Chapter 65: Investiture
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Outside Bingyan City, the strong smell of blood has not completely dissipated.

 

Countless vultures are holding their own carnival party here.

 

Three days have passed since that tragic battle, and the atmosphere in Ice Rock City is still extremely depressing.

 

In the central square of the city, corpses were gathered together and prepared to be burned.

 

They were once all important figures in the north, noble and elegant nobles, and lords who ruled the country. However, now, they were dragged and thrown into the fire like dead dogs.

 

"...This is the fate of betrayers!"

 

In the square, an officer was reading loudly the crimes of these lords and nobles.

 

The onlookers watched all this with fear and excitement.

 

They couldn't understand why these nobles would betray Duke St. Hilde, whom they were loyal to, but seeing the once-high nobles being knocked down to dust, their hearts were filled with inexplicable joy.

 

Colin stood among them, looking at the unfamiliar or familiar faces in the square, and he couldn't help but feel a chill in his heart.

 

The two brothers of the Saint Hilde family are really ruthless!

 

Nearly a hundred lords were slaughtered like chickens!

 

"Colin, let's go. The knighting ceremony is about to begin. You must not be late!"

 

My sister Caitlin urged from the side. She was not used to the smell of blood here and kept covering her nose.

 

"Okay. Let's go."

 

Some people are sad, and some people are happy.

 

It seems that the world is always maintaining a balance.

 

When those old lords die, new lords will naturally be born.

 

Perhaps in order to dilute the chilling atmosphere and stabilize people's hearts, Duke St. Hilde decided to hold a knighthood ceremony in Ice Rock City today.

 

Logically speaking, the knighthood in the north should be carried out in the Roaring Castle in Winter City.

 

But at this time, no one dared to oppose Duke St. Hilde who was actively killing him.

 

The investiture ceremony was held in the main hall of the Glorious Church in Ice Rock City.

 

Colin had been here once before, to buy holy water.

 

But now, for this knighting ceremony, the place has obviously been rearranged.

 

The colorful glazed glass was polished extremely brightly, reflecting brilliant brilliance under the sunlight. Various murals were hung on the four walls of the hall. In the center, the sculpture of the Lord of Glory stood majestically, as if watching Looking at every noble present.

 

When Colin came in, the place was already filled with nobles who came to watch the ceremony.

 

Although there were quite a lot of people and it seemed quite lively, Colin knew that most of these nobles were generals of the Black Cavalry Army.

 

They are actually all vassals of Marquis Garcia.

 

However, there were very few vassals who were truly loyal to Duke St. Hilde - because most of them became corpses in the square.

 

The only ones who could still attend, besides Colin, were the group of nobles headed by Earl Uman who had defected in the face of battle.

 

However, Colin knew that Earl Uman was not "turning sides" at all. This guy was simply an undercover agent arranged by Duke St. Hilde in the lords' coalition!

 

The purpose was to incite dissatisfaction among the lords and lead them to confront the Saint Hilde family.

 

In the end, the two brothers of the St. Hilde family dug a hole and buried him together.

 

Since three years ago, these real bosses in the Northern Territory have begun to lay out their plans, eliminating all external and internal threats in the Northern Territory, and finally ended today.

 

Colin lamented in his heart that it seemed that the biggest suspect of his murder would continue to be at large, and he didn't know when he would be able to completely eliminate this threat.

 

Accompanied by a melodious sound of bells, Duke St. Hilde walked into the hall.

 

All the nobles immediately stood up and bowed to welcome the Duke's arrival.

 

This was the first time for Colin to see the master of the North.

 

He looked about fifty years old, very fat, with slightly white hair. Although he tried his best to straighten his waist when he walked into the hall, Colin could still see that the other person was not up to his ability.

 

Logically speaking, this is not the state a knight in his prime should have.

 

However, Colin knew that although this Duke of Saint Hilde once bravely conquered the Northern Territory, he was even known as the sixth-level knight among this generation of Saint Hilde who has the most hope of entering the Holy Realm!

 

However, just five years ago, the Duke was seriously injured after a duel with the previous Troll Emperor.

 

From then on, he not only gave up the hope of entering the Holy Realm, but also fell into despair. His hair began to turn gray, his waist began to become rickety, and his body became increasingly obese.

 

The powerful knight in the past has become a fat middle-aged uncle.

 

"Noble lords, brave knights!" Duke St. Hilde stood on the stage and said in a loud voice,

 

"The northern border has been a bit uneasy recently, with the invasion of trolls and the rebellion of the lords... But under the protection of the Lord of Glory, and with your full support and heroic fighting, we still achieved the final victory!"

 

"victory!"

 

"victory!"

 

 

A cheer came from the audience at the right time, and all the nobles applauded in celebration.

 

Duke St. Hilde pressed his hand and continued: "In order to commend the heroes who have made great efforts for this victory, I will knight them one by one!"

 

Naturally, there was another burst of cheers from the audience.

 

There have been no new nobles in the North for a long time, and this time, it seems that a large number of new nobles will be born.

 

After all, so many old nobles have already vacated their positions and land. Whether it is to appease people's hearts or to better rule the north, Duke St. Hilde must give generous rewards.

 

The first person to accept the reward was indeed the second-in-command of the Black Cavalry, Earl Dawson.

 

This confidant of the Marquis of Garcia was canonized as a marquis by the Duke.

 

This is also the second actual marquis in the north.

 

After this, Marquis Dawson will also break away from the vassal order of Marquis Garcia and swear allegiance to Duke St. Hilde.

 

This also indicates that after Duke St. Hilde has eliminated the two major threats in the north, he finally begins to attack the third threat-the Black Cavalry.

 

And his method was not what Colin expected - differentiation and co-optation.

 

Afterwards, as expected, a large number of backbone generals of the Black Cavalry accepted the Duke's canonization.

 

Will these new nobles born from the Black Cavalry continue to obey the orders of Marquis Garcia in the future? Or will he change his court and be loyal to the new master?

 

 

Finally, Colin waited for his name.

 

My sister Caitlin clapped her hands excitedly, as if she was the one receiving the canonization.

 

Amid cheers, Colin strode to the center of the venue and knelt on one knee in front of Duke St. Hilde.

 

The Duke raised his sword in front of him and said solemnly:

 

"Colin Angelet, you used your courage, wisdom, and faith to prove your loyalty and worth to the Lord of Glory and me!

 

Here, in the name of Duke Saint Hilde, on behalf of the Lord of Glory and His Majesty the Emperor, I canonize you as Viscount Angelet!

 

I hope you will use your loyalty and your life to protect this honor! "

 

After speaking, the Duke's sword tapped Colin's head and shoulders.

 

"I, Colin Angelet, swear by the heroic spirits of my ancestors to dedicate my loyalty to the Lord of Glory and to Duke Saint Hilde!

 

Your will is my direction, your..."

 

Colin recited the oath, but he was inexplicably surprised.

 

Viscount?

 

It turned out to be a viscount!

 
0