Chapter 4
131 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        When Neha was sleeping peacefully, some other people on the other side of the continent, losing their hair over the mistake, they had done.

 

        "Aakash, you idiot!", shouted Dev angrily.

  

        Looking at his carefree brother, he wanted to hit his face into bloody pulp, but restrained himself and said" It was your idea for putting up Black for sale, in the internet. Now, someone really bought him, what I am going to say to big brother? Dead, I am so...... dead." 

  

        If it is any other time, Aakash would have rolled his eyes, at the drama of his elder brother, but this time, it is not an exaggeration on Dev's side, there is really a high chance, he might die, if Arjun comes to know of it.

        So, as a sensible person with lot of survival instincts, he masaged Dev's shoulders and said with a flattering manner.

        "Brother, you know it is just for fun. How could I  know? there was someone with heaven defying luck, and managed to purchase Black in that 5 sec count down."

   

        "Besides, it is not my fault entirely, Black was the one volunteered."

   

        " That's because, you wanted to put up White for the sale, who doesn't know Black's protectiveness towards him." Dev said with sigh.

   

        Using his meager brain cells, Aakash put up a fight, " Maybe I am the one to come up with this rotten idea, but don't forget, you are the one who got brother's consent for this, using his inattentiveness, while he was doing the experiments."

  

        Looking at the idiot, whose chest puffed up in pride, because he managed to find a partner in crime, Dev wanted to hit himself hard, for listening to his idea.

   

         White, who was listening to their discussion in a leisure, suddenly straightened his posture and announced "Lord is coming."

  

        It threw the two brothers into frenzy, Aakash, who was frightened out of his mind , changed into his animal form, a majestic lion, whose body will makes people shiver with fear.

  

       The lion, who was admired and envied by countless people untill now, hid behind the sofa, with its head sticking outside to check,  whether his brother was really coming. 

        " I was kidding." White said with little smugness.

  

         Aakash changed back to his human form and scolded White "You should be named as Black, for you are very black- bellied, and Blsck should be White, for his steadfastness and loyalty."

  

           "You are the one to say that!  how dare you sold my Black?. I would have forgave you,  if you had done that to me, but you touched my Black. Nobody touches him." White tone was neutral, but Dev sensed a faint killing intent in it.

            Aakash, that fool, not realizing what kind of mistake he is making,  continued to refute White, even without a word of apology.

    

          " Oh, come on White. Black is the most sophisticated AI in the world besides you. Who ever got him, will treat him like a God for his business mind alone. Aside from that, he can even fight with a level 8 animal and come out unscathed, there is nobody who can capable of hurting him except my brother Arjun. There is no need for you to worry."

 

          Dev whacked him in the head, and solemnly bowed his head towards White " I apologize for everything happened, I will make sure Black will be back."

 

          White  nodded and acknowledged "It's good, you understand. You will be incharge of star group and temporary CEO until his return to take back his designation."

   

         White turned towards Aakash and said in a serious tone, " You will be responsible for bringing him back, until then all your cards are frozen and you are not allowed to borrow from anyone or sell yourthings to get money. Find a job and use the money you earned to find him, otherwise I will inform Arjun about your so called mistake."

          " You want me to find work? You are crazy! , who doesn't know about my strength, which was the source of my headache. I would break things as soon as I touch, and without money, how am I going to compensate them?."

 

           " That's your problem," White answered coldly and left the  room. 

  

             After White left, Aakash sat down listlessly, "I just don't understand! why this fuss?. All we have to do is, find the buyer, return the money and bring back Black, see only three steps."

  

            "Three steps you say! God I can't believe... there is such an idiot in this world."

   

           " Stop calling me idiot, will you? I don't see any problem in my plan."

          "Problem number 1, You have to access main frame, if you want to know the buyer's name and address, which only Arjun can, problem number 2, You can't tempt the buyer with money, for he or she bought Black with astronomical amount of money,  common people wouldn't even dream about. Problem number 3, if you can't resolve the first two problems, you can't bring back Black."

     

           "Okay, now I understood my plan was a failure from the , but this doesn't explain White's attitude. I always treat him and Black like brothers. He must know, I didn't mean it to happen."

          "Aakash, if someone separated your mate from you and sold her to others by mistake, what would you do?. Will you forgive them"

          Aakash felt his blood boiling, " I will chop him into pieces and feed it to sharks." He stood up ferociously, as if going to find that person.

          Seeing his response, Dev said with a smile " See, White does see you as his brother, you are still alive. So don'tgo around causing any trouble, there is no Black to rescue you"

           Aakash took a whole minute to realize the meaning behind his brother's words, and when it sunk in,  he was attacked by the wave of dizziness.

--------‐--‐------------------‐-------‐-------

         When Neha wakes up, it was night time. She felt little hungry, so decided to cook herself a meal. 

        When she entered the kitchen , she found the kitchen was tidied up, and the kitchen robots were standing in line, waiting for the order.

        Black materialized in front of her, and asked "what would you like to have for dinner,madam?"

       " I will cook myself, I am a chef, you know."

        Black didn't expect this answer, he met all kinds of people in his work, but to open a hotel in barren land, which was called as 'no man's land' was mind blowing.

        If the tycoons of beastmen and human continent knows, they will do anything to attain this place. Thus, he started to plan for the counter attack.

          Meanwhile, Neha started to prepare for the Chapati and potato curry . She washed the potatoes and boiled them for about ten minutes, until they are cooked well and rest it aside for cooling it down.

          Then she took a cup of wheat flour and added some oil, a teaspoon of salt  and sone water to mix it well and started to make a dough by kneading it well, for about five minutes.

