Chapter 67: Betrayal
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"Dong...dong..."

 

A round head rolled to the ground.

 

The spurting blood dyed the marble floor with a bright color.

 

There was silence.

 

No one expected that a good knighting ceremony would turn out like this.

 

Duke Saint Hilde's order was very abrupt.

 

However, Colin's execution was even more abrupt.

 

In fact, Colin had already anticipated Duke St. Hilde's order.

 

Because, among the new fiefdoms of the Angelet family, there is the name of Ice Rock City!

 

Since the territory of the Sudo family has been granted to the Angelet family, Colin will certainly not be surprised that the Duke will settle the score with Kahn at this time.

 

But to outsiders, the Duke and Colin seemed to have agreed.

 

Gave Kahn a surprise attack.

 

Even when Kahn's head rolled to the ground, the confusion in his eyes had not yet turned into fear.

 

"No!"

 

A shrill shout broke the silence on the field.

 

I saw Cynthia Sudow rushing up like crazy, as if she wanted to avenge her brother.

 

After Colin swung his sword, he immediately knelt down on one knee and faced Duke St. Hilde. At the same time, he held the sword in both hands and raised it above his head.

 

Colin completely ignored Cynthia who was rushing behind him.

 

Sure enough, before Cynthia could rush behind Colin, she was stopped by a group of guards.

 

"Why! Why! Lord Duke, why? Colin! I want to kill you, I want to kill you..."

 

After the mad woman was carried out of the hall by the guards, Duke St. Hilde smiled and said to Colin: "Very good, Knight Colin. I like your interpretation of loyalty.

 

The name of this sword is [Blade of Judgment].

 

Five years ago, I used it to cut off the head of the last troll emperor.

 

Now, it’s for you.

 

I hope you will treat it well and not let down its name and the glory it represents. "

 

Colin was shocked. He took back the sword in his hand and said loudly: "Thank you, Lord Duke, for the reward! I hereby swear that your will is the direction in which I swing my sword!"

 

Duke St. Hilde nodded with satisfaction and signaled Colin to withdraw.

 

Afterwards, the investiture ceremony continued.

 

However, the eyes of everyone present glanced in Colin's direction intentionally or unintentionally.

 

If Colin was promoted to Viscount, what he got at most was some envious looks.

 

Now, when he was given the [Blade of Judgment] by the Duke, everyone looked at him with jealousy that could not be concealed.

 

No one could have imagined that Duke St. Hilde would value Colin, a newly promoted viscount, so highly!

 

Only Marquis Garcia, who had been silent, looked at the sword in Colin's hand and frowned slightly.

 

 

When the last batch of new barons accepted their canonization, the entire investiture ceremony finally came to an end.

 

However, Duke St. Hilde seemed to have no intention of ending the ceremony immediately.

 

And everyone present was not surprised, they were all waiting for something with bated breath.

 

"Charles."

 

Finally, Duke Saint Hilde read the name of his eldest son.

 

Marquis Charles, who had been hiding behind him and pretending to be invisible, trembled slightly when he heard this. Then he walked to the center of the hall and knelt down on one knee in front of his father with a posture as if he was on the execution ground.

 

"I heard that you want to atone for the 200,000 soldiers who died in the battle?" Duke Saint Hilde's words showed no joy or anger.

 

Marquis Charles lowered his head and choked up: "Yes, father! I, I am sorry for your expectations, and even more sorry for the trust of the people in the north and the two hundred thousand soldiers!

 

Therefore, I voluntarily give up the position of Marquis to atone for the mistakes I have committed! "

 

Duke St. Hilde did not speak, but looked at his eldest son with cold eyes.

 

Charles did not look up, but he seemed to have understood what his father meant. He slowly took off his marquis ring, took off his ribbon, and finally took off the dress that symbolized his status as a marquis, folded it, and placed it in front of him.

 

"Please father, forgive me for my sins!"

 

Charles prostrates himself on the ground, waiting for his father's trial.

 

After a long silence, Duke St. Hilde finally spoke:

 

“Charles, from now on, the glory of the St. Hilde family has nothing to do with you.

 

You will go to the northern border as an ordinary soldier and fight on the front line against the trolls for life.

 

Until the day when the Troll King City is captured! "

 

"Yes, father..."

 

Charles kowtowed in despair and stumbled back.

 

The former first heir to the Lord of the North left the scene sadly.

 

The nobles watching the ceremony continued to remain silent, not daring to make any move to attract the Duke's attention at this time.

 

Although the Duke looked calm, everyone who knew him well knew that the Duke must be full of anger at this time.

 

Anyone who is forced to depose his hand-picked heir will not feel comfortable, let alone the Duke who speaks his mind in the north.

 

Obviously, this incident was a great defiance of his authority.

 

However, he could only grit his teeth and swallow.

 

The atmosphere in the hall gradually became solemn.

 

This ceremony is not over yet.

 

The Lord of the North cannot have an heir. If Charles is deprived of his title, then someone must inherit the title of Marquis.

 

And this person...

 

Who is the one?

 

Colin quietly raised his head and glanced in the direction of Marquis Garcia.

 

When they were hunting outside the city, Marquis Garcia had already told Colin about his original deal with Duke St. Hilde.

 

Therefore, he knew very well that the person who would inherit the position of Marquis should be Vera as expected!

 

Although according to the law, Vera's succession order is still behind the Duke's other two sons, but if the Duke insists on making Vera the first heir, no one dares to object.

 

Oh no, the only person present who dared and was qualified to object was Marquis Garcia.

 

However, it is obviously impossible for Marquis Garcia to object.

 

As for the Imperial Senate of Nobles.

 

Maybe they can have strong binding force on ordinary nobles, but they don't dare to dictate the inheritance rights of real nobles like the Saint Hilde family.

 

Even if Vera's inheritance rights are not very legal, as long as Duke St. Hilde gives a reasonable reason, they will definitely accept it with their noses pinched.

 

This reason is easy to find. For example, the second son is too weak, the third son is too young...

 

In short, when Duke St. Hilde and Marquis Garcia reach an agreement, there is nothing in the north that they cannot decide.

 

However, just when Colin was looking forward to Vera's name, another name came out of the Duke's mouth:

 

"Adams."

 

Colin suddenly raised his head and looked at the figure in the center of the hall in shock.

 

what happened?

 

Shouldn't it be Vera?

 

After hearing his father's call, Adams St. Hilde, the second son of the Duke, suppressed the ecstasy in his heart, strode forward, came to the Duke, and knelt down on one knee.

 

"In the name of Duke St. Hilde, I now grant you the title of Marquis. I hope you will live up to it..."

 

Colin was no longer interested in listening to what was to come, and he quickly looked in the direction of Marquis Garcia.

 

Then, he saw the cold gaze of Marquis Garcia.

 

betray!

 

This is Chiluoluo's betrayal!

 

Marquis Garcia finally maintained his loyalty to his brother despite facing many temptations.

 

But he didn't expect that now he would be betrayed by his brother!

 

The nobles who knew nothing were still congratulating Marquis Adams, and even the ignorant Vera was happy for her brother.

 

But only Colin lowered his head quietly.

 

The chaos in the north is probably far from over.

 
0