She Long had been discovered (Chapter 96)
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The soul master who could make soul guides disappeared without a trace overnight."

"Nowadays, most of the only remaining soul guidance devices are storage soul guidance devices."

"Offensive soul guides and defensive soul guides are almost impossible to find on the Douluo Continent."

Lei Li's words won everyone's approval.

That was true!

Storage soul guides could be passed down for a long time due to their craftsmanship.

Because most of the materials for making ancient soul guides were "gems" and the like.

These "gems" had a certain space within themselves. With a little processing and inscriptions, they could last for a long time.

Attack and defense soul guides were different in that they were made of some special metal.

If used for a long time, they would eventually get damaged. They were not as durable as a storage soul guide.

Naturally, very few of them could be passed down.

Of course, those that could be passed down were almost all extremely powerful beings.

For example, the "Vast Sea Cosmic Shroud " was the Heart of Poseidon.

Yes, Poseidon's heart also belonged to the category of soul guides.

The eight major families had a long heritage, and there were still records of soul guidance tools and soul masters' words.

This was why everyone agreed with Lei Li's words.

Neuvillette was a little surprised. He knew that there were very few defensive soul guides at this time.

Being able to come up with a defensive soul tool could be considered a big deal.

Unfortunately, this thing still seemed to be of no use to him.

As a perfect dragon, Neuvillette's strength was still in its infancy, but there were very few people on the Douluo Continent who could hurt him now—very few!

If they could hurt him, even a defensive soul tool couldn't save his life.

Not to mention Focalors; she was a Archon!

Although her strength had not yet returned to its peak level, she was not something that the gods on the Douluo Continent could deal with.

By the way, the five-hundred-year-old Archon was also in her infancy, and the former Focalors had not reached her peak.

The five-hundred-year-old Archon did not mean that Focalors had only lived for five hundred years, but that she had only become a Hydro Archon for five hundred years.

As one of the dependents of the Egeria, Focalors had been a Oceanid for a long time.

"Little Neuv, open it and take a look!"

Lei Li stroked his beard and smiled.

This defensive soul tool had once saved Lei Li's life. He didn't know exactly what level of attack it could withstand.

Lei Qingqing curled her lips to the side, displaying her indifference. Defense? She couldn't care less.

Only the weak needed defense. Powerful attacks, constant attacks, and crazy attacks were what Lei Qingqing pursued!

Lei Li had once given this defensive soul tool to her, but she had rejected it!

A master never needed defense!

"Huh, grandpa knows how to use rags to fool little Neuv. The poor little guy doesn't know he's been fooled."

Lei Qingqing thought to herself but did not say it out loud. As a "lady," she still needed to learn basic etiquette. For this matter, her grandfather had spent a lot of time teaching her.

At that moment, neither Lei Li nor Lei Qingqing realized the true power of this "defensive soul tool"!

"Thank you, Grandpa Ray!"

Neuvillette nodded his thanks and then opened the box.

What came into view was a palm-sized red breastplate, lying quietly in the box, seemingly without any power.

"Hmm~"

Looking at the breastplate, Neuvillette raised his eyebrows. He had a vague feeling that this thing was not simple.

It didn't look like a separate piece, but like an accessory to some armor.

"Little Neuv, don't let its appearance deceive you. This little thing once enabled me to escape from the jaws of a 50,000-year-old Beast King,"

Having said this, Lei Li still felt a surge of fear. The most dangerous thing he had ever experienced in his life was being chased by that beast king!

Back then, he was only a soul emperor. Without this armour, he would never have become the leader of the Lei family.

As soon as he uttered these words, the clan leader glanced at him. He had gone through such an ordeal before.

Why had he never spoken up and shared it with them?

What a waste of a good story!

"Thank you, Grandpa Lei. This defensive soul tool is too precious. I..."

Neuvillette hesitated.

"It's really useless for me to have it."

He wanted to say this, but he kept it to himself.

If he did, Lei Li might storm off in anger.

"Just accept what I gave you!"

Lei Li interrupted him, waving his hand. "You know how your sister Qingqing is. She's a very aggressive girl."

"Now that all the brothers are here, you can protect her. But I don't know what will happen in a hundred years."

"Ahem, let's not talk about this at the annual meeting."

"You are the most talented among the new generation. These children will depend on you in the future. Take it; you deserve it!"

Lei Li's words were sincere. He and the other elders were not interested in Neuvillette's two self-created soul skills. They were more concerned about his potential.

This annual meeting was like an investment.

Neuvillette nodded, grateful for Lei Li's generosity. He was one of them, after all. He had shared his two self-created soul skills with everyone.

Besides, Lexius had broken through to a Titled Douluo, and Neuvillette had the qualifications to become one too.

Otherwise, how could he receive soul bones and ancient soul tools as gifts?

After thanking Lei Li again, Neuvillette proceeded to collect the gifts from the other clan leaders.

Most of them were soul bones.

On the Douluo Road, the thing that a soul master valued most, besides soul rings, was soul bones.

They thought they had given him the best, but unfortunately, the soul bones were useless to Neuvillette.

"I'll just return them when I visit you in the future."

Neuvillette thought to himself.

He couldn't refuse their gifts at this moment; otherwise, they would lose face.

After Neuvillette gathered all the gifts and returned to his seat, the "return gift" session was over.

Everyone resumed their conversations, telling each other about the interesting things that happened in their territories.

Suddenly, Neuvillette frowned, and so did Focalors, who was sitting next to them.

A slightly familiar yet unfamiliar voice had just arrived.

"Hmm?"

Neuvillette felt a vague sense of recognition.

He thought hard. Then his eyes widened. Wasn't this the person who had spied on him and Focalors when they were talking to Qian Renxue?

Neuvillette didn't know if it was She Long or Ci Xue.

She Long had just arrived and didn't know about the previous return gifts.

As soon as he looked at Neuvillette, he felt a faint chill on his back. Why hadn't he felt this way before...

•••

20 Early Chapter:

patreon.com/Yui36

4