Arc 1 – Chapter 1
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The S

Arc 1: The «One» Beginning

Chapter 1

«Rustling, Flowing, Gushing»

 

A single dark purple crackling ball started to form slightly above the ground in the forest which growing bigger and bigger and single silhouette drop to the ground before the ball disappear without a single trace of both its appearance and disappearance.

 

«Akagami Leo»

 

I, Akagami Leo, 21 years old, a jobless college student, am now enjoying good shut eyes which has been a while with the nicest temperature and atmosphere I prefer.

Ideal warmth, occasionally small breezes, the sounds of chirping birds, dancing grasses, and the smell of greenery which can be found in the forest. I like to Hm?

Confuse as to why such things can be felt in which I live most of my life as a city person, I open my eyes.

An unfamiliar view of leaves hanging with some sun light passing through gap entered my vision.

[Where… am I?] (Akagami Leo)

I stand up. Looking around, the scenery entered is that of a forest. Tall trees, grasses, flora species and mushroom which I am not quite knowledgeable of growing sparsely here and there.

[Forest? What has happened? My memories… I am supposed to be celebrating Old and New with my friends.] (Akagami Leo)

[Is this kidnapping? If so, it’s weird that I am not tied up and no sight of the kidnappers around.] (Akagami Leo)

Becoming even more confused, as I hold my head trying to remember the event between, suddenly I feel stabbing pricks from on my palm which startled my confused mind.

Reflexively, I move my hands away and look at the palm, nothing is there but I notice something different.

My nails are slightly long and sharp, it is not weird to call them claws though different from dogs or cats’ claws.

But that still doesn’t explain the sensation I felt on my palm. Ignoring the claws like nails, I rub the top of my head slowly only to stumble upon two hard things, not on my forehead but on my head. Of course, it isn’t accessory since I tried to pulled it off yet to no avail.

The image and answer to those two hard things and nails are as easily imagined as I quite an otaku myself.

[Horns? Does my body change?] <Akagami Leo>

Though the horns are quite small only a few centimeters at best from the base to the tip. They are also quite sturdy and hard from the way I felt it, like iron/steel. The same can be said to the claws which take place where the nails are supposed to be at my fingers.

[Ohhh.] <Akagami Leo>

Rather than panic/fear, I feel excited about it. You know, you ever wish to be something different after watching/reading an anime/manga.

Like how the MC become something different and dark after his anger explodes or near death. I am quite a chuunibyou myself, a closet one of course.

Back to analyzing the situation, looking and touching every inch possible of my body, I can say a lot of things change.

First, it would be my clothes, they are different from what I wore before I woke up here. A black coat with small crimson stripes on top of a crimson turtleneck shirt.

Pair up with a fit slightly on the thick side black pants with the same crimson stripe design as my coat, and a durable yet soft and comfortable boots.

[I am no fashion expert but I can say it is quite fashionable. However, now is the worst time to be this conspicuous. *sigh*] (Akagami Leo)

Lastly, these are the last changes which I can ascertain of in my current situation.

There are claws on my foot in place of toenails too as well as a black scaly crimson striped spearhead - tail growing slightly above from the slit of my beautiful buttocks.

The length from the base to the tip probably the same as from the tip of my finger to my shoulder.

Then, fangs. My fang teeth also seem to be sharper and a tad bit longer than usual. My ears are of pointy shape though the length of them is not any different from how they were.

[Not just my body but it seems my race’s identity itself has change completely.] (Akagami Leo)

However, only one race match with these characteristics based on LN’s knowledges I know of.

A common humanoid demon. A demon with identical appearances as human but with horns, claws and tail. Though there is a demon which also has wings in addition, but too bad I don’t have those. I really need that even though I don’t know how to fly.

[Questions remain whether my looks especially my facial appearances are the same as my human’s or not as there are no mirrors or something alike around, and…] (Akagami Leo)

What kind of demon am I? I am very excited that fantasy-like things happened to myself but I really want to excuse myself from species which looks are not quite a candy to the eyes though.

And rather than being kidnapped, it is highly possible that I am being summoned/transported, it often happens in anime/light novel. I really wish there is a summoner or memories of meeting «God/Goddess» right now and if possible being summoned in a castle rather than here.

Anyway, I should quickly get out from this forest first and find a town before it gets dark.

A citified human like me stands no chance against raw mother nature. «Former Human», having neither knowledge nor skills of surviving in the wilds will 99% kill me before tomorrow sun rises. 100% certain if this fantasy like things right now is in another world.

Looking around, I don’t even know where to go. Worst, I may even go even deeper into the forest. This situation is also similar to those from light novels.

I can feel my heart beats slight faster than normal and my body getting hot despite the cold temperature in this unknown forest. It seems reality finally kicks in as excitement change into anxiety.

[This is the worst. Really the worst.] (Akagami Leo)

If only I can see from bird’s eye view, or a flowing river, I can have clearer choices to choose.

There are trees around and they are quite tall. Climbing seems like an option, but I have never done any climbing. So, rejected.

[I don’t want to injure myself from falling. Especially right now.] (Akagami Leo)

*tap* *tap*

I started to walk around in circle trying to think and calm down a bit.

As my thought running wild, I look up and see sunlight seep through the leaves, images of my family come into mind.

*Breathe in* *breathe out*

I start to calm down a bit, at least enough to have clearer view and thought on the situation.

