Side Chapter 2: The Researcher
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will uncover what these demoniacs truly are. I will be the first and only researcher to ever find the cure to the illness~ I swear by my glasses.

The insane madman is what they call me in the magical research field of Carnatia Queensdom. That's a redundant title but they just keep on calling me such.

Carnatia is the only known kingdom to be ruled by 2 queens rather than one with a companionship of a king. And the best part? They are both not ill by the current sickness affecting royalty. 

I had already speculated what the cause of this might be but I can't find a definite answer right now. I have come up with the theory that the demons perhaps had a sickness with them but why would it only target royals?

Then I went on to see of any cursed spells matches their symptoms. Turns out a lot did but the problem is that, even the kingdom of Tuyouq currently housing the Landshire daughter or the Landshire family themselves weren't healed despite having a saint present.

This led to my current searching 'why are the two queens of Carnatia not affected but other royals, both men and women wore?'. I tried examining their bloodlines to see if anything matched and surprisingly something did.

Turns out the royal families all six kingdoms were descended from the great hero lineage. The thing is, all of the ill ones are direct descendants. I mean, that might have great implications for the Landshire kingdom but what ruins my theory is our dear queen once more.

One of them, Primary Queen Sofia Herqy Carnatia, is a direct descendant but is not affected one bit. I wanted to ask for a conference with her but I was denied promptly as I didn't have a high enough clearance. Being a landless baron sucks.

I had then decided to search for her past. No abnormalities. It seems as if Queen Sofia had a normal resistance to disease as well seeing that she was severely sick 4 years ago.

It was said to be a deathly disease, even causing her to write her own death will just in case. But, after some time of no appearance, she had been well. After a month, she went on to show herself at parties and host one as well with no visible or a trace of sickness. 

Everyone was shocked as she was expected to die right there. It was said to be divine intervention by others.

 No saints had visited her. While she was sick, she locked herself in her room for a month straight with only her sister, Mary Reah Carnatia, the second queen, watching over her. Food and water had been delivered regularly but it was still worry some.

This Queensdom specialized in flower techniques and utilizing nature at its peak but what occurred was unnatural. 

I may be repeating myself but it was as if she was born anew. A sudden recovery and a pale but beautiful complexion like normal.

I was researching the disease that had her in bed as that might be a possible cure or training for the current royal sickness but it seems as if it was just a normal fever.

It was reported that her temperature was rising day-by-day by a small but noticable margin. Reported to have started during her trip to a nearby monument of death in order to give blessing of nature to the area.

This trail of evidence led me here. To the site itself.

It was basically a hillside with an opening big enough to fit 2 people stacked on one another with a width of just a person. It was tall but narrow somewhat.

This area is restricted to be visited by civilians but as a magic researches given a baron privilege, I had acquired enough permission to inspect the site.

The passage was just made of hardned soil though roots and wood columns. Seems like nature magic to stabilize the entrance. 

The more I entered, the stronger a mysterious force had tried to repel me.

 I am well versed in magic studies and theory as well as practical experience but to be honest, I had little experience to this kind of mana. 

This mana is elusive at best, impossible to find naturally at worst. This is abyssal mana. The only experience I had with this is by definitions from century old books. Seems as if I got the answer I needed.

I decided not to go in any further as I had worries it would not end well for me.

If I were to make a conjecture and propose a theory, it is most likely that the sickness is triggered though the contact of the first hero's blood with abyssal mana.

It seems as if there's something connected here. A connection between the heroes and this unnatural thing. Their great proficiency against this type of magic and how it interacts with them.

I really am curious but there's no way I can make Queen Sofia go here again or even get in contact with her by normal means. 

I have no choice but to find something major in terms of this disease or the demon invasion in order to gain contact with the royals. Well. No time to waste.

Time for the Insane Madman to go on a journey. To the Central kingdom, Landshire we go~

Another one is introduced. Seems as if something is up. Thank you for reaching this point and reading this of course. I value everyone of you~ Thank you!

0