Chase
93 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His master, Zen, was a strange person. He doesn’t seem to talk much. He was rarely seen outside the peak.  

Lin Mo had always been curious about what lay behind his master's hooded hat, but even as his disciple, he had never seen his master's face.

Usually, in order to become an Elder, one must meet certain requirements and have a strong connection with the sect. However, Elder Zen seemed to have appeared out of nowhere one day and without any formal ceremony, assumed the position of Elder. After the appointment of the new Elder, rumors started to spread throughout the sect as people speculated about the identity of the sixth elder.

When walking down the peak, he noticed something from the corner of his eye. He turned to see his apprentice brother walking beside him.

“When did you appear, Brother Wu?!” he was startled, as he hadn’t heard or sensed anyone near him.

“What are you saying? I’ve been around you since you woke up,” Wu Di said with a proud smirk.

“What?! You’ve been there the whole time?”

Wu Di proudly nodded, “I was also cultivating at the pond beside you.”

“How didn’t I notice? Don’t tell me you advanced in the skill you were training, Brother Wu.”

Wu Di didn’t deny it.

Both of them seem to have made progress during their stay at their master's residence over the past few days.

“Let’s go to the city, brother. We are celebrating today.” The two descended the peak, heading towards the city.

In the city, the two apprentice brothers entered a restaurant to celebrate.

Lin Mo noticed a few familiar faces around the corner.

They were the disciples from the Sun Sword Sect.

Lin Mo didn’t bother and went to a table with his apprentice brother. Today was a day to celebrate.

“Waiter!” he called. “Bring us two pots of fine wine and two plates of roasted pork.”

It was already late afternoon. The restaurant was getting crowded with people entering in groups.

A group of disciples in white attire entered the restaurant. Looking around, there were not many empty seats.

Just when they were about to leave, their gaze landed on Lin Mo’s table. The disciples smirked at one another.

“Hey, isn’t he the guy who got beaten up last time?” a disciple waved at one of his friends. “Does he want more?”

“Come, let’s meet this guy.”

“Wasn’t beating enough for you to come to eat at the restaurant.” Those disciples laughed.

“Buzz off,” said Lin Mo.

Seeing Lin Mo’s nonchalance, those disciples were further agitated.

One of the disciples, with a determined look on his face, slammed his fist on the table, causing the wine to spill all over the surface. With a loud voice, he declared, “We want to eat at this table!”

This disciple’s act attracted other customer’s attention.

The waiter came to the table with an uneasy look. “Guest, please don’t make it difficult for our business.”

Lin Mo continued eating without bothering to listen. His carefreeness angered that disciple, who again slammed the table.

Lin Mo looked towards his apprentice brother, wondering how he was doing in this situation.

He nearly choked on his food when he saw his apprentice brother covered in wine and oil from the spilled food on the table.

Before Lin Mo could say anything, Wu Di’s left fist already reached the face of that bad-mouthing disciple.

Lin Mo remembered that no matter how nice Wu Di appeared around him and their master, Wu Di, in the end, was still an ill-tempered person.

During their first day in the sect, he made a huge scene beating up a few disciples and even tried fighting a senior disciple; eventually, an elder interfered. “It was to show his dominance,” Wu Di said.

It seems that was when Wu Di entered the sixth elder’s notice. But why did the master also choose Lin? He didn’t know.

The bad-mouthing disciple tumbled to the ground. His four front teeth fell out, and he bled from the nose and mouth.

“S-surround them! Don’t let them escape!” the disciple shouted through a bleeding mouth.

The customers in the restaurant could already tell a fight was about to break out. They cleared the restaurant in a few breaths.

A few more white-attired disciples entered the restaurant. They surrounded Lin Mo and Wu Di.

‘How do they appear in a pack every time?’ thought Lin Mo.

“Brother Wu, you could’ve waited until I ate my fill.” Lin Mo grumbled.

“Anyway, Now we’ve finished eating, time for some exercise,” Their nonchalant behavior further infuriated the gathered disciples.

A fight broke out inside the restaurant.

Rather than calling it a fight, it should be a play. It was one-sided.

None could reach the hem of Wu Di’s clothes, he would appear and disappear like a ghost.

On the other hand, Lin Mo was too sturdy for their attacks to work on him. He was the one making them fall with each of his punches.

It didn’t take long to end.

Unlike the Sky Sword Sect, the Sun Sword Sect’s disciples were large in number and could be found frequently in the city.

Lin Mo knew if the young ones were here, the old ones would also be nearby. And He didn’t wish to get suppressed like last time.

The two apprentice brothers dipped out from the scene before other senior disciples or Elders arrived.

They were near the forest, returning to their sect, when a voice entered Lin Mo’s ears. “There’s a strong pursuer.”

“Wait, what?” he turned to the side. His apprentice brother was no longer with him.

Wu Di had vanished.

“Not again! If I’m caught, I won’t forgive you, brother!” He ran with all his haste.

He was already on the outskirts of the city. A few kilometers more and he would reach the sect gate.

He was running on the forest pathway at his full speed. When he sensed a spiritual sense locked onto him.

Far behind, he could see a small dot slowly enlarging before his eyes.

“He can fly!” Lin Mo cursed.

The figure gradually caught up until it was only a hundred meters away, at which point it waved its hands.

