Chapter 10: Demons
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- ---

“…What brings me here?”

Joker opened his eyes, he saw a lack of light around. Surrounding him were rough walls of rock just like in a cave. On the wall was a rock that was the only source of light here. The surrounding damp air, the smell of moss, and even the foul smell of wild animals. Looking at this place with no traces of civilization, he realized he hadn't been here for a long time, Dungeon!

“You should understand some of the reason, right?”

A familiar voice spoke, calm as a lake and carrying the warmth of spring. The knife sparkled with firelight, illuminating the speaker's face. The person who originally had almost closed eyes and a friendly smile now had a look like a bullet wanting to hit the Joker. The young man's mouth curled down in discomfort.

“What do you need to invite so many people, Yong?” Joker stood up and brushed the dust off his pants, his gaze still unshakable. He clearly saw two people hiding in the dark, weapons and armor all over them.
“They just made sure no one came to interfere. Now let's talk like men.”

Yong said then another knife appeared in his other hand. He launched it into the ground in front of Joker, with his other hand he rotated the weapon and pointed the knife at the opponent. Even though he was imprisoned in this place with few people, Joker still stood indifferently with his hands in his pockets.

“Pick up the knife!” Yong raised his voice.
“I don't have time to play this game with you.” Joker replied coldly.

Pow

Yong rushed forward and kicked Joker in the stomach! The black haired boy fell against the hard and rough wall, his stomach and back were extremely sore from the impact.

“If you think this pain is a joke.” Yong pointed the knife just 1cm away from Joker's nose. "Or you prefer to be hurt rather than fight back, you coward!"

Bang

“Guh!?”

Joker raised five fingers towards Yong, five steel wands flew out like bullets and stabbed into the opponent's thigh! The Asian boy had no time to react to this development. He couldn't hold back the sudden pain and spoke out loud.

"…Uncle!"

Yong glared and gritted his teeth. He staggered back, raising the knife in a defensive stance. That Asia guy reluctantly pulled out the chopsticks that were stuck about a knuckle deep from his thigh. Blood began to flow out in streams, but his gaze remained fixed on Joker.

"Go and take care of your feet, where am I going-" Joker walked away with words that seemed to show contempt for Yong.

Pow

Yong punched Joker in the face, that answer interrupted the opponent's words.

“… You're still so stubborn with your legs like that?” Joker gritted his teeth in irritation as his whole body was stuck to the rough ground again.
“What wound?”

Yong glanced down with growing anger. When Joker observed Yong's wound, the fire from his knife stopped the bleeding, and the holes in his thighs healed again!

“STOP DELAYING, JOKER!”

Bang

Yong's arm swung up, the knife rushed forward without hesitation. The sharp blade pierced the air to cut off Joker's face. Joker's arm rose to block the attack with quick reflexes. The knife pierced his flesh, fresh blood flowed out and dyed his arm red. The blade was stuck in the forearm bone, completely unable to advance further. Sharp pain spread throughout Joker's arm. The blood boiled and evaporated from the temperature of the blade. The strong funky smell of evaporating blood permeated the entire space, penetrating the sense of smell of everyone there.

“IF YOU'RE NOT A COWARD BITCH BUT A WILD THEN PROVE IT, JOKER ZONE!” Yong cried out with all his might, his voice echoing throughout the walls.
“…”

Joker gritted his teeth, not shouting a word. His forearms were covered in burns from the scorching fire, making his survival instincts scream endlessly. Even so, it seemed like the wound wasn't something that really hurt him. Yong's words were what attacked Joker's self-esteem!

Pow pow pow

Three consecutive punches hit Yong in the face. Joker forced the person facing him to take a few steps back, releasing the flaming knife.

“What the hell do I have to prove!”

The black-haired boy pulled the knife from his forearm and threw it away. The burned puncture wound on his hand and the bruise on his face have completely healed. His eyes now seem to burn brighter than a knife! That scene made Yong's breath skip a beat.

