Jade body art
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I can’t waste any more time. I’ve to use that move.” He muttered. “Even if I fail, it’s worth a try.”

He had a gut feeling, in this moment of life and death, he could pull it off.

‘Flow…Flow…like an air.” his hand waved around, his head slowly cleared of all dust.

These were the set of movements from the scripture. He had seen sister Lina practice this technique countless time. he believed he could achieve fluidity like her.

His movements slowly became fluid, like a river stream, as he waved and circled. Gradually, his arms sped up, each second passing as his limbs appeared to stretch and flex like rubber.

He repeated this set of movements without a stop.

“Brat, what are you doing? Dodge!” the old ghost warned Lin Mo of the approaching giant.

“…”

"Brat?" The old ghost emerged from the ring, but it seemed as if his voice didn't reach Lin Mo.

The old ghost realized that Lin Mo wasn't conscious, and the atmosphere around him also seemed to change.

A sudden chill permeated the air as if a mere touch could instantly prove fatal.

The giant also noticed the change in the atmosphere surrounding the puny human.

it stopped its charge and raised its trunk, pointing toward Lin Mo.

The surrounding air began to circulate around the giant's trunk, as if a huge hurricane was forming and all trees near the vicinity seemed to sway toward the giant.

A dark ball of extremely condensed air began to form around the trunk of the giant.

The giant seemed intent on finishing Lin Mo in a single strike. It didn't wait for Lin Mo to finish and shot the vortex of wind, like a world-destroying cannon, towards Lin Mo, intent on stopping whatever he was doing.

The old ghost tried to wake Lin Mo many times, but he got no response. Lin Mo was still in that zombie state.

The vortex already neared Lin Mo, just an inch away from erasing him.

“It's too late...” The old ghost watched as Lin Mo remained frozen. “Are you just going to die like this, brat?”

The frozen Lin Mo suddenly raised his left arm, holding the dagger.

SWOOSH!

A gust of wind spread out within a mile radius of Lin Mo's location, and the dark vortex disappeared.

Lin Mo remained in the same place, his hand raised, his clothes fluttering in the wind's direction.

From above, the giant saw its attack vanish, still in disbelief that a puny mortal could block its attack.

Then, all of a sudden, a one-mile area of forest surrounding Lin Mo collapsed.

All the trees and vegetation fell, severed horizontally, and even the ground caved in deeper.

Leaves from falling trees floated near Lin Mo, but before they could reach the ground, they were slashed countless times in the air—tens, hundreds, thousands of times in a single instance while still midair.

The falling leaves all turned to dust and scattered away.

Above, the giant couldn't believe this sudden change in puny human.

It blasted three more vortexes of air and shot it below, albeit ordinary ones. However, none of the three blasts could reach Lin Mo, they were also dispersed into the air.

“This is...” the old ghost looked at the mind-boggling sight, completely in awe.

Lin Mo appeared to be half-conscious as he raised his head, his gaze landing on the giant ahead.

As soon as their gazes met, Lin Mo disappeared from the giant's sight.

The giant used its spiritual sense to search and locate Lin Mo.

In a blink, Lin Mo had appeared near the giant. For someone who had never trained for speed, he currently reached the level of Wu Di's normal speed.

The giant didn’t’ believe a puny human could pose a threat to him, a colossal king.

It decided to crush the puny human; it raised its foot.

Lin Mo, raising his right-hand dagger, made a rotating motion and disappeared from the ground.

The giant's foot missed its target.

In the next instance, a loud sound of iron colliding resounded, accompanied by a roar.

The giant trumpeted loudly, taking a step back.

It looked down at its foot and saw a puny human floating holding a broken dagger.

The dagger in Lin Mo’s right hand had shattered like glass upon contact with the giant's iron-like skin.

Even so, a ten-meter-long cut wound appeared on the giant's leg.

The old ghost saw the giant move and had the expression of someone who had seen a ghost. “Brat, you made it take a step back!”

“Huh?” the old ghost noticed something and stared above.

The large wound, Lin Mo made recently, closed at a visible rate.

The old ghost remembered a crucial detail about the forest tyrant: they have highly regenerative bodies, as they feed on spiritual herbs and grass most of their lives. Even so, telling Lin Mo this now would be useless, as he can't hear anything.

In the air, Lin Mo also saw the wound closing, but he did not react whatsoever.

He raised the remaining dagger and again made a similar rotating motion, vanishing mid-air.

Once more, a loud sound of collision resounded, and Lin Mo stood floating with a broken dagger.

Another large wound opened up in the giant's leg, and it closed just as rapidly.

Lin Mo, on the other hand, floated mid-air, looking at the two broken daggers in his hands.

Suddenly, he chose to abandon them and threw them below.

Unarmed, he floated towards the tall giant.