The things which raise my survival are, exit the forest as the highest, finding a safe place to stay the night the next, finding water and food is also necessary in the process.

Those are the viable and most realistic options I could think of. Self-defense is out of question; I know absolutely nothing except my chuunibyou imagination and otaku stuff for self-defense and combat especially unarmed.

Even though there are some berries and mushrooms can be spotted around, I just know, everyone know that you must not eat or even try them. Absolutely. Even more so if there is a possibility this is a completely different world.

[Hmmm… which way should I go? I can feel myself getting hungry as time passes.] (Akagami Leo)

There is nothing here except those questionable berries and mushrooms which may started to look appetizing any time soon.

[I can’t just walk around blindly in the forest either. *sigh*] (Leo)

As silent slowly encroaching, a gentle breeze can be felt slightly despite the trees and sounds of rustling and falling leaves.

Wind, huh? Should I follow where the wind comes from?

[It’s better than staying here doing nothing.] (Akagami Leo)

 

---- One hour passed ----

 

After trekking through the forest non-stop toward where the wind gradually came from hopefully it is. I can feel the wind blowing more each time making me think that an exit is near or so I hope. However, the end is nowhere in sight.

*pant* *pant* [Not yet, huh?] <Akagami Leo>

Though the sensation of the ground does feel nicer than the asphalt or cemented road.

However, being a city person, trekking through uneven ground and obstacles like tall grasses is effectively taking a toll on my mind and body.

*rururu *rururu *rururu *kaa *kuu *kruu

As I getting my breath in order, suddenly sounds can be heard through the silence of the forest.

It is nearby.

After getting my breathing in order, I focus on what and where the sounds are. The sounds of water flowing can also be heard maybe from up ahead. And there are those sounds mixed in.

It is nerve-wracking but the water is more important right now. I am really thirsty. Death by thirst comes faster than hunger if I am not wrong.

I started moving forward carefully towards the sounds which gradually becoming clearer the closer I get. I am certain there is a river up ahead as well as something.

As I got closer, I try to make as little sound as possible albeit unskillful at it. I hope that something not going to notice it. Hiding behind a slightly bigger tree, I pop a bit of my head out and peep toward the source.

Luckily, the grasses here aren’t as tall as where I came from and the trees aren’t as big either.

!!!

I can’t believe what I am seeing is what I want to say, but I kind of expected they do exist by my circumstances if I am right about it.

There is a river with the width probably around more or less 4 meters surrounded by rocks and gravels and few other vegetations.

On my side of the river, there are two small dirty green humanoid somethings around maybe around half size of average adult human with pointy ears and ugly face wearing kind of dirty raged cloth covering their lower part.

They are communicating with each other or something.

[Kaaa Kuuu Bala Ga!] (Something A)

[Ga Gruuu… GA!!!] (Something B)

Looking closely and longer, there is no doubt, those are

Goblins!

They are almost exactly as what is drawn and describe in those fantasy stuffs.

With this, I am certain this is not the world I know but another world.

One of them is holding some kind of sharp wood and the other one is holding a wooden club. Both of their weapons have traces of blood.

This is bad! Even though I am almost there! I know goblin is one of the weakest monsters, but that is in the game, it might be strong like in that one anime.

I can’t underestimate those goblins by recklessly charging in to defeat them unarmed! I need to get away before they notice!

Thinking of a way to get to that river with the least risk, the only way is to walk further away from here, either down or up the river quietly.

I decided to go up the river for hygiene reason. As I am trying to back away slowly.

[GAAAA!!] (Goblins)

What!? Do they notice me?

Surprised by the sudden scream from both goblins, I quickly turned, stop stiff and gazes toward where they are.

[RAAA—Bu!] (Goblin 2) [GAAA--- Bu!] (Goblin 1)

It seems I misunderstood the scream just now.

The goblins just started to fight each other, maybe from those bickering which looks like they just have a conversation to me just now.

At the moment it seems the club one is on the top of the fight. Logically, the spear one would have the advantage in term of range but, the one who wield it is a goblin.

It probably just doesn’t know how to properly use spear in a fight. Well, if they do, that will be a problem in and of itself. So, maybe this is the best outcome.

I should just stay and not making any unnecessary movement.

--- Few minutes passed ---

The battle just ended. The winner at the end is the ‘spear goblin’. The battle was brutal and nauseating.

[Graaaaa…] (Spear Goblin)

Those are the only words fit for the scene happened in front of me as the winner goblin stabbed repeatedly on the loser goblin even after the loser goblin died from the stab piercing into its body resulting in massive blood loss from the wounds including the graze wounds accumulating throughout the battle.

Now, I can say that the MCs from the light novel can just start fighting and killing without fear and continuously to do so must be either insane, have strong resolve, having a game mindset or pure psycho. Or maybe all of it.

As I have seen, think, and rest enough, I stand up from my crouch position, slowly and quietly moving away from the bloody scene, injured goblin and the river.

I resume walking in the upstream direction of the river from afar.

Confirming that I have walked a distance far enough from the goblin, I head to the river to have a drink to quench my thirst.

As I walk toward the river, my body instinctively move back a bit as something fly past me a few millimeters away from my face.

I can’t see what flew past me as my eyes move toward the place where that something fly to, but nothing is there. As I feel confused,

[Don’t move!] (???)

A stern and deep voice can be heard directly by the side of my ear, as I sense a presence from my behind and sharp tip can be felt lightly pressed on my back.

0