“No?” Yong regained his balance to stand straight. Gently wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth from the two punches, a bitter smile appeared from his mouth. “A prestigious family, a warrior prodigy among children of the same age, someone favored by the gods. Or in your eyes, I AM SO LOW THAT I AM NOT WORTH COUNTING!”

After a scream that erupted like a volcano, Yong's body lit up. The Asian boy's entire body grew taller, his muscles bulging and turning red. The cracks all over his body were as bright as lava. Bat-like wings appeared on its back, and red horns grew on its forehead. Along with his bright eyes of dawn and his body like a torch shining in the dark cave, Yong now looks like a Demon coming out of Hell!

 

“Hm, are you always showing off-“ Joker said sarcastically, but didn't have time to finish his sentence.

Crack

“Guh!”

The black-haired boy shivered from the sharp pain in the newly healed wound. With one kick in that new form, Yong easily broke Joker's arm in two!

Pow pow pow

Yong at that time was like a red tornado. The fist was so fast that Joker didn't have time to see anything until he hit him in the stomach, not with one but several blows! The air in his abdomen was thrown out, Joker doubled over and had no time to accept this development. Yong continued to add a few more spinning kicks to his opponent's ribs. This time Joker heard a series of cracking sounds. His body staggered, and his mouth began to smell of blood. The Chinese man with martial arts skills became a tireless machine. Every punch, every kick carries power far beyond human limits. Even when Joker raised his hand to defend, it was no different from a dry tree branch crumbling before a storm.

Boom

The Joker's broken bones and injured body fell to the ground, almost motionless. He was no different from a puppet whose strings had been cut off by a series of lightning attacks. At that moment, his body convulsed as he felt the pain from the wounds all over his body.

"How? Let's release everything else, or am I not even worthy of your rebuttal?” Yong glanced with glowing eyes at the floor, where the Joker lay motionless and covered in blood.

“…I'm not talented and loved by everyone like my cousin... I'm not a perverted prodigy with wide connections like my eldest brother. Not trying hard enough to win like his cat aunt. Not fiercely passionate, optimistic, or calm like my three younger siblings..." His body trembling, Joker slowly stood up as his wound healed again. He stood up straight and shouted straight at Yong. ” AND WORSE, I COULDN'T FIGHT IN THE DUNGEON ON MY OWN, I EVEN FAILED miserably IN Drills. YOU TELL ME, WHAT COULD I DO BETTER!”
“…” Yong pursed his lips for a moment, his eyes glaring and his voice equally loud. “If that day was a shame for you, then for me it was a brave image that was engraved in my heart!”
“DON'T PULL ME INTO YOUR FANTASIES!” Joker said then raised five fingers in the opponent's face.

Jingle clang clang

Steel wands shot from Joker's fingertips as fast as bullets. However, they all bounced off when they hit Yong's face. The young man in Fiend's guise took a few steps back, his arm raised to prevent the wands from hitting his eyes.

“Let's fight each other to the death, Mr. Yong is full of blood.” One of the Hunter group following Yong commented. He wore thick military armor and held a battle rifle in his hand.
“But that boy is also strong, he never falls down.” The man next to him also made comments while observing. He also wore tight armor but was more compact, with a short submachine gun strapped to his waist. "As for me, I'm already crying for forgiveness."
“But… it's a worry to do something shady like this.” Hunter, his battle rifle in his hand, slumped his shoulders in worry.
“Let's see, I just stopped the stranger from entering with a tranquilizer gun and stood guard. If something happens, he will take responsibility ~.” The other Hunter shrugged in a carefree manner.

“Looks like you're in trouble again, Joker~.”
“Huh!?”

Jarek suddenly stood right between the two men and watched. Both Hunters were so panicked that they cried out.

Bang bang

Those two Hunters immediately opened fire to shoot bullets containing anesthetics at the strange dog-eared female to prevent intervention. However, they could not have predicted that the girl would catch the bullet!

