Chapter 38: Ice Queen
496 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A new member, "Ice Queen," has been added to the chat. ]

The chat notifications distracted me from my work, and I froze when I realized what it was about.

There's nothing wrong with adding a new member, but I hope it's not some kind of psychopath or killer.

However, based on their first nickname, or rather hers, I already have a few ideas.

Hermione Granger: New member? Great!

Hermione Granger: My name is Hermione Granger. It's nice to meet you!

Shinoa Hiragi: So much friendliness... it's even annoying.

Hermione Granger: Don't ruin the first impression for the new member!

Shinoa Hiragi: What does it matter? He or she will quickly realize that not everything is pure here. There's an administrator-kun who wants innocent girls so if you're a beautiful girl, you're already doomed.

Hermione Granger: Shinoa!

Hermione Granger: Don't talk nonsense!

Rias Gremory: Here we go again!

Shinoa Hiragi: Don't say you don't like it. You're a demon after all. Or are you worried about your relationship with Administrator-kun? Don't worry, and there will always be a place for you in his harem.

Rias Gremory: I didn't think about that!

Hermione Granger: "Ice Queen," hello. Don't pay attention to these messages; they're just joking around. You're probably confused right now and have questions.

Shinoa Hiragi: Where's Erina? Here's an introduction to the new member, "Erina Nakiri."

Rias Gremory: I think she said she would be busy for a few days practicing with Ki and cooking at the same time...

Rias Gremory: Apparently, she decided to become stronger after the mission. However, that makes sense given our last mission.

Ice Queen: Yes, I have a few questions.

Hermione Granger: Wonderful! I'm ready to answer them!

Shinoa Hiragi: Of course...

Hermione Granger: What are you implying?

Shinoa Hiragi: Oh, nothing... just that you like answering questions...

Ice Queen: You all recently left Patch Island. What kind of magical Group Chat is this?

Hermione Granger: Oh, are you Weiss?

Shinoa Hiragi: More like her sister, definitely the ice queen...

Ice Queen: Yes, I'm Winter Schnee. And who gave me this name here?

Shinoa Hiragi: Even through those words, I feel a certain cold...

Hermione Granger: Shinoa, stop it! Winter, you can change your nickname...

Hermione began to explain the Group Chat's purpose to Winter, and another window popped up for me.

[A person from a world you visited has joined.]

[The Administrator can now invite other beings to the Group Chat.]

[The cost of an additional participant is currently: 2000 CP.]

...

[Anthony's POV]

The ability to invite people to the Group Chat has been unlocked, and just below this tab was a description that I couldn't invite anyone from memory.

One of the most important rules is that I must have seen this participant in person at least once.

Otherwise, I won't be able to invite them to the Group Chat.

In addition, there were some explanatory details about the new invitees in a special window for the Administrator.

Ice Queen: Changed nickname to "Winter Schnee."

"A completely logical limitation."

I nodded to myself.

After all, if I could invite someone like Saitama, it would be extremely... good for me and bad for my enemies.

Actually, I'm not sure about the extent of his powers because it was a comedy manga, but he's capable of destroying planets.

However, I'm not sure if he can defeat multidimensional beings outside his universe.

Winter Schnee: I see. So, are you all from different worlds?

Rias Gremory: You seem to take it easy, but yes, that's correct. You can find Books/Anime files about some of our worlds to better understand the situation.

Hermione Granger: Then I'll leave. I have a class!

Shinoa Hiragi: I have a class too...

Anthony (Administrator): Winter, glad to see you here. Welcome to our Grou pChat... Now you'll see much more than just confronting Salem.

Winter Schnee: What do you mean?

Anthony (Administrator): After viewing our world, you'll understand better, but... the world isn't limited to just Remnant. There are countless different worlds where there are creatures even worse than the Grimm or the tyranny of other beings. I think you'll adapt quickly. How's Weiss doing?

Winter Schnee: She's fine.

Anthony (Administrator): That's good, of course, but I mean something else. What is she doing now? Did you consider my words about your father?

I didn't wait for a quick answer before turning my attention to making a spatial pocket in the ring.

Overall, I had the idea of ​​trying to create a domain directly inside my soul.

I often heard about them in various stories in the past, but... for now, it's too heavy and dangerous for me.

Specifically, how I imagined the domain poses a danger like space directly linked to the soul through the void or something else.

The gods linked their pocket dimensions to a place on the planet and settled there, but they have enough divine power to do that, but I don't have it right now.

The Book of Thoth describes ways to help you find these linked dimensions and connect to yourself.

But if something goes wrong, the soul may suffer much worse than an injured body.

However, there are powerful magicians who could easily attach themselves to a pocket dimension they created.

For example, Zatara inherited the mansion "Shadowcrest" and placed the mansion in a special magical dimension.

That is as if the Shadowcrest physically exists in the real world, but if you go there the owner of the mansion can trap you... unless you're a very powerful magician capable of moving between dimensions.

I understand how to do something like that, but I don't need it for now.

Now, I was creating a pocket dimension directly in the ring that should be one hundred twenty-five cubic meters.

Furthermore, it's pretty easy, and wizards from Harry Potter can perform much more magnificent things with Extension Charms.

