Chapter 9: going shopping
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It's me, Jarek.” The girl with animal ears pointed at herself and answered. This time, not only did the hairstyle become shorter, but it also became brown. Jarek's ancient cloth outfit has now been replaced by an extremely short sports uniform. Because of that, her slender and strong muscles were on display.

“…Why did you change your form?”

Joker lowered his hand. He looked at the other person from head to toe with eyes filled with suspicion. Just like the previous two times, Jarek's appearance is also very different because of her shape-shifting ability. However, the common thing so far is that she always looks good, has tattoos on her body, as well as a very friendly personality that always makes him suspicious.

“I saw you let girls' phone screens have animal ears, so I thought you liked that.” Jarek explained with his puppy tail wagging rapidly. “But I admit that those girls are really famous, they are all very friendly, cute, full of energy, and somewhat humorous. So I understand why they attracted you~.”
“…”

Joker's face at that time could not smile, nor did he have an angry or shy expression. Because inside him, a concern began to form. From Joker's pessimistic eyes, he saw that Jarek was suddenly no different from a stalker, as well as at risk of being a yandere!

“W…what did you come to me for this time?” Joker sighed and began to change the subject, his face looking tired again. ”I don't work for free, it's the same with random dream deals these days. Unless you help me get stronger.”
“I thought you were more free when you didn't sleep anymore?” Jarek flattened one puppy ear and tilted his head.
"Just because I have more free time doesn't mean you can use it to force me to visit thousands!" Joker pouted and complained. ”At least now I don't have to worry about lacking time to play games or read books.”

“Dreamer can't dream anymore, that's ridiculous.” The Dreamer girl clapped her hands as if thinking of something. ”So what if I show you how to do business with your new ability, and you help me buy a car? Don't worry about money, I just want a reliable pilot."
“… Well, that sounds curious, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.” Joker frowned and stopped complaining. “So when do we go?”
“Whenever you are free~.” Jarek held her hands behind her back, a carefree smile still on her face.
“Then wait a minute, I'll change my clothes.”

The black haired boy went back inside the house. After only 5 minutes, he changed his shorts and t-shirt to jeans and another hooded shirt, wearing a Bag of Holding.

“Are you planning on going by air?” Joker commented when his eyes caught sight of Jarek appearing with feathered wings on his back.
“Of course, we can't waste too much of your time!” Jarek grinned and spread her wings.

“There's no need for that, just take your time today.” Joker closed the door, his indifferent expression unchanged.
“So, how do you plan to go?” Jarek's feathered wings folded and sank into her back. "Because the vehicles are different from before, I don't know if they will allow vehicles to roll on the ground like before?"
“Just take public transportation leisurely, otherwise we'll go by taxi.” The boy turned his head to look at her while walking out on the street.
“Then let me call a taxi~.”

Jarek happily took out her phone. Her puppy ears were erect, her eyes were wide open, and her fingers were fumbling to press application icons. It didn't take long for her to call a taxi enough for five people, and it floated before her and Joker's eyes.

“You learned how to use a smartphone quickly.” Joker went into the backseat and closed the door.
“Fortunately, the way to use it is not too different from a computer.” Jarek went into the other door of the backseat. Her finger scratched her cheek, one puppy ear folded back and a shy smile on her face.
“If you have any questions, just ask Google.”

The black-haired boy spoke concise advice, pulling on the seat belt. The driver of the blue-scaled Dragonborn did not interfere with the conversation, he just quietly started the car.

“Recognizing how fast humans develop…”

Jarek crossed her arms, tail curled down, eyes closed as she nodded her head. Meanwhile, Joker's mind began to roughly calculate Jarek's unfamiliarity with smartphones and compare it to computers. The fact that she doesn't know Portal or smartphones means she probably hasn't been to Earth in about 40 years!

“Ah, right!” Jarek put her hand in a small bag slung on one thigh. “Here, Burrito and Strawberry Crepe, which one do you want first?”