“Calm down, I won't interfere in the battle, I'll just stand and cheer~.” The Shapechanger girl wiggled her dog ears with a small, friendly smile. She opened her hand, two bullets fell to the ground one after another and made a cold metallic sound! “And if they finish work early, you two will be better too, right?”
“…” Hunter held the rifle in his hand, bewildered, not knowing what to say.
“Y-yes, unnecessary fights are bad…”

The other man put the submachine gun in the holster on his side. The two men secretly understood that they should not cause more trouble with someone who could easily take their lives! As an implicit contract, both Hunters returned to observe Yong and Joker's match.

"Second lesson, dreams are power. Depending on your dream and how you believe in yourself, it will become your curse or your blessing, your burden or your wings!”

Jarek cried loudly, enough to drown out the sound of Joker's hand gun, the sound of steel chopsticks continuously falling on the floor, or rocks being broken by Yong's punch.

“Huh!” Joker was startled and turned to the voice. “When did you come?”
“Just arrived~.” The Shapechanger girl smiled, she waved her hand and the dog's tail swayed continuously. "Do your best, don't hold back your heart anymore. This is the next important step for you to get stronger.”
“…”

No questions, no objections, because he understood how effective Jarek's advice was. The black-haired boy took a deep breath to calm down and stopped protesting. His mind was immersed in thoughts, his eyes looked at Yong without leaving.

“…Who is she?” Realizing the presence of that strange face and the Joker's changing expression made Yong unable to avoid extreme curiosity.
“A hermit who lives somewhere deeper than Earth's core and beyond the solar system.” Joker replied in a voice that was back to normal, like his injuries. He raised five fingers and pointed at Yong. “Let's get this over with, Yong.”
"…Okay."

Poof

Yong replied and immediately grabbed Joker's fingers and twisted them up. His knuckles were broken, causing the black-haired boy to lower his arms in pain.

“You'll need more than a pair of chopsticks to defeat me.” The boy dressed as Demon looked at the other person indifferently. He couldn't understand what Joker was planning.

Phew

Without any warning, Joker suddenly sprayed water from his mouth, as fast and abundant as a fire hydrant on the side of the road! That unexpected counterattack caused Yong to be blocked from sight, and even pushed back by the water pressure!

Phew

The next second, a large amount of white matter spewed out from the black-haired boy's mouth. They stuck to Yong's face, the walls, and the floor, making it look like he was stuck in a spider web!

"Rice flour?" Yong tried to forcefully pull the white thing off his face and tried to understand the situation.

Bang bang bang bang

“GAH!”

Pain spread from all over Yong's elbows and knees. From where he was injured, he saw a hole and blood pouring out!

“I'm ready to shoot you if necessary, Yong.”

Joker walked up to Yong, his thumb pointing straight at the middle of his face. The boy's remaining four fingers were all broken and purple, but his appearance was still proud, his back as straight as a pillar. His eyes looked straight at Yong, without the slightest hesitation.

 

“End this game, or I'll gouge you like a tank.”

Joker demanded in a low, even voice. Yong was also stunned by the Joker in front of his eyes. Without fatigue, pain, indifference, fear, the eyes of a steadfast warrior he hadn't seen in a long time.

“…Sigh.”

After a few seconds of silence that felt like hours, Yong sighed in relief. The boy's Demon appearance gradually disappeared. The boy's body gradually returned to its original size, his pale yellow skin color returned, his horns and tail gradually shrank and then sank into his body.

"If I keep trying, I'll lose." Only then did Yong smile again, the skin on his face also relaxed.
“Still awake.” Joker breathed a sigh of relief and lowered his hand. He turned to Jarek and the other two Hunters. ”Give me a hand to get this idiot out of this mess.”
“CGL~.” The puppy-eared Shapechanger heard that and immediately jumped up and walked over. “It's been hard for both of you~.”

 

CGL: Ceart go leor = Ok

0