Chapter 69: Bite
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

With the departure of Duke St. Hilde, the remaining lords of the North also left one after another.

 

Ice Rock City also became deserted.

 

Of course, this kind of desertedness is only relative.

 

Compared with Graycastle Town, the former fiefdom of the Angelet family, Ice Rock City is obviously much more lively.

 

The lives of the residents in the city seem to have returned to their original trajectory. Although the owner of the city has changed, it does not seem to have much impact on them.

 

Rather than who is the lord of Ice Rock City, these civilians are more concerned about whether their families have enough food to eat and whether they have enough clothes to wear.

 

However, for some people, this is a sea change.

 

These people are, of course, the former owners of this city - the Sudo family.

 

Deprived of their title and fiefdom, the Suduo family could only choose to leave sadly.

 

Colin had no intention of killing all the Suduo family members. After all, the unspoken rule of this world was to be tolerant to losers.

 

Of course, this loser must be a noble.

 

No one cares about the lives of civilians.

 

These failed noble children will become wandering knights, using force and loyalty in exchange for being taken in by their lords.

 

Looking forward to one day being able to regain the fiefdom and title by virtue of military merit and regain the glory of the family.

 

This is the world's tolerance for nobles who have lost power.

 

Because in the eyes of people in this world, failure is only temporary, but the bloodline is passed down from generation to generation.

 

Only noble blood can give birth to great heroes.

 

And these heroes who can turn the tide are the foundation of the human race in this world.

 

Today, a family has been exterminated, and the inheritance of a noble bloodline has been cut off. Perhaps, this has killed a hero who might save the human race in the future.

 

This is of course never allowed.

 

Therefore, even the Duke of St. Hilde, after executing those rebellious lords, could only deprive their family of titles and fiefs, but would not kill all their family members.

 

Of course, Colin would not dare to break this unspoken rule, unless he no longer wanted to hang out in the Glorious Empire.

 

However, although he will not kill all the Suduo family, there is one person among them that Colin does not intend to let go easily.

 

This person was, of course, the crazy woman who had repeatedly caused trouble for him - Cynthia Sudow.

 

"Still not found?"

 

"Yes, Lord Viscount."

 

Obviously, Cynthia seemed to predict that Colin would not let her go. As soon as the knighting ceremony was over, she ran away without a trace.

 

Colin frowned, feeling a little troubled.

 

If a third-level knight wanted to escape, it would be really difficult for him to catch him.

 

"Where is the servant of the Sudor family named Thrall?"

 

"Sorry, sir, I couldn't find it either."

 

Colin snorted coldly, feeling a little helpless.

 

However, he didn't blame Raymond Knight too much.

 

After all, the Angelet family had only taken over Ice Rock City not long ago, and it was considered a standard foreign force. In addition, there were not many soldiers brought by Raymond from Gray Castle. It was simply unrealistic to block the entire city.

 

"Forget it, let's stop looking for now. Send someone to Fallen Eagle City to investigate. Maybe Cynthia and Thrall will appear there. Don't mess around after you find them, just send someone to keep an eye on them."

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

Colin felt that the lord that the Sudo family was most likely to seek refuge with now was, of course, Count Uman. After all, they were related by marriage.

 

As for how to get people from Count Uman, Colin has no idea for the time being.

 

Speaking of Count Uman, Colin has not forgotten that the suspect who originally wanted to murder him has not yet figured out who he is.

 

However, the biggest suspect at present is Count Uman.

 

As for sister Caitlin.

 

After spending so many days together, Colin felt more and more that her suspicion was less serious.

 

After all, no one can act so realistically.

 

Moreover, there is still no news about Caitlin’s husband, Knight Valra.

 

In Colin's opinion, this guy probably died in an unknown corner of the battlefield.

 

But Caitlin was obviously unwilling to accept this fact, and still inquired about Valla from every caravan returning from the ice field. She even made several trips to the ice field herself, trying to find her husband's whereabouts.

 

This is simply looking for a needle in a haystack.

 

It was hard for Colin to persuade her, so he had to let her go.

 

He himself is extremely busy now, and he has to deal with a lot of things in the new territory.

 

At this time, the person Colin looked forward to most was Eamonn, the old butler of the Angelet family.

 

If he were in Ice Rock City, he would definitely be able to help Colin handle these things in an orderly manner.

 

"Where are Aemon and the others now? When will they arrive at Ice Rock City?"

 

Colin asks this question almost every day.

 

"It's almost there. It's expected to arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow at the latest." Knight Raymond was also a little helpless.

 

With the communication methods in this world, he couldn't grasp the exact location of Butler Eamonn in real time.

 

"I know, go ahead and do your work." Colin sighed and did not embarrass Raymond.

 

"yes."

 

After Raymond left, Colin once again immersed himself in dealing with the official documents piled up on his desk.

 

I don’t know how long it took, but the candles on the table were almost burned out. Colin rubbed his sore eyes and shouted in a loud voice: "Change a row of candles for me!"

 

However, the servant outside the door did not respond.

 

Colin waited for a moment and called again, but still received no response.

 

He frowned, thinking that the guy guarding outside had dozed off again, so he got up and walked towards the door.

 

"Click."

 

The moment he opened the door, Colin suddenly realized something was wrong.

 

But just when he wanted to retreat quickly, a long sword suddenly pierced the door and stabbed towards his heart!

 

"Bang!"

 

In the flash of lightning, Colin immediately fell backwards and fell to the ground, dodging the sword.

 

The dazzling holy light surged in like a tide, and the wooden door exploded, sending sawdust flying everywhere.

 

Colin quickly rolled over, quickly got up from the ground, and rushed towards the [Blade of Judgment] hanging on the wall of the room without looking back.

 

However, the Assassin was faster.

 

Before Colin could touch his weapon, there was a sharp sting in his back.

 

"Plop!"

 

The injured Colin fell to the ground.

 

However, there was not much panic on his face.

 

He struggled to turn around and leaned against the wall to look at the person coming——

 

It is indeed Cynthia, this crazy woman!

 

"Ahem, did you come to kill me yourself? Or did someone instruct you to come?" Colin asked in a solemn voice.

 

"Oh, if I kill you, do you still need someone to instruct you?" Cynthia slowly approached Colin and said through gritted teeth.

 

Colin was a little disappointed and seemed to hope that the other party was being instigated.

 

But I didn't expect that this woman was really a reckless lunatic.

 

"Kill me and you won't survive."

 

Cynthia sneered, not caring about Colin's threat.

 

"Chi!"

 

The sword pierced Colin's chest.

 

"Ahem..." Colin's face was twisted in pain, but he still persisted in asking, "No one really ordered you to kill me? Not even Count Uman?"

 

Cynthia obviously didn't expect that Colin would still care about this before he died. She shook her head and sneered: "No!"

 

"Crazy woman." Colin also sneered and cursed.

 

Faced with Colin's abuse, Cynthia actually laughed excitedly.

 

Cynthia, who was immersed in the pleasure of revenge, did not notice that Colin's eyes gradually became fierce and bloodthirsty.

 

He completely ignored the sword that pierced her chest, rushed forward, and grabbed Cynthia's neck.

 

Then, he took a bite!

 
0