       The dough was left aside for sometime, and then she started on curry, she washed the onions and tomatoes. she cut them into thin slices , and peeled the potatoes.  She poured some oil in the heated pan on the stove. After the oil heated up, mustard seeds are added, then curry leaves followed by sliced onions.

        When onions turned golden brown in color, sliced tomatoes were added, once they cooked well, boiled potatoes which were cut into small pieces  also added. Chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala were added one after another to enhance the flavor. Finally she added enough water, and turned the flame higher and let the curry to simmer.

        Eventhough, robots need not eat, they are attracted towards this dish, which smells so tempting. If any humans or beastmen were here, they would have gulped down saliva, from the mouth watering smell alone. Especially beastmen with strong smell would have found this irresistible.

     

        She stated to make small balls from the dough, while keeping an eye on curry, when she thought it simmered enough and wanted to switch it to low heat, she found the flame reduce itself,as if hearing her mind, so she thought about turning it to high flame, ant miraculously it changed to high flame, she was dumbfounded at first, but quickly recalled her fire power. This world didn't need any incantations and wands for magic, it was simply concentration and imagination.

      She was highly concentrated during cooking, she also imagined heat to be lower, thus the conditions are satisfied and her magic worked on itself.

         Black who was watching her every move like a hawk, found the anomaly very quickly. He came to a conclusion, that her fire magic must be level 8 or 9 to suppress the heat from the stove. While the occupation levels started from level 1 to level 10, it was reverse in magical powers,  levels started from 10 to level 1. For example,  two people of same powers fight, the one with higher level power would win.

            If he were to know her level was 1, as it was granted by the Goddess directly, he would puke his non existent blood.

 

          While Neha stretched the small balls using rolling pin, and made sure it was even in thickness in all sides and formed a perfect circle, she put the flat pan or tawa on the stove and adjusted the heat using her magic directly, and add butter in the pan, when it melted, she put the rolled Chapati on the pan, waited for it  cook well on one side and flipped it to another side,brush it with a little ghee for flavor. When the Chapati puffed up nicely, she placed it on the plate, and started on another one.

         In the same time, the curry was cooked to her satisfaction, she switched off the flame, and garnish it with coriander leaves, which was washed and chopped into small pieces and closed the lid to preserve heat and aroma.

        One kitchen robot placed the dishes on the dining table, another one started to clean up the kitchen. Neha had to marvel at their efficiency,'they really worthy of the money she spent .'

    

       When she started to eat the dinner, she wondered how her mother and Sara were getting along. Whether they noticed any changes. Her thoughts were interpreted by Black's question " Did you check the nutrition value?"

      " What's there to check?, it's high in fiber and protein rich dish. Not only tasty but healthy too."

      This answer was good enough if it was earth, but in this new world Black just raised his brow in answer, it took some time to understand what he was asking about was totally different thing from her imagination. In this world, food cooked by  the chef of level 5 and above, it contains properties to increase mana ,and health. Level 7 chef's food could even  provide additional properties.

        Neha knew, she must be level 1 in her occupation, for this is the first time she was cooking here, and to level up one needs experience and innovation.

      When Neha opened up the nutrition panel, it contains the following details.

Mana : 20/100

Health : 45/ 100

Additional effect:

     *   Cooked with chef's love, it will increase your luck for a day.

   

     " You are a level 7 chef." Black said it as a statement not as a question.

     " No, there must be a mistake, she opened her status panel.

    Name: Neha 

    Age     : 25

    Powers : Fire, Water and Space. 

    Fire  : level 1(190/100000)

    Water : level 1( 0/100000)

    Space : level 1(0/100000)

    Occupation : Chef

     Level: 2 (750/1000)

     Title  : Blessed child of Goddess of light.

       Neha was shocked upon seeing her status and didn't understand how she could become level 2 this quickly and even the experience bar was almost filled to reach level 3.

          She tried to act nonchalant" I am just level 2 and I think the values were there because of my fire." She guessed true, fire 1 has the tendency to increase the nutrition value.

       Black was simply astounded at her simple manner, in which she was speaking, any other chef would have screamed loud in joy, for only two person reached the level 7 in this entire world and only five person reached the level 5.

       To gain a additional effect just in level 2, it must be some heaven defying luck.

       Neha didn't bother about her status for long, she finished her dinner in silence, and said to the kitchen robot which placed the dishes on the table "I will eat in the living room from now on, it's too silent here, we will eat here only when entertaining guests."

     

       Neha entered the study with Black, and asked about the construction of villas and restaurant. We must construct servant quarters as well, I am planning on being self sufficient, you know having our own farm land and all. We need many labourers for that.

      "I will post the hiring advertisement on star forum, do you have any preferences?"

     "Preference.... yeah, I got one, hire demi-humans as much as possible. I don't care if they don't have any magical powers, they need to be loyal and hardworking."

     "Good choice, they work for low wage and settle at any place, also don't have many demands." 

 

    " Black, just look at you, and other robots here, which one of you cost me little ? I want demi humans life to be better, they should live with honor and integrity, not like now,bowing down for the sake of living."

     " Good dream, it's a pity. It will never realize."

     " I don't want to change the world and I know I can't. But, I can realize my dream here, in my place, it's enough for me."

      " As you wish." Black simply conceded.

     They worked out on fine details, and finalized everything. Black thought of something and asked her "If it is okay with you, I would like to recommend this place to my friends."

      " Sure, do what you want, if you need more money, just tell me.I trust you."

       

       Black was happy, even if he didn't show it in his face, he simply said "Good night".

       " Good night ".

      

    

  

    

   

   

  

2