Chapter 6: Taken Fate
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An orc the size of a little child can be seen wandering the forests. Colored black all over and with death in its eyes. Like an enraged puppet, it walked with little wobbles in a mad dash. For an unending amount of time. Indescribable hunger for prey.

Finding and fighting for what it is. It swung its hands across the wolf's face that is as tall as his belly, knocking it down before mounting it and pummeling the helpless canine. 

*Chunk**Scream*

As it was about to throw another punch to the wolf's face, another had come from behind and bit it. This sudden piercing attack in its left shoulder had caused a scream to erupt not of pain but of anger. In this commotion, the wolf under him managed to get out of the pin and attempted to escape.

The wolf tried to stand up and flee but before it can, a hand grabbed its tail and yanked back. The pull was followed up with a punch once more and a further pummeling while stood.

Not long after, the wolf's life had faded. Becoming a blur and ending with red. In all of this, the second wolf had just gone limp after biting the orc.

It does not know what happened and it never will. The wolf dropped to the ground and proceeded to twitch. The orc walked towards it and reached it just after the wolf stopped twitching. In one powerful stomp, the orc crushed the wolf's sluff, ending what could have been another of the orc's kind.

In all of this, I have just been here. Watching as Mugob massacred any living being he could get his hands on.

It has been several days since last time. I managed to gain a lot of this weird liquid with seem to be or act as an evil experience of some kind. This thing cannot be natural as it seems too evil for the course of life to allow. I do know that life can be unfair and cruel most times but thiss is just too cruel,

After days of absorbing this liquid, it seems that I gained a larger perception range. I can now see 5 meters in radius, just by absorbing this liquid slowly, I managed to gain five times my previous range. In addition, I gained more though shared EXP.

Mugob had become a death incarnate it seems. He rarely stops searching for prey and the only time he does is to eat and rest for about 3 hours. Even a bite or a blow to his legs cannot stop his advance. I had seen him be impaled in the leg, it did injure him and interfere with his movement but he walked it off and it healed. I do not know if its healing is because of his orcish descent or because of this twisted disease.

While it is detestable to see him kill so much wolves, charging rabbits, and a lot of unidentified entities, I could tell that I had gained more and more EXP while he does so. I can now control my sight quite a bit and have a better sense overall.

After he killed around 30 being and when I just got two days worth of the liquid, it seemed the with gaining 3 meters in range, I could influence the outside by focusing it. I can now slightly control my vision, think of it like a constant flow of invisible air coming from me like when you blow. If you blow in a large area, you can't move much with your breath but if you make your lips blow in a small area, you develop pressure in that zone making it able to knock light objects down. 

I discovered this after one whining night mourning about the loss of Mugob and me being forced to watch without the capability to do anything. I was just becoming more and more jealous of the ants walking to their own pace until suddenly, the one I was looking at moved slightly in an unnatural way. That's when I noticed that I couldn't see anything but the ant in front of me. After a second, my vision became normal and I decided to test it on another ant, just focusing and letting the outside world go to focus on this ant. I was happy the ants moved but it seems they didn't notice how glorious this moment is for me and continues to worked carving the rabbit's bone.

While it seem that I can slim my vision down to about the size of a pebble to be able to slightly move some ants, although it also seems that even if I focus my vision, it doesn't give me more detail that I already have with a wide range. I know it's an underwhelming result for basically losing sight just to slowly move an ant but I hope to one day be able to use it to move myself. Imagine a floating bracelet. Not in a magical girl way.

I haven't done extensive experiments with it during this week's forced violent show watch so I might try to do so later. Anyways, My vision range is not 10 meters. Are you surprised? While I gaining exp from absorbing the liquid, I also gained some though shared gain with Mugob.

I am still unsure if this is a party gain or a proximity gain but what I am sure is that I will accept both of them. In addition to further range through his power leveling, seems as if I can feel better. My sight failed me to give more details my focus but it seems that I can now gain more information for hearing and feeling.

Las time, while I did feel texture, I did not manage to feel the unbared. What I mean by the is that I know what skin and dirt feel like but I didn't know what was under it. Now I can feel Mugob's heart beat through his wrist as well as somehow hear it which I couldn't before despite being attached to him for so long. And let me tell you something, his blood is stale. It just stays in one place like jelly, the only time it moves is when a wound is detected to patch it up.