Lin Mo didn’t know what it meant.

All of a sudden, a powerful blast of wind knocked him sideways. He tumbled several dozen meters before coming to a stop. Lin Mo struggled to his feet, looking completely drained.

A white-robed elder floated not far from him. A late-stage core formation elder from the Sun Sword Sect.

“How can I help you, Elder?”

“You dare beat up disciples on my watch,” said the white-robed elder “Where’s the other brat?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Lin Mo feigned ignorance.

Lin Mo knew at his current strength he couldn’t fight this elder. He could see the sect gate far ahead; he could only make a run for it.

“HMPH,” sneered the white-robed elder and floated towards him.

Lin Mo looked behind that elder and brightened up. “Sect master! Please save us.”

“Sect master?!” The white-robed elder quickly turned behind in vigilance, but he saw no one.

When the robed man returned his gaze to the ground, Lin Mo was already gone.

He realized he had been tricked by a junior. His anger flared up, and he flew ahead towards fleeing Lin Mo.

The sect gate was only a hundred meters ahead. If he could make it behind the gate, other elders would come to his rescue.

However, he was soon again blasted to the side. It was the same move. There was no lethality in the move, just a gust of wind. It’s just he couldn’t see or avoid it.

“Elder, aren’t you tired of playing chase with a junior?” he dusted off his clothes.

“I cannot return without breaking your bones today,” said the white-robed elder, gritting his teeth.

This elder was in charge of overseeing the disciples and their safety during this visit. But when he was enjoying his time, the disciples he was supposed to look after got beaten up badly. If he returned to the sect like this, all blame would fall on him.

“Like elder, like disciple, they are always after my bones,” sighing, Lin Mo lamented.

“Now you finally realize the situation you’re in,” the elder laughed.

Seeing the white-robed elder laugh, Lin Mo appeared hesitant. “Look, There’s someone behind you!”

“Hah! Do you think I would fall for s--” Before the elder could finish his sentence, he faintly sensed someone behind him.

A silhouette appeared behind him.

He couldn’t react in time; a shiny cold blade reflected the dread he felt at that moment. The old man flung through the air and made a large impact on the ground.

“Run quickly towards the gate,” Wu Di’s voice entered Lin’s ear again.

“Didn’t you stab him?” asked Lin Mo.

“No. Something obstructed me,”

The White-robed elder rose from the debris, unscathed except for his torn clothes. He wore an armor that shielded his chest and back.

“No wonder,” the two thought.

It wasn’t uncommon for an elder to possess lifesaving tools on his body.

The white-robed elder appeared to transform, emanating a different aura.

As that elder made a grasping motion, Lin Mo’s body was lifted and pulled towards him.

“You’ve done it, brat. You won’t escape today.” The elder looked red from anger.

A junior disciple forced an elder like himself to use his life-saving treasure, causing humiliation as he had to go all out to catch them.

“Other brat disappeared? But as long as you’re here, I know he won’t run away.” Lin Mo was held in the air by an invisible grasp.

“You’ve got guts to make a move against a disciple in front of the sect gate,” a nonchalant voice drifted from a side.

A beautiful woman stood with her hands crossed as she watched the show. Her blue dress contrasted with her dark hair and fair skin made her more stunning.

“Sister Lina, save me. He is bullying a junior.” Lin Mo appeared pitiful.

Sister Lina looked at the floating Lin Mo and showed a smile that was not a smile.

Lin Mo shivered. “Maybe it was a bad idea to ask for her help.”

“As an elder, aren’t you ashamed of yourself?” She mocked. “You are in an outburst state against juniors.”

‘The outburst’ refers to a temporary state where a person’s energy increases over time, along with their ability to recover. However, to experience such a burst of energy, one must be prepared to face a backlash later on.

“Little girl, didn’t your parents teach you how you should speak with elders?” the white-robbed elder snapped. “Do you need me to teach you a lesson?”

“If you’re that confident in your sword, how about teaching this junior some sword moves?” she invited with open arms.

The white-robbed elder knew the girl in front of him was not some ordinary disciple. Even if her status was set aside, she alone could hold him here.

He had seen a widely published list of geniuses. In that list, her name came at the top. Even as a late-stage core formation elder, he wasn’t confident in defeating her.

He had to retreat.

Giving a big harrumph, he released Lin Mo and after giving one last glance he left.

“What a coincidence, Senior Sister?” Lin Mo spoke with politeness. “Where’ve you been? I haven’t seen Senior Sister for some time now.”

“I just returned after completing a task,” she looked at Lin Mo carefully. “Did your strength increase?”

“And you too, you also seem to improve in stealth,” she saw through Wu Di’s stealth with just a glance.

 

“Yes, Senior Sister. We both recently had an improvement,” Lin Mo replied.

“I have a few questions I want to ask you two,” she turned to the gate. “Let’s go, I’ll ask you on the way.”

Lin Mo could only laugh wryly.

In the end, those two followed closely behind, answering her questions.

Before the two arrived, she was under the sixth elder’s tutelage for some time. She told them, therefore, they began calling her Senior Sister Lina.

In the sect, she remained the strongest among senior disciples. None of her contemporaries could match her in sword arts.

Currently, she is believed to have the highest sword mastery after, her father, the sect master.

1