gaze towards him: "You have to believe me, this is our best and only feasible option now!"

 

"But you are helping the St. Hilde family consolidate its rule." Penny's eyes were full of reluctance.

 

"There is no way. When Marquis Garcia chose to go north to pursue the troll instead of going south to Winter City, our plan had already failed.

 

I don’t know what agreement they reached between the two brothers that allowed Marquis Garcia to withstand the temptation of becoming the Lord of the North and be willing to be the sword in his brother’s hand.

 

Moreover, this idiot Gambic is also to blame!

 

An army of 300,000 was wiped out by 50,000. What a shame!

 

In this situation, I have no choice but to follow Duke Saint Hilde's secret order and cooperate with him to clean up the disobedient lords. "

 

Penny stopped talking and just silently helped Count Uman unbutton his clothes.

 

When Count Uman saw this, he felt unhappy and asked again: "Has someone been looking for you?"

 

Penny's hand paused, then nodded slightly.

 

Earl Uman's eyes flashed with green energy, and he said in a deep voice: "Don't believe those trolls! Remember, we are just using them, and they are also using us. You must not really regard them as one of your own!"

 

"It's not a troll." Penny shook her head and stared into Count Uman's eyes, "It's a letter from my brother."

 

Earl Uman's eyes narrowed: "What did he say?"

 

"He said..." Penny's eyes flashed with a hint of scrutiny, "He said you bet on both ends..."

 

"Nonsense!" Count Uman snorted coldly, put his hands on Penny's shoulders, and pulled her closer to him, "Don't you believe me too?"

 

Penny looked at her man for a long time before gently uttering two words: "I believe it."

 

Earl Uman was relieved and hugged Penny tightly in his arms: "Don't worry, I will definitely accomplish what I promised you!"

 

"Yeah. Go to sleep."

 

 

The next morning.

 

The chilling atmosphere in Ice Rock City has reached its peak.

 

Groups of soldiers passed through the streets and gathered outside the South City Gate.

 

At this time, even the dullest civilians realized that something was about to happen. They immediately ran home, closed the windows and doors, and did not dare to go out again.

 

At the same time, an army also appeared five kilometers south of Bingyan City.

 

The golden lion flag shines brightly in the sunlight.

 

That is the direct army of the Saint Hilde family - the Golden Lion Army!

 

To the west of Bingyan City is a black ocean.

 

There is an army there too - the Black Cavalry!

 

A strong murderous aura filled the fields, causing the temperature in the air to drop a lot.

 

Earl Dawson stood in front of the Black Cavalry formation, looking at the Golden Lion Legion and the Lords Alliance facing each other in the distance, wondering what he was thinking.

 

At nine o'clock in the morning, after the last round of negotiations failed, the piercing bugles began to sound.

 

The forward troops of the Golden Lion Army and the Lord Alliance began to gradually approach each other.

 

Immediately, the cry of killing resounded across the wilderness.

 

Earl Dawson looked at the two sides fighting in the distance with a calm expression.

 

He is waiting.

 

When the main forces of both sides are completely entangled, they will no longer be able to break away easily.

 

Finally, as it was approaching noon, the battle between the Golden Lion Army and the Lord Alliance had reached its most intense moment.

 

Overall, the lord coalition has a slight advantage.

 

After all, they were superior in numbers.

 

At this moment, Earl Dawson, who had been watching with cold eyes, finally gave the order to attack.

 

The galloping war horses made the earth shake.

 

The thunderous sound of horse hooves hit everyone's hearts hard, making them involuntarily turn their eyes to this cavalry that suddenly entered the battlefield!

 

Anyone who has never faced the charge of the Black Cavalry can never imagine what it is like.

 

In the past, the targets of the Black Cavalry's charge were always trolls, but this time, humans finally blocked their path.

 

When the soldiers of the lords' coalition saw this scene, they suddenly shouted excitedly.

 

Because the Black Cavalry Army was rushing towards the Golden Lion Army's position!

 

However, they were not happy for long.

 

I saw the Black Cavalry Army's marching route suddenly turning a corner, and then, like a torrent bursting from a dam, it rushed towards the right wing of the Lords' Alliance Army!

 

"boom!"

 

The situation reversed instantly!

 
0