What I'm doing is more difficult because it involves a lot of charms taken from several worlds combined into one ritual.

"But afterward, it's better to use a faster method."

I said.

The magic of the DC world has many aspects with enough will and magical power.

I should easily achieve the same result with just a few words, but... I'm curious to try the ritual and I can already consider myself a scholar/alchemist/engineer.

Winter Schnee: How confident are you about the... dirt on my... father?

Shinoa Hiragi: Hmm, did I miss something? Administrator-kun have you already managed to seduce her with your sweet words?

Anthony (Administrator): I am one hundred percent sure. There's a lot of dirt on him that makes him look bad. He won't be able to get away maybe he doesn't care about his reputation, but he tries to maintain the purity of his deals.

Winter Schnee: Understood.

Winter Schnee: Thank you for the Anti-Hacking program; it became useful.

Anthony (Administrator): Oh, the Ice Queen herself thanked me? I'm flattered by this honor. I'd love to see your beautiful face at this moment.

Winter Schnee: I regret sending that...

Shinoa Hiragi: Administrator-kun doesn't even hide his corrupt thoughts anymore...

Anthony (Administrator): But seriously, what happened? I'm VERY far from you right now and don't have any way to check the news. But I can try to guess... there was a direct attack to rescue Cinder?

Winter Schnee: Yes.

Winter Schnee: And it succeeded.

Anthony (Administrator): That's... not good.

Winter Schnee: I agree with your statement. Moreover, the systems detected a hacking signal, and if it weren't for that program that noticed and prevented it.

Anthony (Administrator): I'm glad I could help. I'll visit your world soon, and I just have a few things to take care of there. How did the group chat invite you? I mean, did a notification just appear in front of your eyes, and is that it?

Winter Schnee: I was offered power.

Anthony (Administrator): I see. You were clearly more than upset after the attack... The Group Chat chose just the right time.

Winter Schnee: Did you send the invitation?

Anthony (Administrator): No, I only just got the ability to invite members, and I didn't have that capability before.

Shinoa Hiragi: Is Administrator-kun trying to get into Winter's world to flirt with her? Oh, he's showing his true beastly nature more and more...

Rias Gremory: So you can invite anyone to our Group Chat⁈

Anthony (Administrator): Correction. I can invite someone I've at least seen in person. It costs 2000 CP.

Winter Schnee: I read all the explanations in the "Information" tab and the ones you added yourself. Did you become so powerful because of the Group Chat?

Rias Gremory: Hmmm. Not really. I was a demon, and I still am, and I haven't acquired any new abilities yet, but maybe soon.

Shinoa Hiragi: Are you all ignoring me again? Seriously?

Anthony (Administrator): The Group Chat provides opportunities and CP with which you can purchase anything from the worlds you live in. So, if you have enough CP, you can easily acquire immortality, like Salem's, or the power of the Maiden. We only have one mission so far, and we don't have many points yet.

I glanced at my CP, and I wouldn't have enough for the very best items so I'm not lying.

Winter Schnee: Understood.

...

[3rd POV]

After sending the message, Winter pondered.

She wasn't fifteen to panic or get nervous about something unexpected.

Winter has been sitting in the hospital bed studying this Group Chat for an hour.

After a brief conversation with what seemed to be a suddenly appearing and disappearing group of strangers has been explained to her.

It's hard to believe, but not impossible.

Moreover, Aura was supposed to help during this time, but the notifications that no one except her could see were still before her eyes.

The medical staff came in to check on her health, and they didn't see the notifications that she saw several times.

Of course, it could have been someone's Semblance, but she already knows that magic is real just like Salem.

This Salem is more terrifying than an ordinary Grimm who can command and control them.

The possibility of something like this Group Chat existed... she kept herself composed.

After all, emotions can give strength, but one should never let them take control over reason.

She had recently told Weiss this.

That "strange group of hunters" weren't hunters at all.

One was a Demon, a real Demon, and those wings were not a Semblance but common features of her race.

The others also stood out... Now everything fell into place in her mind.

Still, it was hard not to notice that two of them lacked the specific composure of a hunter even a novice.

They become tougher by living in a world where Grimms are angry and where every day in the village could be the last, but she doesn't see that in Hermione or Erina.

They didn't even have Aura during the battle with Grimm, but Anthony bought Aura in the Chat Store and unlocked it for others.

Or this... Shinoa, who behaves very... inappropriately is a soldier in her world.

A world where humanity is ruled by Vampires judging by Hermione's words.

This all still requires further proof, but even now she sees an opportunity in this.

General Ironwood won't believe her words without evidence, and she understands and accepts that.

He'll likely think it's because of that Tyrian's Semblance.

There's also the question of her father.

He started pressuring General Ironwood whom she greatly respects, and wanted to take Weiss to Atlas.

Weiss is currently in the farthest cabin.

What does Anthony want to achieve by making plans to... overthrow her father from power?

He's from another world and has no reason to meddle in this.

Shinoa Hiragi: Administrator-kun is breaking my innocent heart...

"What perverted hints from this girl..."

Winter couldn't help but comment.

It's important to gain more knowledge and learn more about these Missions.

...

patreon.com/Sothisq

You can find up to 20 advance chapters on my patreon.

24