Chapter 7: Half a Goodtime
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let me handle this mom, please.” Nathan pleaded

Thraia was left aback, it was the first time that his son pleaded. Nathan as a child never voices out his opinion, he always stays silent as much as possible and just listens to her.

Despite the pleading of Nathan, his mother’s rationality overshadowed her shock.

“I know you’re both trying to hide something, please, I’m your mother.” Thraia said with a shaky voice.

“Don’t worry mom, I know what I’m doing. Just trust me just this once.” Nathan said seriously.

“I’ll let you handle this if you give me a reason why your brother went out.”

“He was jealous that I got to hang out with my friend last night, so he went to hang out for a few hours at his friend’s house. They had a misunderstanding and Neo was at the park thinking by himself.” Nathan lied his way through.

Neo, who was at his back, was shocked at how well Nathan’s lie sounded real.

“Well, if it’s just that then I’ll let you handle this. But you’ll both get an earful from me for leaving the house at night just to hang out. Nathan, you’re already an adult, be a good role model to your brother.” Thraia said.

Nathan and Thraia ate while Neo went to his room. Neo said to his mother that he already ate, the truth being that Thraia would see his face if he ate with them.

Nathan knew and calmly ate his dinner. He let his mother rest after eating as he washed the dishes, Nathan used this chance to deliver Neo some food, the latter obliged and thanked Nathan, afterwards slept.

Nathan knew Neo needed medical help and his first aid was but a drop in the bucket. With Neo’s wounds, he should not only have physical trauma and bruises but he may also have fractures on his face, and considering his roughed-up clothes, Nathan thinks that Neo must’ve fractured his bones.

He quickly finished washing the dishes and went to his room.

Before Nathan went to bed, he searched for a person in the social media, he was the only one who could help in their predicament. After locating the person he’s finding, he remembered another problem of his. He and Selene would battle for the representative’s position.

Nathan received his gift earlier but, he hasn’t tested how well he can use it in an actual test.

He booted up his pc and searched for a college level mathematics test. There were a bunch of sites, he picked some and answered them.

Questions included linear algebra, differential equations, and other college-level topics. He breezed through all the questions, even the topics that weren't taught by the professors yet just flowed through his mind. A perfect score, a far cry from his usual grades of hanging by the thread.

Nathan wanted to continue answering questions on the net, but he remembered again that so much had happened today. He accomplished what he wanted to do, and now it was time to continue his sleep.

It was not long before Nathan finally was in deep sleep.

The next day.

Nathan and Neo left very early which surprised Thraia, Nathan slipped through by saying that their school has an event today, so they need to be early. He just told Thraia they’ll just eat there.

Before Thraia could reject the notion, both his sons had already left. Thraia gave up and cooked a meal for herself.

Outside.

“We’ll go to a clinic.” Nathan said suddenly.

“But you said that they’ll call mother anyway, what’s the point of doing it now rather than yesterday?” Neo was very perplexed; he can’t seem to grasp what is in the head of his brother.

“I said we’ll go to a clinic, not a hospital. They have more leniency and we’ll not easily result in contacting guardians. Plus, I know who works there. It’s a one-man clinic so there’s no problem.” Nathan reasoned.

 Neo asked how Nathan knew the owner of a clinic but the latter kept his silence. Neo continued asking but stopped at some point, whether Nathan had no intention of answering him or if his wounds hurt when he talked.

It was a good thing that the clinic was in this town and not that far from their house.

There was a sign saying that they were closed, but Nathan knocked either way. He continued for some time when a man opened the door.

“Who is it? Don’t you know how to read, it says we’re still close.” The man was angry, who in the right mind would disturb a closed clinic this early. Before he could continue letting out his anger, he stopped as he saw who was knocking.

“It’s you?” Neo was the one who asked. He remembered this man, but he couldn’t find it in his head why Nathan went to ‘his’ clinic.

He was Iain, a man who let go of his dark past because of Nathan. There was an incident a long time ago which made Iain turn over a new leaf, a story that will stay hidden for now.

“Do you remember what you promised me, that you’ll help me three times?” Nathan said.

“Of course I remember, what do you need a professional for?” Iain proudly stated before looking at Neo. With how covered Theo is, it wasn’t hard to tell that he is the one who needed medical support.

“Let’s go inside. You’re way too early though, couldn’t this wait later.” Iain invited them inside.

“I’m afraid not.” Nathan answered.

With hesitation, Neo took off his shirt and jacket. Neo’s state made Iain’s face turn into a frown.

How could he not? Neo’s condition reminded him of his younger years as he was studying medicine.

“Why didn’t you go here earlier? Having this kind of injury, a fracture is possible. Not seeking immediate medical attention can at worst be fatal.” Iain asked.

“I didn’t know where your clinic is, I just searched it up last night. Besides, with his trauma, I wouldn’t want to disturb his rest, since it also can backfire.” Nathan explained.

“I don’t know if it was an action led by your emotions but that’s pretty dumb considering it’s you who decided it,” Iain shook his head.

1