I’ll be the Witness
166 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex thought about it and said, "You know what, I'll participate in this year's NHA."

"Yes! That's my man," Denver said excitedly as he smacked Lex's back. "Then let's make a bet on who'll win the gold among us two."

"Sure, just be prepared for your loss and don't be a sore loser like last time," Lex said as he smacked Denver's back in retaliation.

"Heh, that's because I was a newbie back then." Denver defended himself.

Lex raised his eyebrows and asked, "And I wasn't?"

Denver coughed and said, "Let's hurry up, the opening ceremony is starting."

Saying that Denver entered the auditorium. Lex smiled and followed him inside. 

The auditorium was huge, especially considering the small number of students inside. The number wasn't low, but it was still small compared to the number of students in the other schools and colleges.

But it was to be expected since The Aethrian Academy only took the best students in. Not everyone could get an admission here. They have a set of criteria, and students are chosen according to them.

No matter the number of students passed, the criteria wouldn't change. Even if they got only one student, the requirements would be the same.

That's why the Academy always had a low number of students, but every single one of them was a gem of the kingdom.

Lex was a first-year student like others, as the Academy's first requirement was being 18 years old. There were some exceptions, like Elise, who had awakened a high-ranking ability, and people like her were granted early access.

For others, they had to wait till they were 18 years old. It was simply because the Academy didn't want to favor or discriminate against anyone. 

You awaken at the age of 15, and then you'll have 3 years to tinker with your ability. In these three years, you'll know where you stand, and based on that, the academy will take in the students.

As he walked in, he attracted everyone's gaze, but without paying any attention to them, he walked toward Denver. He was just standing there while staring at the stage.

Lex smacked the back of Denver's head and asked, "Whatcha you watching, dumbass?"

"Don't try to speak in that accent, broh. You won't get it right, never." Denver rolled his eyes and said. 

As they were talking, they heard a commotion behind them and turned to look at the source of it. 

Denver's eyebrows jumped around as he nudged Lex's shoulder and said, "You see who's coming? She's the student council president. The most beautiful girl in the academy, Gwendolyn Frostleap."

Lex had to admit that she was beautiful. A beautiful tall girl with long white hair and blue eyes, combined with her flawless face and Icy cold expression. She really deserved to be the most beautiful girl in the academy.

Gwendolyn walked towards the stage with a fine posture and other members of the student council followed her behind. They were also remarkable but were hidden due to Gwendolyn's brilliance.

"Did you fall for her, hehe?" Denver asked with a silly grin. 

Lex rolled his eyes and said, "I don't know about me, but you surely haven't. After all, you're a lolicon."

And for that, Lex earned a smack on his back. Denver said in a low voice, "Bitch, shut your mouth. I'm not a lolicon. I like petite girls, not Loli. Don't you know that my family will disown me if this fake news gets out?"

"Don't worry, I'll be the witness for you." Lex put his hand on Denver's shoulder and said earnestly.

Denver almost cried as he looked at Lex and said, "Thanks, Lex. I thought you were an asshole, dumbass, motherfucker and bitch, but I was wrong. You.. you're the bestest friend anyone could find."

Lex's eyes twitched at the insults he was constantly getting, and he said, "Yeah, don't worry. I'll be the first one to tell your family that you're a lolicon."

"Fuck you!!!" Denver screamed and kicked Lex. To which, Lex responded with a smile and easily avoided the kick.

His shout attracted the attention of surrounding students and even Gwendolyn gave a side glance at Denver. 

Denver coughed and looked away until everything returned to normal. Gwendolyn climbed the stairs to the stage along with the rest of the student council.

Lex chuckled and said, "Now, thanks to me, you're very popular."

Denver's hand itched to give Lex a tight slap, but he held it in. He knew Lex would just avoid it, and he would become the clown. He scoffed and refused to do as Lex wanted.

Lex smiled and also stood straight, looking at the stage. The rest of the students also turned silent and stood in queues.

"Alright, alright, just calm down and stop being childish," Lex said in a low voice.

"Am I being childish or you?" Denver hissed at Lex but still kept his voice down so nobody heard them.

"Hello and welcome to the Aethrian Academy, everyone. I'm Gwendolyn Frostleap..." Gwendolyn began her speech while maintaining her cold and aloof aura.

Unsurprisingly, there were no teachers or even the dean here. It was a basic knowledge to everyone that Aethrian Academy was all about students, so it was governed by students, mainly the Student Council.

The teachers were only for teaching and overseeing everything. They usually didn't meddle with student affairs. As for Dean, everyone just knew that she was a powerful SS-RANK ability user. No further information was known among the common populace.

Lex tried not to yawn in the boring speech as he waited for it to end.

"...and with that, I wish you luck in your upcoming years." Gwendolyn finally finished her speech as she then looked at the students in front of her and said, "Now I would like to welcome the representative of the first year, Mr. Lexus Rivenhall."

Lex, who was happy that the opening ceremony was going to end, was shocked awake. 

'What the hell!! How am I the representative? I clearly remember leaving some questions so I wouldn't top the exams, especially since Denny was in..' As Lex thought about it, it finally clicked to him.

He turned to look at Denver and found him grinning at him. His eyes were screaming, "I win, you sick fuck!!"

3