Chapter 1 – Unleash your desires
3.7k 16 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes open.

My name is Yami Yuumo, one of too many orphans living in the village hidden in the leaves, Konohagakure.
My father was a carpenter and my mother tended to a small bookshop.
Both died 17 years ago when the demon fox known as 'the 9-tails' or Kyuubi attacked the village.

As an orphan, I was cared for by the village and spent my early years in the Konoha Orphanage.

Thanks to being blessed enough in the chakra department, I was allowed to enroll in the ninja academy and given a small allowance and apartment to live in by myself until I could make a living as a ninja serving the village.

Being a ninja in this world means everything.

It means having a better life and it means having the power to defend myself and prevent fates such as the one that befell my parents.

Knowledge I did not have before floods my mind.

Naruto, a manga with an anime adaptation, but I can place those events in the world around because this is Konohagakure, the third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, leads our village at this time and the names of characters in the story even match several of my classmates at the ninja academy.

Only some details seem a bit wrong.
The development of the chakra network slows down both aging and maturity hence how a fresh genin's body may look 12 when they are 18 years old.
This is also how ninjas can live healthily up to the age of 100.

Who in their right mind would send immature 12 years olds out with nothing but a kunai to kill and get killed, we're not savage animals.
It's human nature and instinct to protect our young as much as we can!

A few other minor things also conflict with my lessons from the academy. The substitution jutsu was never mentioned and the idea of tagging along a summon is preposterous, wouldn't it allow ninjas to just teleport instantly from village to village by just sharing the same contracted summon?? Who would ever need escort quests when they could just use a summon teleport service!!??

In these memories, I see a play of future fights, victories, defeats, deaths and brief glimpses into a future after the war.
Fearsome enemies on the horizon such as the Akatsuki and Pain, a 4th great ninja war culminating with fighting the goddess of chakra Kaguya.

Why can't I find my name in any of these events? not even a footnote? Was this story in a world where I don’t exist or was I just irrelevant? Did I just die without a single achievement to be remembered for?

I don't like the story I'm being shown because I'm not in it.

I don't like this story because too much was lost along the way and the parts don't add up. It is too childish, convenient, innocent and taken too lightly.

How is every villain just convinced to trust Naruto through the power of his words and charisma, is he secretly hiding some brainwash-no-jutsu?

I'm not going to just stand back and entrust the class clown with a mission to save the world.

I don't trust him and I'm damn well going to carve out a place for myself in this life and story even if it means throwing this entire script out the window.

I want to carve out a story where even if I'm not the protagonist, I have both the power to defend myself and be surrounded by all the kunoichi I lust for.

Besides the story of Naruto and other popular anime, a lot of foreign concepts became familiar now, such as what is a computer, a television, the internet and AI.

Some very useful stuff like physics, psychology and biology are also in there. More knowledge is now crammed into my head than everything I've learned at the ninja academy but what use is knowledge without the power to defend it in this world?

Also, wtf is a meme and what's funny about loss?

A message appears inside my head.

Spread your corruption!
Corrupt the story and female cast of the Naruto world.
Corruption will deepen through contact with the main cast to unlock your true potential.
Minor Hormonal control obtained. 

Is this what novels call a system message?

I spend the next several minutes trying everything I can think of that would bring any more information or activate some kind of UI to a system.
Saying and thinking 'system', 'status', 'inventory' or 'character sheet'.
I even try making random gestures with my hand as if I were stuck in an VRMMORPG.

Nothing works. It looks like there is no system or quests, all I get is more information when I focus on the last message I received.

There is no system or quest to guide me on some divine task or objective.
No simple rewards from easy chores such as going to school or achievements such as getting promoted to genin.

From what I get I don't even need to do anything. Freedom is good, but I certainly will not say no to power, something that can give me a hand in surviving the approaching dark times

I would have no way of even surviving any of these threats as an ordinary genin without any overpowered kekkei genkai or special eye power.

Even just staying in Konoha and waiting for the plot isn't a safe plan seeing how the village got attacked multiple times and even leveled completely in the future.

There are no safe places in this world.

If I trust the systemless messages I receive, the path to power for me is by getting closer and more involved with the female cast.

This is a path I want to follow.

I want to join the main cast of the story and grow strong enough to ensure a happy ending for me and for all those that I love.

Knowing their future, I can't help but feel attached to the future plights the girls face and to their charming personalities.

In the original story, they achieved nothing of note and were always nothing but damsels in distress, or weak supporters that more often than not required constant babysitting.
narrative foils to make others seem stronger.

I was already attracted to several girls in my class.
But my fear of remaining too weak to protect them kept me from ever approaching.

Now...

I want nothing more than to change their fates and treat them properly from the start.

I don't want Sakura to blindly follow and suffer due to Sasuke.
I don't want Hinata to remain ignored for years.

And above all else.
I am a man, and I want them for myself.

91