Seeing Lin Mo make a move, the giant unleashed its kingly might, trying to stop Lin Mo from coming close.

However, with a wave of Lin Mo’s hand, he passed through it without harm.

The forest in the direction of that wave was destroyed.

Lin Mo appeared before the giant’s leg, using only his palm as a weapon, he executed a similar rotating motion.

Suddenly, a wound larger than the two before appeared on the giant’s knee.

In an instant, Lin Mo appeared on the other knee, and once more, a large cut wound opened up. Unable to resist, the giant fell onto both knees, bloodied.

Lin Mo continued to move around, waving his arms, and with each motion, previously closed wounds reopened. As he did so, the surrounding forest also suffered destruction along with the giant.

“Beautiful!” the old ghost couldn't help but exclaim.

This wasn't just a skill; it was an art, a canvas.

[Jade body art]

One of the strongest skills created by a sage realm expert, this technique ranked among the top ten out of hundreds of skills throughout the world.

The old ghost couldn't master this skill when he was alive, yet someone from a younger generation accomplished it. Although it could only be deemed a partial success, he still achieved it.

“You crazy brat. You did it.” The old ghost looked overwhelmed by Lin Mo’s success.

The giant was on its knees, as both of the front legs were wasted.

Suddenly, Lin Mo's movement stopped, and he no longer attacked the giant.

“Are you pitying this giant?” Seeing Lin Mo stop, the old ghost asked. “Why did you stop?”

Lin Mo stood frozen, but his previous cold aura completely disappeared.

When the old ghost went close, he saw a deep frown on Lin Mo’s face.

Before long, the giant regained its clarity, and its wounds closed.

Seeing the one who inflicted such heavy wounds standing still, it used its tusks and charged towards Lin Mo.

Its tusk met Lin Mo’s body. Although it couldn't penetrate his body, it sent him flying down into the forest.

“Brat, if you're alive, speak,” the old ghost's voice woke Lin Mo from his stupor.

Still in the rubble, he coughed out a mouthful of blood. The direct hit just now had broken multiple bones.

“I-I Can’t move,” Lin Mo barely uttered.

The giant approached, not giving Lin Mo a chance to counter like before.

Soon, the shadow of the giant covered Lin Mo entirely. It raised its huge foot, ready to deal its final blow.

“Is this how I die, under a beast’s foot?” Lin Mo closed his eyes, not wanting to witness his end like this.

However, that stomp didn’t arrive, he felt the giant's movement and opened his eyes. There was no longer a shadow of the giant.

He turned his gaze to see the giant had stepped back two paces. Its suppressive kingly aura disappeared, and its charcoal skin returned to normal.

The giant's expression twisted in terror, a rare sight, especially considering its usual calm demeanor, even when Lin Mo wasted both of its knees.

Next instance, the giant's size reverted to normal, and it swiftly turned and fled deeper into the forest.

“It’s retreating?” Lin Mo was puzzled.

The old ghost also became puzzled seeing the giant retreat.

“!”

“What happened? Why did the giant retreat?” Lin Mo called out to the old ghost, but the old ghost was nowhere to be found.

It remained silent, hiding itself in the deepest part of the ring.

After several more calls from Lin Mo, the old ghost cautiously peeked its head outside, scanning the area left and right.

“Is it gone?” the old ghost inquired.

“It’s gone,” said Lin Mo. “Do you know why the giant retreated?”

“It retreated because a strong spiritual sense locked onto this location just now.”

When the old ghost was outside, watching the giant’s retreat and pondering, it sensed an eerie sensation of being watched by all-seeing eyes.

A heavenly gaze had descended upon his body. The feeling was unsettling; the old ghost feared that if those eyes lingered on him for a few more seconds, they might purify him from this realm. Therefore, he hid himself.

“Why would the giant be scared of someone's spiritual sense?” Lin Mo, still muddleheaded, didn't understand the old ghost's explanation.

The old ghost shook its nonexistent head. “You're still too green, brat. There are beings in the world who can kill simply with a thought.”

“Strong experts have a strong spiritual sense known as Divine sense. They can swipe scan this whole world from a single place.” Explained the old ghost. “That giant knew whoever that powerful sense belonged to can kill it.”

“Could it be elders have arrived in the second layer?” thought Lin Mo.

Although the clash between the two seemed lengthy, not even half an incense of time had passed.

Lin Mo, worn out and bleeding, was on the verge of passing out from exhaustion. Despite having some energy pellets in his pouch, he couldn’t feed himself. His body seemed completely restrained as if bound by chains and shackles. And the old ghost couldn't help him either.

Lin Mo's vision blurred, and his breathing slowed.

The sound of swooshing filled his empty ears.

He struggled to open his eyes, seeing blurry dots in the sky gradually expanding.

Blurry figures surrounded him, their voices arguing, before darkness overtook him, and he passed out.

 

 

1