6. Chapter – First battle – 3/3
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unfortunately for the wolf, its fate was sealed. A crystal spider, lurking high up in the tree, was ordered to eliminate anyone who survived the earlier encounter. The wolf sprinted probably two hundred meters, only to come face-to-face with the colossal spider. Confronted by the immense size of the spider. Eight ruby eyes were scanning the wolf. It instinctively understood that its demise was inevitable.

Choosing to face its fate, the wolf halted its run and observed what would unfold. As it stopped, its head was swiftly severed by a pre-set strand of web, leaving the creature beheaded and at the mercy of the crystal spider.

*****

Li Wei picked up the small axe with his right hand, readying himself to deal the final blow to his last opponent, who had absorbed his kick in the belly. The opponent's neck continued to bleed, and its eyes grew even darker in their shade of purple. As Li Wei made his move, his mind suddenly went blank, and he collapsed to the ground.

 

The wolf, sensing that Li Wei was incapacitated, let him be and swiftly rushed to aid the young wolf with Mei Lin, demonstrating a surprising shift in priorities.

*****

Mei Lin fought on the ground, launching a barrage of dirt at the attacking wolf around her. Wok was already under Wolf. The assault of the young wolf attacking her legs, attempted to take cover, though it proved futile. Frustrated, Mei Lin swung her bloody hand, clutching a knife, at the wolf's head. The knife made contact, but the wolf didn't sustain significant damage. It seemed unsure of how to finish her off alone, opting instead to bide time and perhaps coordinate with the others to ultimately eliminate Mei Lin.

As Mei Lin observed one of the older wolves approaching to assist, desperation set in, and increasingly dire ideas flashed through her mind. Realizing that this might be the end, she became more frantic. When the wolf moved in to attack, Mei Lin swung her knife, but unfortunately missed. The wolf lunged at her, and she attempted to evade, only to be pressed against something sharp which entered her back. On the ground a jagged piece of wood pierced through the soil.

In a desperate move, she managed to shift away just in time, causing the wolf to collide with the sharp wood. The makeshift weapon pierced through its lungs, leaving the wolf staring at Mei Lin. Seizing the opportunity, she grabbed her knife and plunged it into the wolf's eye. With that, the wolf died.

Then she fell unconscious. A bloody wolf with purple eyes went near her and prepared to tear to pieces for his comrades. If he bites Mei Lin she will probably turn into a demon monster, but before he bites her, a very gentle hand catches his tail. This hand is Li Weis. Wolf turned around and felt that his tail would be torn apart. His eyes were suddenly crystal clear without purple color. Li Wei unintentionally touches the wolf's soul and transforms it into something else.

For the first time, Li Wei tapped into his inner power without being aware of it. Well, moment he touched the wolf he fell unconscious. Typically QI Condensation cultivators could sense their souls to a limited extent, but transforming shapes or directly touching the souls of adversaries was an unprecedented feat for even higher realm cultivators. Only special types of cultivators that cultivate soul techniques can achieve this feat, but only on their soul, not others. Li Wei had unwittingly used his inner ability.

*****

On the bid snail under the umbrella sleeping deity opened her eyes. Her crystal-clear gaze radiated a brilliant light that pierced through the entire forest. With these all-seeing eyes, she beheld the reshaped soul of the wolf. A sinister smile curled upon her lips as she closed her eyes once more, perhaps harboring secret intentions linked to the unfolding events in the mysterious and enchanted realm.

*****

The spider immediately rushed back to Mei Lin and Li Wei, hidden from their view. In an instant, it killed the wolf with a spider web fashioned into a needle-like form. The needle pierced the wolf's head, instantly extinguishing its life and soul, ensuring that it could not be reincarnated. It was a swift and decisive end, bringing about absolute death for the wolf. After killing this wolf spider's gaze shifted to first youngest wolf which was fighting unconscious. Spider didn't get the order to kill this order so he watched this unconscious wolf and what he would do then he woke up. If he runs away he will let him go but if he tries to attack Li Wei he will die. The only problem will be to cover his steps, so Li Wei will not figure out that he was all the time protected and the spider never helped him and he ended up in this situation.

Spider entered a deep state of thinking about a plan to solve this situation. Not long after excellent idea was created. Complete foolproof plan. The spider will enter his mind with the web and create an illusion for the wolf so if he wakes up he would immediately run away. Spider was pleased with his brilliant idea. After achieving his goal he again went back into the tree and spread his aura so no animal would approach.

*****

Every living being can reincarnate but if someone kills another one and destroys his soul, he can't reincarnate anymore and is completely dead. This death is very common when lever cultivators fight. They usually completely kill their enemies before they don't want them to reincarnate and take revenge. The spider eliminated this wolf so drastically because of an order from the deity. She surely has a good reason for this action.

0