Furious Tyrant
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Mo had already distanced himself from the giant's stomping range and observed the gruesome scene unfold from a safe distance.

Wu Di appeared beside him. “I can only help this much.”

Wu Di couldn’t get both eyes at once; they were too far apart for him to leap across without risking being slammed by the giant's trunk.

!!!

Even from a distance, the two felt a shift in the air, as if it had become slightly heavier.

The forest began to tremble violently as if shaken by an earthquake.

Following this, the sky darkened ominously. Creatures of all sizes, from the smallest insects to the largest animals, swiftly hid from whatever impending threat loomed overhead.

They could see the giant fume in rage. its aura completely changed into that of the fearsome entity.

Lin Mo's body shook uncontrollably as he struggled to maintain his composure. This was the overwhelming might emanating from a superior being, pressing down upon him with incredible force.

“This is the real tyrant of the forest,” Lin uttered under greeted teeth.

It had been playing this whole time; It finally got serious.

“It’s transforming!” the old ghost exclaimed.

“Yeah, I can see that,”

The giants’s body was slowly darkening. Its size also appears to increase.

 “Brother Wu, we should run while we can.” Suggested Lin Mo, seeing the giant didn’t move.

“No, it will catch up instantly.” Wu Di said before disappearing.

Wu Di's body flashed swiftly towards the giant. He had observed that during the transformation, the giant seemed momentarily still. He aimed to seize this opportunity to strike at the remaining eye. Once successful, they would at least have a chance to escape.

”Brother don’t!” Lin Mo tried warning.

Wu Di had already appeared in front of the giant’s remaining eye. However, before he could make a Move, the giant unreleased its kingly aura.

A wave of ripple, seemingly formed from energy, blocked Wu Di’s strike.

Realizing he had failed, Wu Di attempted to retreat. However, before he could do so, a blast of energy struck his defenseless body, sending him hurtling into the forest below.

“Damn it,” Lin Mo hurried toward Wu Di’s location.

Unlike Lin Mo, Wu Di’s body was weak. He hadn’t been trained to endure heavy damage.

When Lin Mo reached the area, he found Wu Di unconscious in the rubble.

“Brother Wu, that was reckless of you.” He pulled out Wu Di’s unconscious body from the rubble. “Why Did you even think the same move would work twice?”

Of course, there was no reply. Wu Di had already fainted due to the intense pain from the crash.

Carrying Wu Di’s limp body, Lin Mo ran. Trying to create more distance.

While on the run, the old ghost suddenly spoke. “Brat you should see this…”

As he was focused on the path ahead, Lin Mo hadn't noticed any changes occurring with the giant.

Hearing the old ghost's voice, he took a quick peek without halting his steps.

When Lin Mo looked behind, he momentarily slowed his steps.

The giant's body had turned charcoal dark as if it could devour the light itself. Its enormous crimson eye remained fixated on Lin Mo all this while.

“Brat, there's not much time before it finishes its transformation. Leave the body and climb toward the slopes. This way, at least you'll have a sliver of a chance at survival,” urged the old ghost.  

“Old ghost, you must be kidding. How could I ever face my master if I return alone?” After a moment of contemplation, Lin Mo made his decision and turned toward the high ground.

“So you've decided?”

He carried Wu Di up the hill, reaching a flat area. There, he concealed Wu Di's body between two large rocks and fed him a pellet.

“This should reduce the pain and stop internal bleeding.”

This location was not tall but still high enough for ordinary beasts to not climb.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, Lin Mo muttered. “I wonder how much tougher its skin has become after the transformation?”

“You…Don’t tell you’re thinking of fighting that thing?” the old ghost bellowed. “This is madness! It’s impossible to defeat that thing with your strength.”

“I don’t have to win. I just have to stall until reinforcements arrive.”

The old ghost continued to pester Lin Mo to reconsider his decision, but Lin Mo had already made up his mind.

If Wu Di had been alone, with his stealth, he might have been able to escape unnoticed. However, from the moment the giant targeted them, it became impossible for both of them to escape. Yet, Wu Di didn’t leave him behind.

Lin Mo went to Wu Di’s body and from the waist, he pulled out two daggers.

He remembered, his master had forbid him from using swords until he opened his second Dragon gate.

“This is not a sword, so it should be fine.” He handled two daggers like a sword in both hands. “This feels light. No wonder Brother Wu’s strikes appear swift and precise.”

Lin Mo stood on the high ground, his eyes fixed on the distant giant.

Their gazes met, and a feeling of suppression washed over Lin Mo, momentarily freezing him in place.

Waving his hand, Lin Mo jumped from the hill into the forest.

Leaving the Unconscious Wu Di behind, He began running in the opposite direction.

The giant’s Movement could cause this small hill to collapse. He had to lure it a safe distance from here, Lin Mo decided.

As expected, the giant's eye remained fixed on Lin Mo. It paid no heed to the body Lin Mo had left behind, for to the giant, it was no different from dead.

Continuously tracking his movements even within the dense forest, the giant maintained its focus on Lin Mo.

“This should be far enough.” He stopped.

Lin Mo felt the ground trembling. Quickly climbing a tall tree near him, he saw the giant heading towards him.

“What was to come has come.” he prepared himself.

The giant was still on the way to Lin Mo. Although it appeared slow due to its humongous body, each step crossed More than a mile.

When it was nearing a few miles, it raised its trunks and snorted once toward Lin Mo.

“Huh! It’s not that suction again---”

“Brat, Dodge!” The old ghost interrupted midway.

Without asking why, he jumped to the side.

The place where he stood got blasted away by a current of wind. It made a straight path to distance.

“What the h*ll was that?”

“It’s a Ball of condensed air. It used its trunk to shoot it towards you, like a cannon.”

“Can all king-ranked beast do that?”

“Are you stupid?” the old ghost remarked.  “Of course not. It’s the element that giant is proficient in.”

“Why can’t I see it coming but you can?”

“Experience.” The old ghost boasted. “I’ve killed several of these giants in my prime.”

“Yeah, Yeah. Keep boasting.” Lin Mo didn’t’ believe a word from this old ghost.

“Here comes another one. Dodge, brat.” Old ghost warned.

Following the old ghost’s warning, he again took a long leap to the side.

The area, he had stood before, similar got blasted away.

“How troublesome.”

From the looks of it, those vortex of air were extremely lethal to the current him. If he got hit by one of those, he could be severely injured, if not die instantly.

Lin Mo could only try to maintain a distance between them, giving himself enough room to dodge the incoming attacks.

Seeing Lin Mo evade its attacks multiple times only further aggravated the giant.

It charged toward Lin Mo with its massive body.

Lin Mo prepared himself, daggers ready to strike. But when the two collided, a resounding sound of iron hitting iron echoed.

"Not even a scratch," Lin Mo looked at the giant with astonishment.

After the transformation, its skin had become as tough as iron. The dagger couldn't leave a mark on its skin.

The giant’s eye landed on the two daggers that had taken one of its eyes. It only further angered the giant. It charged toward Lin Mo with the intent to crush him into a paste.

The giant's massive body made it impossible to dodge its attacks. Lin Mo could only leap backward as soon as he saw an attack heading toward him, hoping to minimize the damage.

As he reacted to block once again, the familiar sense of numbness washed over him and he flung far away.

Lin Mo rose from the rubble, his arms numb with pain, bloodied mouth, and a haggard appearance.

“I said I would stall for reinforcements, but at this rate, I might die before they arrive,” Lin Mo lamented his dire situation.

1