She took out two dishes from the bag that were smaller in size than the object she took out. One was a roll with chicken, vegetables and eggs, the other was a plate full of cream and strawberries.

“…” Joker looked at the fragrant cake of meat fried in oil, as well as the sweet smell spreading. But he just shook his head. “Actually, I haven't been hungry in days.”
“Eh, you're not sick or something, are you?” Jarek gasped, her dog ears erect.
“After having that unusual recovery ability, I'm not hungry or thirsty at all…” the black-haired boy leaned back in his chair, bored with the compress. “Even after drinking, I can't stay drunk for more than 10 seconds.”
“Your healing ability is really strong!” The puppy-eared Shapechanger munched on a Burrito with wide-open eyes filled with curiosity and impression.
“At least I don't have to worry about overeating, getting poisoned, or getting any diseases.” Joker shrugged and rolled down the window to enjoy the fresh air.

“Anyway, what do you think of the appearance this time?” Jarek chuckled, eyes intently looking at Joker's face, waiting for a reaction.
“…What do you mean?” Joker frowned one eyebrow.
“Looks good or not? If you have any ideas you like, just let me know.” Jarek wagged his tail repeatedly while giving suggestions.
“…” Joker sighed and looked absentmindedly elsewhere. ”A handsome blond guy, a beautiful woman with long shiny hair, and now a cute, energetic female puppy. Her aesthetic taste is good so I have nothing more to comment on.”
“Heheh, is that so~.”

The Shapechanger girl wagged her tail more intensely, her eyes narrowed and her smile was not worried at all. If he weren't in the car, Jarek would probably be jumping around in joy. At the opposite extreme, Joker's concerns are only greater. It felt like he was being exploited for personal information or weakness by Jarek, so that one day she would use it to get a hold of him! Even so, at this moment Joker can only click his tongue and ignore it for the immediate benefit.

--- 10 minutes later, at a private hospital---

Arriving at a two-story building, Jarek and Joker got out of the taxi. The black-haired boy planned to walk to the hospital entrance like a normal person. However, the puppy-eared Shapechanger didn't think so. Jarek held Joker again, she opened the feathered wings on her back and flew high, without any warning.

“…Can't you come here like a normal person?” Setting foot on the balcony, Joker's two eyebrows were close together as if forming a straight line. Even though he hadn't opened the door yet, the strong scent of disinfectant alcohol was clearly visible in his nasal cavity.

“Don't worry, we're all acquaintances. He didn't care, he even told me to go this way to make it easier." Jarek inserted her finger into the crack of the door, she gently unlocked it and entered the brightly lit room. “Haigh Cedar, long time no see.”

“Uh… Cedar is the name of my grandfather and the previous dean.” The red-haired man with a beard sitting in the office was stunned for a moment. He sat up confused, adjusted his glasses and held out his hand. “I'm Cecil, the current head of the surgical department, who are you?”

 

“Jarek, Cedar's friend~.” The puppy-eared girl shook hands in a friendly manner. “It's only been a while and he's already a grandfather.”
“Oh, I've heard you talk a lot about um… you.” Cecil smiled a bit awkwardly and then explained further. ”Now I also take over what he will do for you. So if you need anything, please feel free to tell me.”
“Okay, then I ask you a favor.”Jarek raised his hands towards Joker. “Can surgery be performed to buy his organs?”
“…Huh?” Cecil widened his eyes when he heard that.

“…Selling organs?” Joker raised an eyebrow at the sudden and somewhat strange suggestion. But after a moment, he immediately realized the problem. "So that's it..."
“But will he be okay?” Cecil adjusted his glasses and wanted to confirm the situation.
“He has a very strong recovery ability, his body recovers completely every 10 seconds, even when he dies!” Jarek smiled, her dog ears erect with confidence, as if she were saying something she was very proud of.
“The healing power is stronger than that of a Troll, that's impressive!” The bearded doctor looked intently at the black-haired boy. Then he turned to Jarek. “Oh yes, I heard you say that you are also one of the top doctors in the department, right? Why did you have to come to this place?”
“It used to be like that, but looking at all this technology, I think it's better to leave it to the experts.” The puppy-eared girl shrugged and stuck out her tongue playfully.

