Chapter 14: Meeting Maddox
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of Warlock’s intervention, he didn’t open the congratulation packet and left it there; to be honest, he wouldn’t use it even if Warlock didn’t bother him.

He’ll have a headache if it results in a dud like some tape or whatever.

After tidying himself up, he went out and followed Warlock.

While they were walking, Warlock’s phone rang.

Nathan’s expression dropped instantly while Warlock answered the phone.

At the end of the line.

“Who are you people, you can’t just drag people out of nowhere, are you freaks!”

The person who was screaming was Maddox.

He had just skipped class and was gathering his goons when all of a sudden, three black vans cornered them and kidnapped them.

It did not just stop at that as they were also beaten up while blindfolded. Who did they just offend, they just merely target students in their school without background, how come they are now in this mess.

The only person Maddox can think about was that damn bastard Neo.

After befriending the poor dude, little by little they extorted him and finally yesterday when Neo refused to give some tribute to them, he and his goons bit Noah half to death.

But Noah being the reason for his current predicament, there was no way it was possible. He knew Neo’s family were average and didn't have any special background, his older brother is considered a waste, that’s why after some thought in the middle of beating, he dumped Neo out of his mind.

Maddox continued wailing around until someone smacked him at the back of his head.

“Sir, what do we do with this person and his goons?” A man talked on the phone.

Warlock responded, “Just wait, we’ll go there in a few minutes. The distance here to there is not that far so we’ll arrive at around 10 minutes with the car”

With Warlock’s instruction, the man agreed and dropped the phone.

“My men had already gathered Maddox and his gang, are you ready to face him?” Warlock asked.

Nathan nodded in agreement.

In the next few minutes, they entered the car and headed by the old building, that’s where Warlock instructed his men as said by Nathan.

Just like Warlock said, as ten minutes passed, they arrived at the location.

They went upstairs and Nathan met Maddox.

It was the first time they had met but Nathan’s blood was boiling but he managed to control it.

“Wake him up,” Warlock instructed as his men poured cold water on Maddox as his goons became bewildered on what’s about to happen.

They thought inwardly, ‘Who the f**k did they manage to offend this time!’

At this time, the weak-willed goons already gave up on the idea of continuing with the gang.

With the cold water pouring at Maddox’s head, he woke up screaming frantically, gasping for air.

He looked around the building and saw two new faces, he deduced that they were the one who ordered the men in black to kidnap them.

“Who are you?!” Maddox screamed.

Though before Maddox could continue, he was struck in the gut with a powerful blow.

It was Nathan; as soon as he heard the voice of Maddox, he also recalled the sight of his brother’s beaten-up form in this dark building. He lost his cool and directly kicked the body of Maddox.

It was a heel dropped kick, it would hurt, really.

Maddox gasped for air and threw up, he was experienced in beating up people but him being the victim of such action, he was not experienced at all.

He was like most teenage bullies, a man whose all bark and no bite at all.

Maddox's body was aching for pain as he dropped sideways, also knocking up the chair he was being tied up to.

“Please stop!” Maddox's kingly aura vanished. What kingly aura, he’s just a kid with too much ego thinking he holds the throne.

Nathan only stared at Maddox that was on the ground, not heeding to any of his pleas.

“What the f**k did I even do to you!” Maddox shouted as he saw that Nathan doesn’t plan on stopping on what he has planned to do.

Nathan took a few steps towards Maddox, “Look at me and tell me I don’t look familiar.”

“Yes, you don’t look familiar, so can you just let me go please!” Maddox was crying, the member of his gang felt embarrassed, this was their leader, one punch to the gut and he’s already bawling his eyes out.

If Maddox heard them saying it, he’ll probably retort and say ‘Get punch in the guts before you say all that s**t.’

Nathan kicked him again, this time in the head, “I already juggled your brain, don’t tell me you still don’t know me.”

With that kicked in the end, Maddox's entire world was spinning. ‘Where the f**k did he saw Nathan,’ pain was such a good encouragement, Maddox was really thinking hard as he felt dizzy.

All of a sudden, he remembered something.

“It’s…you,” Maddox said weakly.

“You’re the brother of Neo!” Maddox's shout brought a questioning look from his goons as they all thought that they would seek revenge towards Neo once they got out.

Warlock saw the faces of the goons and he immediately guessed what’s on their mind.

“Are they all stupid or something?” Warlock asked one of his men, the latter didn’t know what to say.

“You’re so boring”

“You’re his brother, I saw you when we did a background check on him. You also resemble him. We promise to make up with him and never bother him, just please let us go.” Maddox miraculously gained energy, to be frank though he exerted all his energy just to say his plea.

Does he mean what he said? Of course, no, they’ll beat Neo more aggressively and then hide or even escape abroad. In regards to his goons, he’ll leave them as a scapegoat.

“Really you mean it?” Nathan's expression made a drastic change and said those words with a gleeful smile. 

1