Premonition
34 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alicia was guided by the Matriarch through a hallway filled with many strange writings and diagrams, gleaming with a touch of magic.

The duo reached the end of the hallway, which was a wall, a reflective wall, and for the first time Alicia saw herself. 

She had become a child, looking no older than eight, explaining her decreased height and little girl that everyone referred to her as.

Her body had changed,hair that was once dirty and black was now lucious and grey, her eyes shone crimson, her overall facial structure was altered.

Alicia was in rags, the remnants of a strange clothing she didn't recognize, she gasped as nothing made sense anymore.

The Matriarch halted in front of a massive pendulum, the size of a chariot. 

Eight distinct gem shaped holes were carved into the object, only one had a gem placed in it, it was green in color.

"What is that". Alicia curiously asked.

"That is the pendulum of nexus, our seers received it's name from a vision of the gods"

The Matriarch looked at her.

" I'm so sorry to ask, ma'am, but why is everyone deformed and blue?" Alicia inquired reluctantly.

" It's alright, the reason we are that way is because the aether is not compatible with our bodies, it forces it's way in regardless, corrodes the skins and reforms our bodies". The matriarch answered.

Alicia furrowed her brow " what is aether".

The matriach glanced at the girl with a look of suprise, grabbing Alicia's head with her two hands, looking into her two eyes before combing through her head for any injuries.

"Are you sure you didn't hit your head". She asked after concluding her search.

"Um... I don't remember anything actually, I woke up in a body dump only recently". The transmigrator half lied through her teeth.

'I can't let her know I'm not from this world, it would be stupid to go around letting everyone know everything about me, I'll pretend to have lost my memory', the grey haired girl thought.

The woman looked at her sympathetically and continued "then do you know why we rescued you".

'Rescued me?, didn't you guys hit me with a damn club', Alicia wondered in silent outrage.

"You are the fated one, said to bring our civilization out of this grim era".

" How do you know that", the girl asked, looking confused.

"A prophecy, passed down from outcasts, it is said that a child with crimson red eyes will liberate us the outcasts and the whole world".

" Outcasts?", the child questioned.

Yes, we on account of being abominations that are not suitable with aether are banished from the factions to be fed to fleshfiends, they say we are useless. The matriach finished angrily with a hiss.

"We have come together since decades and hidden underneath the veil". The aged woman continued as she regained her composure.

"You have much to learn, but first we must awaken your aether, and assist you in every way".

" Since you are without a name, I shall give you one". The woman stated as she touched Alicia's shoulders.

"Umm, I don't remember anything else but I Know my name". The young girl spoke timidly.

" I'm Alicia" she looked up at the matriach, only to look back at the ground immediately.

The woman stared down at her for a while with an unreadable expression before looking away.

"Come, Alicia", she said before walking off, with Alicia awkwardly tailing her.

***

A young girl of eight walked in a chilly hall, following two people, she seemed to be recalling all the events that had transpired that day.

Everything had happened so fast, from her execution to reawakening in this new strange world.

Honestly she was no stranger to witnessing strange incidents, she saw many in her world.

One of which led her to be accused of witchcraft, leading to her execution.

She had spoke up denying doing the act, but nobody ever listened to her, she was the outcast, they threatened and gaslighted her so much that she doubted herself. 

Alicia held a pained smile on her face as she realised how much she fit in with the outcasts. 

Trapped in a body of a child, and... Her eyes perked up as she remembered the board magic she possessed.

A status window popped up in front of her face, startling her as she looked to the face of her companies and saw a confused look on their faces. 

"What's wrong, what startled you", the person clearly a woman in her twenties asked.

Oh...nothing, I just zoned off and remembered something", Alicia responded.

She faced the status panel in front of her which now had a grey tone and held more information. 

: Alicia

Title: Deathforged Wanderer

Level: 1

---

Abilities:

*Corrosive Touch (level 1): Infuse melee attacks with necrotic energy, causing decay. 

---

Attributes:

*Soul Affinity:* Ancient(---)

*Health Points (HP): (0/100) (earned from basic exercise, and doubled from eating enemies)

*Regeneration: Slow passive regeneration consuming (HP) due to the Death System.

*Energy Points (EP):* (10/50) (earned from absorbing enemy soul).

*Memento Drain:* Consumes EP for heightened effects during intense moments.

*Vitality: 2.

*Endurance (Increased stamina and resistance to fatigue): 1.

*Strength: 1.

*Muscle Mastery (Enhanced physical strength for combat maneuvers): 0.

*Psychic Resilience( Increased mental fortitude against psychological attacks):1.

Survival Score: 1/3.

*Resourcefulness:0.

*Experience Points (XP):0.

 *Evolution Potential: Unlocked after defeating 15 high-grade fleshfiends.

Fleshfiends killed (0/15)].

*Inventory (locked, can be opened at the fifteenth level) 

*Tasks

*Skills

-Notice Description 

[Player, you have been saved from imminent death and have been given a chance at life in this new world, the (----------) has seen potential in you and has tasked you to redeeming the world the gods have destroyed.

Should you fail, all would be lost including your life, should you succeed your reward shall be boundless.

This system was gifted to specifically guide you and bring you victory, it has the potential to give you great power, power you must work for.

Prove your worth Player, good luck.

Select tasks and evaluate to officially begin your journey].

The words she read invoked many feelings in her, she was perplexed that such an important role was given onto her.

She had no one and was ignored by her townspeople for some reason. This responsibility was new to her and would take some time for her to digest.

The girl and her companions kept on walking as she she selected tasks, 

Only one task was available and it spelt out 

[Increase all attributes by one unit]

[Rewards-one ability and 30 EP].

The girl selected the skills as it read empty, she instinctively willed the window to close as her name was called in a strange manner.

"Alicia". 

She looked disheartened as she remembered she was to be trained by the two individuals she had been following as an order of the matriach.

The two fellows were women, one of them had her eyes bulging out of it's socket, her head narrowed in an arrow shape with skin so coarse, patchy and blue. 

The other possessed a bulging head with hollowed cheeks, her fingers were long and ugly, her skin was blue but not as coarse and ugly as the first. These deformed features gave them a grotesque and horrifying look, every outcast possessed similar deformities.

"We'll stop here" the big headed woman remarked as they stopped in front of a bronze iron door.

"We begin tomorrow", she imprinted her magic as the door clicked open heavily.

They stepped in as the arrow shaped head woman pushed the giant doors closed. 

This made the young transmigrator uneasy, these were her trainers, the ones to make her a combat monster in two months.

Two months was all Alicia had to gain combat skills and bring out her 'aether', according to the matriach.

She would then infiltrate the faction and do something they didn't tell her yet, she had a bad feeling about that, the outcasts and everything else.

Alicia was deep in thought as was addressed by one of her trainers.

"You rest for today, we begin tomorrow".

" If you die, you join the rest and you don't leave this hall until you are strong enough" 

Alicia gulped the moment the deformed trainers passed her by.

Her whole body was drenched in sweat and eyes darted around the dim lit combat hall which held strange blurry diagrams on the walls and numerous weaponry, the hall led to another hall housing different rooms. 

"Oh my it is very hot in here". Left the girl's lips awkwardly as she walked on, probably to ask where her room was from her supposed masters. 

5