Side Chapter 1: Discourse of a War Plagued
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am Estrid Nuvilia Landshine, princess of the Landshine Kingdom. It has been several months since the five year long war between our kingdom and Tuyouq kingdom to the East was declared cease-fire due to a sudden invasion of demonic entities from the south to this world of Gystl. 

On the same time, a sickness had plagued my mother and father, the king and queen of our kingdom. It was first blamed onto my two brothers and  I before it was know that the other four kingdoms in the continent of Spirehope were ill as well. Out of six kingdoms, only ours had both royalty taken ill. No cure or healing can remove or mitigate it.

In addition, out of all the kingdoms, only the kingdom to the north's royalty was not affected. The blame was then squared onto them by the 5 other countries which the kingdom stated that it was proximity to the demonic entities that got them. The five kingdoms had to agree because of the possibility of war in due and while the demonic entities may attack. An unfortunate circumstance.

After two months passed by, the demonic creatures were deemed to be much of a trouble for the kingdoms to bear. This had made them sign a pack of agreement in order to release a most hidden technique, the hero summoning spell. A spell only used centuries ago during the great invasion of the Abyss in order to summon capable combatants from an unknown location with high capabilities of vanquishing unnatural entities.

As the only daughter of the Landshine family,  I was married off to the Tuyouq family in order to keep the cease-fire going as far as possible. My every movement is monitored and I can feel that if I even made a wrong slight against the family, the cease-fire might collapse and they would take me hostage.

"Fancy meeting you here, dear fiancé."

"Fancy meeting you as well, Prince Drew Sicur Tuyouq"

"You don't have to be so formal with me. You know I truly love you right?"

This here is the Prince of Tuyouq, Drew Sicur Tuyouq, the only son of the king of Tuyouq. I was only accepted as a cease-fire material in order to please the prince. My family had agreed to it readily as it would mean a possible combination of our households whilst their family agreed to take in the only daughter of Landshire which are rumored to be great saints.

"Oh come one. Are you thinking about those pesky nobles again?'

"Please, Prince Tuyouq, do not speak ill of your own vassals"

"You're as caring as ever, huh. That's why I loved you at first sight"

It's not that I do not hold feelings for him either. It's just that the nobles and higher-ups are indeed pesky. They already spread a rumor about me being a witch that deceived the prince in order to control the kingdom which was attempted to be shot down after his highness heard it. Stating that the future queen shouldn't be mistreated as such.

"So. What do you think about the heroes?"

"Well, they are indeed deserving of the title in strength and morality but in wit and planning, they lack what the very first hero did."

"Not willing to say bad things about nobles but willing to say that about heroes, huh?"

"I do not concern myself of the titles that do not hold."

"Well then, what's your opinion on the summoned heroes?"

"They are quite the unusual bunch. While they lack experience, with enough training and battles, they will be a great asset."

"That I would have to agree. They seem childish at first but they improved after a while. Although some of their moralities are skewed."

As said, the natural born heroes which a kingdom may have 1 or 2 of, capable to resisting the  evil attribute, dark and abyss, hold a paper title. In the situation of a wave, they will not be noticed. On the other hand exist the summoned heroes. Supported and kept safe by the kingdoms and given utmost priority to develop. They are  valuable assets in times of huge crisis such as now.

Another reason they were summoned is to gain knowledge. Demonic creatures are not so known as well as abyssal ones. By using the heroes not of this world, they can study their behaviors and possible distinct expertise to develop and find a way to cure the illness suffered by the royals. In addition to studying the hidden spell itself which was not tested much due to how many permission is needed to cast it to know if other world travel is viable or a way to stop other worlds from getting in.

*Sigh* "I'm sorry prince Tuyouq but I have to prepare for a noble tea party arranged by princess Molitza Veine Toyouq."

"Before you leave, have you heard about the newly discovered hero in the far village of Wheatfel? The one rumored to be the 3rd hero of Tuyouq with an almost immunity to evil attribute?"

"And where had you gained this fantasy your highness? Immunity is impossible."

"I am also doubting the information I had received but it won't hurt to have an immune hero wouldn't it? Don't you love having more assets?"

"Do not misunderstand your highness, I may be conscious of preventative and mitigation needs but I value facts over fantasy."

"That's why I truly love you. So wise and beautiful. May you humor my question?"

"It would certainly be great news your highness but it would also mean that one of the two heroes before are fake in reference to the old controversy of 4 heroes during the great Abyssal invasion"

"You're so intelligent. I really have fallen"

He may act like this but he is known as the Best Prince in all of Toyouq history. Not in a way that the other princes were bad but in a way of outstanding talent in magic, swordsmanship, and command when he's in battle. I really have fallen for him as well.

So this are side chaps. They explore the world more and also hint at possible future events. Some may mislead but most of this content will be used in the original chapters. Can change POV if needed. I wonder how that hero came about. Thanks for reading!

 

1