“Then I will check in with him.” Cecil started back at his desk and typed on the keyboard. He also picked up the phone and called his subordinate. “By the way, do I need to pay attention to his recovery ability?”
“I saw him have his body crushed and burned by the creature in Dream. Even got hit by a bullet while in this awakened realm. So I can guarantee!” Jarek winked and gave him a thumbs up.
“Okay, I will ask the best doctors to take this case.” The doctor stood up and walked towards the door, eyes on the Joker. This way, please.”

Joker nodded slightly and followed Cecil's instructions, where he would sign the forms to complete the surgery procedure.

--- An hour later, at a truck and bus parts store---

A large house with many cars outside and a large, prominent rolling door inside. Joker and Jarek left the taxi and went inside.

“It's really big and there are a lot of cars here~.” Jarek bounced around, looking around the area as if he was on a trip.
“…” Joker silently followed behind, his face looking gloomy and tired.
“What's wrong, Joker?” The puppy-eared girl turned her head to look.
“… The anesthetic kept running out mid-sentence, making it like being vivisectioned… and then the doctor had to ask you to give me the anesthetic continuously…” the black-haired boy pinched his eyebrows in a frown. . “Since being trained by family members, this is an unusual form of torture…”
"Really." Jarek scratched his cheek and smiled shyly. “At least, they did well, right? Just like if you're stuck for money, you know a convenient place to sell your blood and organs.”
“…Even though fake organs and artificial blood are not so strange anymore, perhaps fresh products are still the preferred choice.” Joker shrugged and accepted this new way to make money. “By the way, how well do you know that doctor's family?”

“Cedar was a Dreamer when he was younger that I accidentally saved, just like you and Alan.” Jarek wiggled his owl ears, smiling slightly. “Although not a strong Dreamer like you two, Cedar has become a talented doctor. He helped a lot of people, as well as helping me exchange goods when I was stuck with money~.”
“You really know a lot of people, living a long time is different.” Joker nodded and looked inside the building. He didn't intend to ask further, because he was sure it would be difficult for that person to still be alive at an old age. "I don't really know anything about cars. Vehicles, parts, engineers are all here. If you want more unique Magic Tool products, I can introduce you to someone I know. ”

“… Magic Tool?” Jarek blinked a few times, one of her puppy ears flattened.
“Seriously…” Joker's gaze half closed at that question. Something that was common sense was so obvious that even today's children knew it, but the girl in front of him did not. ”…They are artifacts filled with Raw Magic energy - the raw state of all things in reality, and the same energy of warriors and Spellcasters. The best medical equipment she had seen, the Dungeon, the Portal, the flying cars. It's all Magic Tools!”
“Hm… so Magic Tool and Raw Magic are basically the same as Dream from Dreamers!” The Shapechanger clapped her hands, her ears and tail erect with excitement.
“…Depends on how you understand.” Joker sighed and walked out. "I'll wait outside, let me know when it's done."
“Ceart go leor~.”

Jarek gave him a thumbs up and grinned. Joker left the building and breathed in the fresh air. He took his phone out of his pocket, his fingers swiping the screen while leaning against the wall. Although he was depressed and somewhat impatient, he still tried to patiently follow Jarek at least until he became much stronger. At the same time, a young man with long black hair with a shorter and somewhat thinner figure appeared.

The boy in the black suit took out a roll of paper from his pocket and approached the building.

“Ah, I kept you waiting for so long~.” Jarek left the building after a while of shopping and questioning the engineer. Her smile was replaced by wonder as she looked around frantically. “Hm, Joker?”

0