It's like his blood mixed with the liquid and decided to just stop and only stop stopping if necessary ignoring the fact that hemolobin carried oxygen which allows a living being to operate. Maybe it's just how orcs or living being in this world are. But why would his heart beat if it had unmoving blood? Is the heart doing something else? Pumping magic perhaps?

Anyways, Mugob exited the forest after a while of finding nothing. I can see where he is heading to now.

It is currently night so I have no idea if he headed this way because he saw it or through luck. I could see walls. Looks like soil if it was pilled up and made into mud after attaching wooden supports around. I can also see goblins, the kind with old and ragged equipment wielding spears.

"ALERT" "ALERT"

Well, the alert was efficient, alerting both allies and foe. 

 

*Growl**Stomps*

Mugob rushed onto the walls. after he got halfway through, it seems that about 10 goblins came out the gate. 4 of them were in gear while the rest held what seems to be torches. I am amazed they had fire, maybe that's why Mugob saw the village. 

As Mugob got most of the way there and the goblins were ready to engage, a ball hit him. It was from an old looking goblin above the wall. It made Mugob stutter in his rush and fall to the ground, rolling in what looks to be pain. I am not certain but I would guess it to be the staple of  the fantasy genre, the legendary fire ball.

While I do feel heat around me, I do not feel burnt or heated. It's like I am disconnected from the outside world but still in contact. A fired clown that still performs the role everyday. Enough with the jokes, whilst Mugob was in the ground it seems that the goblins decided to charge. 

They pierced his hands and his stomach area, pinning him to the ground, before attempting to pierce his chest. Just before it hit, he twisted his chest to avoid a heart steak, just barely missing the its apex. With that, he used his legs to stomp at the ground and writhe around violently. 

This sudden movement coupling with the fact that the fire spread around Mugob, the goblins decided to take a step back, releasing the pressure holding down the spears. This allowed him to stand up and take out the spears piercing his chest and left hand.

Now with only two spears to their defense and a seemingly unstoppable enemy, the goblins decided to try once more in order to finish this as it was deeply wounded. I could feel another ball heading towards Mugob from his right side although I do not know he knows or not. As it reached almost a meter from him, he was alerted to it. 

Although he knew it was coming, he was far too late to move away. Mugob decided to go for a block against the ball. He had received the impact, it almost made him lose balance but he held his ground. Based on this, it was not another fire ball, it was a possible earth one. I wondered why they decided to use earth this time? 

The goblins held Mugob down as he was recovering from the impact. Apparently, he may had used earth to perhaps infect Mugob's  wounds and as well as put out the fire so a physical tackle could be possible. I did not expect goblins to employ strategy of all things.

They pinned his hands with their bodies, 7 goblins is total, even piling among each other to add pressure. Immobilizing him while the two spearmen repeatedly stabbed his chest. Welp, that looks like it hurts. I am not a fan of this but I can't help him as well. I mean, is he even on the right side?

As I another thrust was about to happen, Mugob managed to yank his left hand free. Thank you, it was getting stuffy in there, He used it to swipe the incoming spear towards his right hand, impaling one of the goblin's head in the process. This shocked the spearman and temporarily stopped as well as the ones holding him down. Within the blink on an eye the situation changed drastically. 

While is extremely wounded, Mugob used his left hand to push the ones clinging onto his right. After, he pulled the spear piercing his stomach in a quick motion, breaking the pole while he was at it. He then used the stick to hit the ones holding his legs.

Now free, he stood and before the spearman realized what occurred, he was on the ground with Mugob proceeding to punch and smash the goblins he can reach. Out of all of them only one managed to stand. The goblin finally realized what happened, he was alone. His friends were knocked out or killed and they had a giant threat on their hands.

He swore to the chief that he would protect their village as a guard but he had never anticipated this. I fear, he fled back to the walls. He knew that with his size being the same, the fight should be equal but somehow, he feared what this monster could bring.

Mugob saw the goblin flee and decided to chase. Even with major wounds slowing him down, he decided that killing must come first above all else, the predator must never flee from its prey. As he was deeply injured, the goblin ran. In Mugob's vision, he could see something bright come for him. A ball once more.

He had no time to move. No time to dodge. He held his left hand over his right one and blocked. Majorly injured, he had hoped this may be enough though hope is not in him or his eyes, it was instinct that pushed him to do so.

As it reached his hand, the impact he had expected was not there. The ball disappeared along with its light.

Welp, we finally reached it. Hope you read the next chapter of this story. I write as they come so I apologize for the inconsistency. My plans are mid at best, delusions at worst.  Thank you for reading! :1

0