Chapter 66: Loyalty
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

How difficult is it to advance from Baron to Viscount?

 

The baronetcy of the Angelet family was obtained by Colin's great-great-grandfather after fighting on the battlefield for half his life.

 

Since then, although the three generations of barons of the Angelet family have all been on the battlefield, and two of them died on the front line, they still have not been able to upgrade the family's title to viscount.

 

Although there are more northern lords, slower metabolism, and serious class consolidation, it also illustrates the difficulty of title promotion.

 

This time, Colin never expected that not only would he inherit the title of Baron from Cheap Daddy, but he would also be promoted to Viscount.

 

While pleasantly surprised, Colin also realized that his promotion was actually the result of a combination of factors.

 

As a result, most of the old lords in the north were cleared out by the two brothers of the St. Hilde family, and a large amount of land was recovered by the St. Hilde family. This naturally led to the difficulty of awarding titles.

 

Secondly, after all, Colin participated in the battle to chase and annihilate the trolls, and gained a lot of credit.

 

Although it is said that Colin played a very small role in that battle, it is not an exaggeration to say that he played a role in the whole process, but Duke St. Hilde obviously did not want to give all this huge credit to the Black Cavalry. general.

 

Therefore, Colin, as the only nobleman who was loyal to Duke St. Hilde, other than Marquis Garcia, among the nobles participating in this battle, would certainly receive the Duke's attention.

 

Thirdly, I don’t know if Marquis Garcia and Vera played any role in this matter. If the two of them mentioned Colin in front of the Duke, it would indeed not be difficult to be promoted to Viscount.

 

In short, Colin is in trouble now!

 

The Angele family has taken a big step forward in his hands, and it is not an exaggeration to say that the family is proud of its ancestors.

 

Unexpectedly, among the people watching the ceremony, her sister Caitlin had burst into tears with excitement. At the same time, she clenched her hands on her chest, probably to comfort her dead father and let him rest in peace.

 

After Colin finished taking the oath, an attendant came up holding a brand new Viscount dress.

 

This dress is a dark red velvet jacket and black trousers. The coat has the coat of arms of the Angelet family embroidered on the chest, and there are two silver stripes below the coat of arms - the symbol of the viscount title.

 

Colin took it with both hands.

 

Later, the attendant once again handed over the Viscount's exclusive ring and ribbon, as well as a piece of parchment with gilded text and the seal of Duke St. Hilde - it said the new territory consecrated to the Angelet family.

 

Colin held the pile of things, bowed to Duke St. Hilde again, and then withdrew.

 

Sister Caitlin ran to Colin excitedly, her joy almost uncontrollable.

 

But she also knew to pay attention to the occasion, and just whispered in Colin's ear:

 

"Colin! That's great! Father will be proud of you when he finds out! Our Angelet family has struggled for so many years and finally became a Viscount family! Come on, let me see where the family's new fiefdom is... "

 

Colin looked at his excited sister, but he didn't have much trouble in his heart.

 

After all, his identification with the Angele family is not high yet, and he wants to know more, is this sister really happy for him, or is she just pretending?

 

Just when Colin was staring at his sister Caitlin carefully, he suddenly found that the joy on the other person's face suddenly froze, and was replaced by shock and confusion.

 

"What's wrong?" Colin blinked and asked softly.

 

Caitlin spread the parchment in front of Colin and asked with disbelief: "Look at the family's new fiefdom...how could it be here?"

 

Colin then looked at the parchment in confusion, and then he was also stunned.

 

How could it be here?

 

Is it a typo?

 

 

While the Colin siblings were looking at each other, the knighting ceremony was still going on.

 

The person whose name was called this time was Karn Sudol.

 

The eldest son of the Suduo family, who had some grievances with Colin, walked to the center of the hall with excitement and knelt down on one knee.

 

In the past two months, the situation in the north has been changing. To be honest, Kahn was quite confused and frightened.

 

But fortunately, he remembered his father's words before his death and closely followed the footsteps of his uncle, Earl Uman, and was able to survive this disaster without any danger.

 

He even made great achievements!

 

In Kahn's opinion, if that annoying Colin can be made a viscount, then should the title of the Sudo family be promoted to one level?

 

However, while Kahn was waiting with great expectations for the Duke's canonization, the Duke inserted the long sword in his hand into the marble floor under his feet and asked Kahn:

 

"Knight Karn, tell me, what is loyalty?"

 

"What?" Kahn looked up stupidly and looked at Duke St. Hilde with a blank expression.

 

The crowd watching the ceremony suddenly became quiet.

 

Kahn's sister, Cynthia Sudow, whom Colin called a "mad woman", was also shocked by the Duke's questioning.

 

Her hands clenched instantly, instinctively realizing that something was wrong.

 

Colin pinched the parchment in his hand and looked at Kahn who was stunned in the field. He seemed to suddenly wake up and a sneer appeared on the corner of his mouth.

 

"Loyalty...loyalty...of course...just..."

 

"Just what?"

 

Duke St. Hilde's face was stern, and his sharp arrow-like eyes seemed to have penetrated the poor knight kneeling in front of him.

 

Under such gaze, Kahn felt that his mind went blank, and he didn't know what he was saying in his mouth.

 

Duke St. Hilde's tone was extremely cold: "You asked Charles to give up his position as Marquis in public. Is it out of loyalty?"

 

It's over.

 

The Sudo family is finished.

 

This was the thought in the minds of all the nobles present.

 

Obviously, Duke St. Hilde was settling an old score.

 

When Kahn was pushed out by Count Uman to be the leader, many people guessed that he would pay the price for it.

 

Now, the price has really come.

 

Kahn thought that by following Count Ullmann and "turning sides" before the battle, he would be able to wipe out the previous offense.

 

But obviously, Duke St. Hilde has no intention of letting go of the Sudor family easily.

 

The face and honor of the Saint Hilde family cannot be trampled on by just any little noble.

 

Of course, what actually made Charles voluntarily give up his title was the pressure from Marquis Garcia.

 

However, the Marquis of Garcia was confident enough that the Duke's wrath would not be poured out on him.

 

And Karn Sudor, haha, he doesn't have this ability, so he can only become the target of the Duke's authority.

 

Kill the chicken to scare the monkey!

 

"me……"

 

Looking at the cowardly Kahn, Duke St. Hilde sneered and suddenly said loudly: "Viscount Colin, tell me, what is loyalty?"

 

All the eyes of the audience suddenly turned to Colin.

 

Colin was stunned for a moment, but quickly stepped forward.

 

He seemed to have some premonition of this.

 

"My Lord Duke, I believe that loyalty means giving everything you have unconditionally, regardless of the reason, regardless of right or wrong, regardless of gains and losses!"

 

"Regardless of the reason, no distinction between right and wrong, no regard for gains and losses..." Duke St. Hilde chewed Colin's answer carefully, with a hint of appreciation and deep meaning in his eyes.

 

Then, he threw the long sword in his hand directly towards Colin, and at the same time ordered: "Okay! Then I order you to kill Karn Sudor immediately!"

 

"yes!"

 

Before any of the nobles present could react, and even Kahn himself was still kneeling on the ground in a daze, Colin had already caught the sword thrown by the Duke.

 

Then, swing out without hesitation!

 

"Uh-huh!"

 

A flash of silver light flashed.

 

Blood splattered everywhere!

 
0